Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 - issues, bugs, reviews, thoughts- SHARE

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    The only thing Macs really have going for them that justifies the price difference is build quality. The new aluminum bodied MacBook Pros are very, very solidly built computers. If there were a PC with the unibody aluminum construction I probably would have gotten it.
    You want a PC with build quality? Get yourself a Lenovo ThinkPad T-series. Hell, even the R-series isn't bad. It has a carbon fiber/magnesium rollcage which > aluminium all day everyday.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

We've been using it for a few months in a Programming class I'm in, and I really like it. It's very comprehensive and surprisingly easy. I like the little added features.

The only issue I've had with it is the Explorer windows. Such as when I'm renaming folders, it decides some other program is using it. Preventing me (shortly) from organization. After a few tries it shuts down this "program". Ha

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You want a PC with build quality? Get yourself a Lenovo ThinkPad T-series. Hell, even the R-series isn't bad. It has a carbon fiber/magnesium rollcage which > aluminium all day everyday.
    Carbon fiber isn't the best material to use for electronic packaging. It has poor thermal conductivity, it is electrically non-conductive and presents EMI and grounding challenges, not to mention that the chassis for a laptop doesn''t necessarily constitute the majority of the weight. So the weight savings over aluminum are going to marginal compared to the increase in cost.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Stupid Questions and I suppose it might begat stupid answers....

I would like to use Windows 7 But I am concerned about the compatibility with some of the graphics programs I use.

namely AutoCAD 09, RevIt 09 and Adobe CS4.

bear in mind some of these might not be all that legal...but whatever.

Are they compatible? has anyone had any experience with unusual bugs/imcompatiblities?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I would like to use Windows 7 But I am concerned about the compatibility with some of the graphics programs I use.

Can't say anything about AutoCAD or RevIt, but Photoshop CS4 seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Stupid Questions and I suppose it might begat stupid answers....

bear in mind some of these might not be all that legal...but whatever.

Are they compatible? has anyone had any experience with unusual bugs/imcompatiblities?
    ive only had one thing that wasn't compatible on 7, and that is my VPN client. with that exception, all of my programs, especially the big developer programs have had no issues.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Carbon fiber isn't the best material to use for electronic packaging. It has poor thermal conductivity, it is electrically non-conductive and presents EMI and grounding challenges, not to mention that the chassis for a laptop doesn''t necessarily constitute the majority of the weight. So the weight savings over aluminum are going to marginal compared to the increase in cost.
    Ok, I did some looking around and it turns out it's a magnesium rollcage and carbon fiber reinforced plastic for the case.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

So this is funny...

I just installed 7 pro on my notebook. It's a legal copy downloaded trough the MSDN Academic Alliance Software Center, for free.

Since I was running on Vista Basic, I had to format the computer, but fortunately 7 keeps older files on a separeted folder, so I didn't lose all my MP3s which I forgot to move to the external HD. Thanks to Xmarks I had all my passwords and bookmarks stored on a server and the transition was quite smooth.

Since I'm already using 7 (ultimate) on an older Asus, I knew there was that funny chess game as a default game, and I wanted to waste some time while minor installing were going on.

Thing is, I just found out there are no default games at all, zero, nada, niente!

As far as you know, could it be due to this copy being "student friendly"?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

It's either that or you have to go into Control Panel, Programs, and Turn Windows features on or off and find it in there, which is also where other useful things like telnet are enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    So this is funny...

I just installed 7 pro on my notebook. It's a legal copy downloaded trough the MSDN Academic Alliance Software Center, for free.

Since I was running on Vista Basic, I had to format the computer, but fortunately 7 keeps older files on a separeted folder, so I didn't lose all my MP3s which I forgot to move to the external HD. Thanks to Xmarks I had all my passwords and bookmarks stored on a server and the transition was quite smooth.

Since I'm already using 7 (ultimate) on an older Asus, I knew there was that funny chess game as a default game, and I wanted to waste some time while minor installing were going on.

Thing is, I just found out there are no default games at all, zero, nada, niente!

As far as you know, could it be due to this copy being "student friendly"?
    Yeah noticed that on my MSDN copy too. I just put it down to being Windows 7 Professional, figured that it doesn't need games.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    Yeah noticed that on my MSDN copy too. I just put it down to being Windows 7 Professional, figured that it doesn't need games.
    On the Microsft site they state the Ultimate edition has two more games, so I figured the other versions should have at least Spiders and the usual stuff.

meh.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    It's either that or you have to go into Control Panel, Programs, and Turn Windows features on or off and find it in there, which is also where other useful things like telnet are enabled.
    LOL.

+10 my friend, thank you.

LOL.

+10 my friend, thank you.
    Any time.. the telnet thing caught me out with Vista, so that panel is the first place I go looking for features that I figure should be included.

mhh, what's "telnet" btw?

mhh, what's "telnet" btw?
    A communications protocol. I've never used it though, despite of studying computer science in uni, SSH was already the more commonly used protocol when I began needing one.

Thread Information