Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Photography Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post
    Most of the time it's simply the lighting/exposure. It can be seen with even a cheaper point-and-shoot if the lighting/weather is right. A filter like a C-PL can definitely help bring it out and some post-processing can greatly increase/enhance the effect as well.
    Pat, I came across some of your photos on flickr and have gotta say you have taken the best picture I've seen on the net of an F355.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I see.
    What's a C-PL? Circular Polarizer?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Pat, I came across some of your photos on flickr and have gotta say you have taken the best picture I've seen on the net of an F355.
    Thanks man. Which shot are you referring to?
    www.Desert-Motors.com - mag.Desert-Motors.com

Yes.

Thanks man. Which shot are you referring to?
    This one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Its getting cooler down here :P
    Hah, even still, your cooler is a warm day by our standards.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

This one.
    That's what I figured. I actually have a very high-res, more cleaned up version of it I could PM you or something if you're interested. Page 2 here: Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Event Information, Reviews, Online Community and Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona

Obviously that isn't the high-res version, though.

I'm looking for a not too costly wideangle lens to cover the rage under my 18-55mm kit lense (pentax k100d). Any good advices ? The ones I found were all around 500euro which is a bit too much..

That's what I figured. I actually have a very high-res, more cleaned up version of it I could PM you or something if you're interested. Page 2 here: Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Event Information, Reviews, Online Community and Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona

Obviously that isn't the high-res version, though.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really a collector of high-res shots.

In that link you sent, I saw no F355 but an orange car was the top right box.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I can't identify it - it looks Lamborghini-esque; what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is THE 712 and a Chevron B16, aka known as the Lolita, because of its similarity.
    Just reread that UCP article about s/n 1010. Quite an interesting story and well written as usual.

I don't quite the peculiarities of classic car prices. The 712 apparently failed to meet the reserve at 1.4 million dollars.

Why isn't this car more expensive and desired than that? It may not have a great racing history, but it is a one of a kind Ferrari with the largest and most powerful(?) enigne Ferrari has ever made. I would figure it would be worth significantly more.

Is the engine just a bored/stroked 512 enigne?

How does it sound henk?

Finally, what is the Ferrari 612 that is mentioned in the article? Is this just a typo?

suggestion: a sub-section (like this one, with the contests) where we can each make a topic and post our pics for comments and criticism.
    The one and only..NOOBZILLA:)

In that link you sent, I saw no F355 but an orange car was the top right box.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I can't identify it - it looks Lamborghini-esque; what is it?
    You can go through multiple pages with the arrow below the thumbnails. It's towards the top on the second page.

The orange car is in fact a Lambo, it's a Jarama.
    Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - 1973 Lamborghini Jarama GTS

You can go through multiple pages with the arrow below the thumbnails. It's towards the top on the second page.

The orange car is in fact a Lambo, it's a Jarama.
    Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - 1973 Lamborghini Jarama GTS
    Yeah I saw it was a Jarama later on form another photo, thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I'm looking for a not too costly wideangle lens to cover the rage under my 18-55mm kit lense (pentax k100d). Any good advices ? The ones I found were all around 500euro which is a bit too much..
    Even at the cheapest end, wide angle lenses will run you quite a bit. It seems to be around the same for each brand; the cheapest I could find for my Canon was still over $600 Canadian used on Ebay.

I'd recommend trying Ebay, but whichever way you go, a proper wide angle lens will be quite the investment.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Does anybody know why Photoshop CS3 deletes my exif data? Whenever I run a picture through the program it comes out without one, and it doesn't show up on Flickr.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik View Post
    Does anybody know why Photoshop CS3 deletes my exif data? Whenever I run a picture through the program it comes out without one, and it doesn't show up on Flickr.
    How do you save your photos? I'm guessing that you do it via the 'Save for web' function. Afaik this strips a lot of data off the photo to minimize the size for web use, including metadata. 'Save As' does not strip these details, especially when saved at the higher/st settings. Give that a try, if it's still stripping the data I can't help you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    How do you save your photos? I'm guessing that you do it via the 'Save for web' function. Afaik this strips a lot of data off the photo to minimize the size for web use, including metadata. 'Save As' does not strip these details, especially when saved at the higher/st settings. Give that a try, if it's still stripping the data I can't help you...
    I see what you mean, although I ended up choosing the save for web function in the first place because whenever I saved using the normal save as function and hosted my photos on Flickr, the colours always seemed to be lacking. But I guess that is just because Flickr ends up compressing it for you.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information