Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your topspeed?

What's your topspeed?

How fast have you actually driven (or been driven, if you don't have a driver's license or a car)?

My topspeed is 255 km/h in a Ferrari Testarossa, NOT driven by me, it was on a Italian cars track day.
    My topspeed with me behind the wheel is 205 km/h in my
    Peugeot 106 gti (that's the top speed of the car).

So, what's your's?

NICE TOPIC!

There you have a nice topic.

I guess the top speed I've achieved must some 270 km/h on a FZR1000 exup. But bikes are not hour subject, so it must be around 240 km/h some 3 times, but always with me at the wheel. First time I had that feeling driving a friends '88 BMW735i. Easy task!
    Second time I was driving a borrowed Volvo 850 2.0 GLT. I never thought that thing could be driven so fast. I was clocking some 210 km/h when I finaly nailed it. I was surprised to se it happily reach 240 without any effort. It was rainning and the straight was over. I really don't believe it would go any further than that but it was damn fast getting there.
    Las t time I was expecting it, cruising happily with my father's Mercedes c280. Fast and silent. The Mercedes old school.

I'm very sad that it wasn't me in that Testarossa.

My Topspeed was 250 km/h with a Mercedes Benz E500 (Daddy's Car).

With my 200SX, I reach 240 km/h on tacho. I think it's around 230 km/h...

Greetings

oops!
    Last edited by austinreed2; 04-30-2003 at 07:03 PM.
    Austin Reed ll

my s1 roadster

sorry i messed up and i couldt fix it or delete it so i just put oops!,the fastest i ever went driving was 230km/h in my s1 roadster which i got for easter bcuz my mom ordered it from some where i wish i knew so i can tell u how to order it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Austin Reed ll

My fastest speed was 160 km/u..... not even with me behind the wheel.....
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

Fastest i have been in was 360kmh in a koenig tuned lamborghini 30th anniversary. The fastest i have gone was 312kmh when my car was stock. I havent checked its full potential yet.

My grey-import-from-Japan R33 Skyline GTS25t is supposed to be electronically limited to 180km/h, as all Jap-domestic cars are supposed to be.

However during a motorway drag with a mate of mine (who was in a '25t as well) I wound out third gear, flat shifted to 4th, wound out 4th gear, flat shifted to 5th and realised "that's not something I've done before".

It dawned very quickly on me that I was going very fast as I looked at the Tacho which read 6000-or-so-rpm in 5th gear. My eyes flicked left to the Speedo and saw the needle crashing repeatedly at the 6 o'clock position. (Speedo only reads to 180km/h on Jap-domestic cars).

Based on gearing that was prolly in the 230km/h mark. What is amazing is that after you hit a speed like that and slow back down- even to about 150km/h, it feels stupidly slow......

My mate hit the limiter at ~190km/h and said it was like I rocketed away and that he hit a brick wall.

The fastest I have done in recent times is prolly about 140km/h. Even then, slowing down to 100km/h feels dreadfully slow.
    Last edited by GTS25t; 05-05-2003 at 12:50 PM.

1979 '928' manual 250+ and pulling hard, the best ride of my life.

my top speed was just over 245 kph in a friends tt, unfortunately i wasnt driving.

With me driving, it was about 180 in my dads volvo v70 t5.

In my car, it is about 120, because that is about as fast as that piece of s*it can go.

probably 170km/h in my dads AU falcon one tonner with him driving, down the motorway

Originally posted by Meluion
    My fastest speed was 160 km/u..... not even with me behind the wheel.....
    Last sunday I equaled my topspeed on the highway... my girlfriend was driving
    Friends say that I've always got a smile on my face.

flying

fastest I've gone is in my brother in laws car. He said we got it up to about 205Mph. Fastest I've gone with me behind the wheel was in my friends vette. I got it up to about 185Mph

Re: flying

Originally posted by BoondockSaint
    fastest I've gone is in my brother in laws car. He said we got it up to about 205Mph. Fastest I've gone with me behind the wheel was in my friends vette. I got it up to about 185Mph
    Its unfair to say that without telling us anything about the cars

I went...um...268mph in my friend's...car...

But really, 185kph in a new Carrera 4S (I was riding shotgun)

MY bad

I was in my Brother in laws 2001 Corvette, I think it was a Zo6. I also made a mistake when I said my topspeed. I was in my friends 1999 vette and went 155 not 185 (close together on the keypad) My bad

Thread Information