Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW X5 (E53) 1999-2006

better link for the X6, which states it will be build in Spartanburg, and might have the M5 V10.... but if it is going to look like that I really have to give all hope for the BMW styling department.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...w_x6.90027.htm
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

oh man, that X6 is one ugly looking beast..
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Oh yeah....

As far as the actual designs of the E-70 and the E-71 I have no idea what they look like.Those pics are probably conceptual design pics of spys and stuff.We were told that the X-5 Replacement will look like a slightly larger X-3. (that I dont think will look good) And Chris Bangle told us that the E-71 will be the "Most Advance,aggressive,S.A.V. on the planet"HIS words.I HAVENT SEEN THE E-70-E-71s.....Ive only seen parts floating around the Body Shop...and i can say that the E-70 and E-71 are larger than the current X-5.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWORM_25
    The Z-4 Coupe.I NEVER said it is a secret.I said WE as Associates of B.M.W. saw the prototype of the actual commercial ready version (except drivetrain).I WILL PROMISE you that there are difference,small but noticable,between the press release pictures of the CONCEPT and the PROTOTYPE that we saw.That is all.
    The actual production Coupe has also been introduced by BMW. So, if you actually work at Spartanburg, you must have missed the memo.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The actual production Coupe has also been introduced by BMW. So, if you actually work at Spartanburg, you must have missed the memo.
    do I sense some irony?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    do I sense some irony?
    If by irony, you mean sarcasm, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    If by irony, you mean sarcasm, then yes.
    that was the word I typed first, and then replaced, because I thought you are too nice to be sarcastic....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that was the word I typed first, and then replaced, because I thought you are too nice to be sarcastic....
    I'm not nice. I'm a bastard. It's well-known.

The funny thing about BMWs is that those who own one don't hate it, only those who don't have one hate some aspect of them, me included. Is this an indicator of how good BMWs really are at invoking envy?

I think owning one you quickly forget that it doesn't look like a Renaissance masterpiece and get on with the business of driving...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    I quite like the X5 ...

But because I've seen it offroad properly.

And I like it's styling.

And I don't own one

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I quite like the X5 ...

But because I've seen it offroad properly.

And I like it's styling.

And I don't own one
    Exactly look at that pebble driveway!!

too bad they are heaps of shit to drive. Took one for a drive the other day... e-gad. Absolutely no balls down low and was like a truck to steer.
    Web Publisher:
    1. ExoticCarSite.com
    2. Bugatti-Veyron-16-4.com

If We Have The Courage To Pursue Our Dreams, And Transform Our Vision Into Reality, We Invite Magic Into Our Lives - Race Resort Ascari

The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

There Are No Speed Limits On The Road To Excellence - David W Johnston

If Good Men Do Nothing, Then That Is Evil Enough

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticCarSite
    Absolutely no balls down low and was like a truck to steer.
    that is because it IS a truck.

I know Im stretching here....

The pictures that you and everyone else has seen are of the CONCEPT car.I only said that we saw the PROTOTYPE finalized version except proper drivetrain.There are differences between the two.The concept that everyone and their brother has seen has pre facelift exterior body parts (front bumper,rear bumper,tailights,etc)The finalized consumer version has VERY VERY minute changes on both the kidney grills , headlights and some other parts.The M roadster has two "fins" for lack of a better word on the hood that only one picture has shown to the public and it was a poorly shot spy shot.Every time I mention that I work there I get the same crap...lol.Im not saying that I am Donald Trumps long lost son or I am Vice President of Microsoft for goodness sake.All I do is weld in the Body Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWORM_25
    Every time I mention that I work there I get the same crap...lol.Im not saying that I am Donald Trumps long lost son or I am Vice President of Microsoft for goodness sake.All I do is weld in the Body Shop.
    take the proverbial grain of salt
    there are enough posers on the forums....

anyway, we understand you cannot leak anything important, in order not to risk your job...

Thread Information