Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The PC Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Bet you're gonna say something else next time, as usual.
    Good Guess.

Cameron? What you ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Good Guess.

Cameron? What you ordering?
    I told you on MSN I just have to get my funds in order then I'll be ordering

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I read some articles about the new cards, 7600GT won't be that good unless you plan on SLI'ing it, just get a 7800 and save yourself some trouble.......I'm gonna get 8-series next year.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 04-02-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

We have a Dell E510 that's working out nicely. 250GB hard drive and 1024MB RAM. Can anyone give me suggestions for what after market things are the best? I'm looking into building a new computer out of our old Gateway.

I told my mom that I had a small penis, so she said to buy a new 500 dollar video card. Now my penis is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I told my mom that I had a small penis, so she said to buy a new 500 dollar video card. Now my penis is huge!
    HAHAHAHA A new ED ad that says "Got ED? Buy a new video card and have up to 36 hours to do what you want"

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    We have a Dell E510 that's working out nicely. 250GB hard drive and 1024MB RAM. Can anyone give me suggestions for what after market things are the best? I'm looking into building a new computer out of our old Gateway.
    What parts will you need upgrading? Soemtimes it will work out more expensive to get all the parts for an old PC, and for $100 more you could et a faster pc. So if ypou could, write a list and a buddget, and il see what i can do.

I could help you out as well

Show-offs. Haha.

I have just started learning how to overclock without damaging anything. I've got some of the most overclockable things, but I just didn't notice. With a new fan and heatsink combo, my AMD64 3500+ will run as fast as a FX53 in no time. And that big heatsink on my Leadtek 6800GT is meant for OC'ing, as said by some review sites. As long as temperatures are good, nothing bad will happen at all. Be prepared.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    yeah teh imporoved quality of the images you're watching on those web sites is making your hand work harder
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    As long as temperatures are good, nothing bad will happen at all.
    Sadly not a 100% truth.
    Over-clocking "ages" a component faster than it's designed-for operation.
    Seldom matters much to an o/cer as they'll have swapped out the components long before the end of the failure bathtub approaches.
    For small o/c nothing MAJOR will happen soon, is about the best we can say
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sadly not a 100% truth.
    Over-clocking "ages" a component faster than it's designed-for operation.
    Seldom matters much to an o/cer as they'll have swapped out the components long before the end of the failure bathtub approaches.
    For small o/c nothing MAJOR will happen soon, is about the best we can say
    That's what I asked him about, but he hasn't experienced any problems with his 3+ghz AMDs. He knows everything about CPU overclocking, but he doesn't know about overclocking other components. CPUs are easily overclocked, and as long as you don't push too far like doubling the clock speed, then there's very little chance you can damage it. Any damage is a rare case in CPU overclocking. Not only my friend says that, but many articles flowing around the internet says the same thing. You might be referring to GPU overclocking. Don't worry, I'll survive.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

"damage" as I said is the problem not "breaking" ( unless done by an idiot and as you said try to double it with the same cooler ) Over-clockgin a CPU increases clock speeds in/out of the chip set - why serious o/vers will cool teh chip set too
    Electromigration is increased by over-clocking. Localised heating can cause problems that a cooler can't guarantee to prevent damage. The "fingers" that electromigration causes reduce the life of the component.

( We worked at 10-100GHz (yep GigaHz) clock rates and we saw electromigration even on standard chips from a wafer if the dopign wasnt' perfect ). So it's still caveat emptor.

As I said "damage" that reducess life of a chip isn't generally noticable to an o/cer as they invariably have moved on after a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    What parts will you need upgrading? Soemtimes it will work out more expensive to get all the parts for an old PC, and for $100 more you could et a faster pc. So if ypou could, write a list and a buddget, and il see what i can do.
    I was thinking new hard drive, Video card, and RAM. My budget would be about $1000. Also if I get new components would I have to upgrade all the wiring too?

Although with that budget it would probably be better to just get a new computer, but I want to look at all the options.

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/c...or.aspx?mid=84 Should do it, and you have $200 left.

Its a pretty damn good PC for the price.
    Upgrading your system would be a hell of a job, it would probably need everything new parts. Probably best to look at that, or others on the www.ibuypower.com website.

Thread Information