Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    in the last times, the total absence of titles has changed his mind, imo
    He might have cared a tiny bit this time being that Hami has been a long term protege(investment).

Speaking about 'extra 6 points' which Massa scored at Spa, please don't forget Hungary I think it was, when he has stopped at the very end and Heikki won his first race...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    He might have cared a tiny bit this time being that Hami has been a long term protege(investment).
    WDC for a driver will no doubt bring in money for McLaren, something I'm sure Ron Dennis has some interest in.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Prost always did the minimum needed...and never approved of racing in the rain....as for the others mentioned...Schumacher collided with Hill and Villy IIRC trying to win. Alonso is more aggressive than Hami in these situations IMO.
    So was Prost not a great champion then?

The Schumacher situations were completely different. On both those occasions Schumacher needed to stay ahead of Hill/JV in order to win the title. He couldn't afford to play it safe. When it looked like he was going to lose, he got desperate and resorted to foul play. You're using Schumacher's worst, darkest moments as a driver as a way of showing how it ought to be done?

Alonso cruised round to second place in Brazil in 2006 when he could have challenged Massa for the win, despite the fact the title was effectively his anyway due to Schumacher's puncture. If Alonso was in an uncompetitive car in bad weather conditions in the same conditions as Hamilton, he would have done the same as him.

The bottom line is, given the difficult circumstances and the race pace of his car it would have been complete lunacy for Hamilton to do anything other than play it safe. I guarantee if he'd gone aggressive and lost it, the same people who are now criticising him for playing safe would be tearing him to shreds for being too reckless and dangerous, not learning from his mistakes, not showing enough maturity to deserve the title blah blah blah...
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    WDC for a driver will no doubt bring in money for McLaren, something I'm sure Ron Dennis has some interest in.
    How much?

So was Prost not a great champion then?
    I never liked his style.

Alonso cruised round to second place in Brazil in 2006 when he could have challenged Massa for the win, despite the fact the title was effectively his anyway due to Schumacher's puncture. If Alonso was in an uncompetitive car in bad weather conditions in the same conditions as Hamilton, he would have done the same as him.
    If so then I would have docked some respect points from him also. But Hami was not in an 'uncompetitive car' ...his driving was not competitive and/or to his maximum ability/desire.

If so then I would have docked some respect points from him also. But Hami was not in an 'uncompetitive car' ...his driving was not competitive and/or to his maximum ability/desire.
    He drove a decent race. In the dry conditions he was reasonably competitive (fourth fastest lap of the day), but in the wet conditions the low downforce set up of the McLaren was far from ideal. Just look at the way Heikki got eaten alive on the opening laps in the wet.

Comparing Lewis to his team mate, he was comprehensively faster at every stage of the race. Hardly the mark of someone who is not giving it their all.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    He drove a decent race. In the dry conditions he was reasonably competitive (fourth fastest lap of the day), but in the wet conditions the low downforce set up of the McLaren was far from ideal. Just look at the way Heikki got eaten alive on the opening laps in the wet.

Comparing Lewis to his team mate, he was comprehensively faster at every stage of the race. Hardly the mark of someone who is not giving it their all.
    So you believe that was as good as Hami is? I don't.

So you believe that was as good as Hami is? I don't.
    He probably could have driven harder and been more aggressive. He could have ignored his team's orders and turned the revs up on his engine to go a bit faster. He could have been more aggressive in trying to get the position back from Vettel

All would have been foolish things to do given the circumstances.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

He probably could have driven harder and been more aggressive. He could have ignored his team's orders and turned the revs up on his engine to go a bit faster. He could have been more aggressive in trying to get the position back from Vettel

All would have been foolish things to do given the circumstances.
    Do you think Massa was driving foolishly? I mean with the revs turned up and all.

Do you think Massa was driving foolishly? I mean with the revs turned up and all.
    definitely towards the end of the race. no one else could match his pace, so I'm sure he had them dialed up a bit.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

What the hell are you talking about?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

What the hell are you talking about?
    Answer the question, please.

Answer the question, please.
    The question is ludicrous.

Massa was seven points behind and needed to win the race.

Hamilton was seven points ahead and didn't need to win the race.

They both drove accordingly.

Hamilton did a good job.

Massa did an excellent job.

Hamilton took the title.

The End.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information