I know that the 2008 season only just finished up, and I know this thread has been created by what would be regarded by conventional wisdom as "way too early", but I was bored at the time.

Purpose of thread? Simple.

Place what you think awaits in 2009, specifically in F1. We dig this thread up again in 12 months' time and either stand in awe of some members' Nostradamus powers and/ or other members' complete lack thereof.

I'll go first:

1) Heidfeld continues on with BMW, who in turn continue to slowly but surely catch up with McLaren and Ferrari. Heidfeld has his moments of brilliance, but continues to fade. Kubica turns out to be one of the contenders for the ultimate gold. He announces his move to Ferrari at the end of the season. BMW announces the signing of Piquet and Rosberg at the end of the season.

2) Raikonnen soldiers on at Ferrari, but struggles to regain his lost form. He announces his retirement at the end of the season, presumably to focus more on partying like there's no tomorrow. Massa vows to make up for the lost championship of 2008 by obliterating his opponents in 2009. His promise holds some weight, but he's weighed down by continued car problems.

3) Dennis' golden boy Hamilton enjoys bathing in championship glory. Sadly, the glory goes to his head and weighs down his car. He does not mind though, Nicole Scherzinger is there to stroke away the pain. Heiki fails to impress. Is it his lack of talent, or Dennis' lack of enthusiasm of seeing his protege upstaged?

4) Alonso is running at the front of the pack every other weekend thanks to a resurgent Renault effort. He announces that he's not going anywhere, opting to stay at Renault. Nelsinho Piquet has his moments, but has a rather quiet year otherwise.

5) In a surprise move to some, Brawn's presence at Honda delivers one of the stronger packages of the season. Barri and Button nevertheless fail to finish in the points consistently enough. Rumors of Bruno Senna becoming a works driver in 2010 are rampant.

6) Toyota, thanks to the priceless know-how they gained with their Prius, now runs along the top-dogs consistently. They take the manufacturer's championship.

7) Shock! Horror! Max Mosley announces his imminent exit from the FIA. No one knows for sure why, but no one really cares. Everyone's just really glad it finally happened.

I'll be satisfied if only #7 turns out to be true.