Thread: Bioshock

Bioshock

Anyone here played bioshock? I got it used this weekend for 15$ and i gotta say i really like it.

The graphics are ok...the environments are awsome and do a really really good job of capturing the mood and stuff but im not crazy about the character models.

People have been making a big deal about how revolutionary and stuff it was. so far i agree and disagree. I disagree because gameplay wise is just a first person shooter with special powers, nothin new there and a decent plot. But i agree because the atmosphere is amazing. The game is scary as hell!

I havent been scared by a game since i was a kid playing the first resident evil on saturn (thats right, saturn) and resident evil was a different kind of scary like when the dogs jump at you through the window and stuff. Bio shock is more of a constant suspense and sense of foreboding. There are times when i look at an area and i kind of hesitate cause i dont want to go in there haha. Sometimes i even hesitate to turn on the game because im not in the mood get scared haha.

whats your take?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I'm interested in the game, but I don't game much at all lately. My computer is pretty capable though. I'm no computer expert, but it should be able to handle Bioshock.

I am playing Rainbow 6 Vegas though. It's a decent game. Gets a little repetitive though.

I should look at Bioshock still, however. How's FEAR, btw?

FEAR is scarier IMO

if only the weapons felt right on bioshock.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I thought the game was kind of weird personally. Wasn't a big fan...

I've been playing it too, FEAR is scarier, but Condemned is scarier than FEAR.

Bioshock as a great atmosphere, a very good story and doensn't give you that repeat feeling that some games do.

In a 2 or 3months (+-) there will be a good surprise in fps games
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

what surprise will that be?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    what surprise will that be?
    If i told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information