Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Cougar on Autobahn

Ford Cougar on Autobahn

I made these on the Autobahn two weeks ago.
    The quality is kinda fuc*** up but the car looked realy sweet ^_^
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Gross!

I thought the cougar was mercury? Is it different over in germany?

wOOt 500th post
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I thought the cougar was mercury? Is it different over in germany?
    Yes, here they sold it as a Ford...
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

nice shots mate. it funny the driver and his woman have such dis-pleased looks on their faces. were you able to tell what the engine sounded like?
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

this has been riced and bodykitted.....

You know i actually like that, kinda suits it i guess
    I am the Stig

the first pic also clearly shows the habit of many German drivers to stay too long in the middle lane
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    the first pic also clearly shows the habit of many German drivers to stay too long in the middle lane
    I was just impressed to see no one is hogging the fast lane. Is it proper etiquette to move right even from the middle lane?

Cougar, a little ricey with the giant decal and wing!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I was just impressed to see no one is hogging the fast lane. Is it proper etiquette to move right even from the middle lane?

Cougar, a little ricey with the giant decal and wing!!
    In continental Europe you should stay always as right as possible, and overtaking on the right side is a severe crime. It is not uncommon that when you come up in the right lane to somebody in the middle, you have to swerve all around him using the fast lane and then go back to the right lane. (Very often woman stay in the middle lane, not watching their mirrors, only for checking the coiffure).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

In continental Europe you should stay always as right as possible, and overtaking on the right side is a severe crime. It is not uncommon that when you come up in the right lane to somebody in the middle, you have to swerve all around him using the fast lane and then go back to the right lane. .
    That's impressive, sounds like people actually follow the rules. In the States, whoever gets in the fast lane can sit there until a hundred meters before their exit. And passing on the right is a necessity, with the fast lane hogs.

If they started ticketing for lane offenses here, the National debt could be settled.

(Very often woman stay in the middle lane, not watching their mirrors, only for checking the coiffure)
    We get that and the guy having breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

That's impressive, sounds like people actually follow the rules. In the States, whoever gets in the fast lane can sit there until a hundred meters before their exit. And passing on the right is a necessity, with the fast lane hogs.
    I always have to smile when the max. 75 mph lane is called the "fast" lane. At least in the USA and Canada everybody is trotting along at more or less similar speed, and the big trucks are mostly the fastest ones around.

That's impressive, sounds like people actually follow the rules.
    Yes they really do follow the rules.
    You only get on the left lane when you wanna overtake somebody.
    After overtaking you get back on the line which is adapted to your speed...
    Of course if the left lane is the only lane where you can move at your
    traveling speed undisturbed well then you gotta stay there and only make way
    for cars faster than yours... This system kinda works out

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Yes they really do follow the rules.
    You only get on the left lane when you wanna overtake somebody.
    After overtaking you get back on the line which is adapted to your speed...
    Of course if the left lane is the only lane where you can move at your
    traveling speed undisturbed well then you gotta stay there and only make way
    for cars faster than yours... This system kinda works out
    Not totally, if somebody is coming up in the fast lane and you are in the middle lane getting close to somebody who refuses to go to the right, in spite of a fully clear right lane, then the system blocks, you ALWAYS have to go as far right as possible all the time, staying left is the basic sinn on the Autobahnen. It requires adapative driving, also from somebody who is coming up from behind in the middle lane and notices that another guy will be blocked by a slower car on the right lane. He should then, if possible of course, move to the left and let the other guy into the middle lane. If you can't move to the left, then increase your speed a little to pass the guy in the right quicker. This requires constant attention and I am afraid that that is not always paid by everybody.

Not totally, if somebody is coming up in the fast lane and you are in the middle lane getting close to somebody who refuses to go to the right, in spite of a fully clear right lane, then the system blocks, you ALWAYS have to go as far right as possible all the time, staying left is the basic sinn on the Autobahnen. It requires adapative driving, also from somebody who is coming up from behind in the middle lane and notices that another guy will be blocked by a slower car on the right lane. He should then, if possible of course, move to the left and let the other guy into the middle lane. If you can't move to the left, then increase your speed a little to pass the guy in the right quicker. This requires constant attention and I am afraid that that is not always paid by everybody.
    The recipe is simple: only overtake left.
    Just as i did on the pics

Thread Information