Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Yeah Guys, The "snow" has been piled higher this Year than usual. Please, please, whatever God You Pray to. Let the Season start. SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    The problem is that there isn't an American who could win the title, yet.
    Sure there is. It's the equipment under the driver that needs to be competetive.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Sure there is. It's the equipment under the driver that needs to be competetive.

There are certainly some prospects, but they need to have been in the correct racing environment. The US isn't exactly a great place to groom an F1 driver. Meaning they have to have spent extensive time racing in Europe or Asia in the open wheel series.

And if you were pointing toward Marco Andretti, I highly doubt he has what it takes to be competitive in F1, regardless of the package.

Are there any American in GP2 or going to be any in F2?

What prospects are there Z_F?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Are there any American in GP2 or going to be any in F2?

What prospects are there Z_F?
    There were a few standouts in GP2. They don't carry that "I'm better than you" stigma because of their last name or their exploits in other series.

Despite this, I wouldn't be surprised if the team signs Danica Patrick, merely for generating the interest from the public and potential sponsors. And to add to the circus

Now there's a report out that claims a new team, tentatively called USF1, will bring F1 back to the states and have an all-American driving team. They want to be on the grid in 2010 and the rumour is that the F1 leadership is excited about this team.

I would like to see an American team with American drivers in the sport - I think it'd be really interesting to see if the whole "Made in America" idea works, and if they do well how F1 catches on in America. If F1 had an American world championship contender or if an American won the title, it could do wonders for the sport economically and in terms of viewership and popularisation in the US.

Here is the scoop care of Autoblog.
    It ended poorly when Prost and Peugeot tried back in the days. Nationalism doesn't work in motorsports imo.

Ferrari, or better, the TIfosi, would like to have an Italian or even both since...ever, but they did it just in some weird experiments, like Ivan Capelli (commenting GPs for the national television since some years) in the first nineties. Despite Fisichella winning a race (ahaha, kidding, no wait...) and Trulli being (sometimes) consistent, Italy lacks of a good driver since a lot of time, and Ferrari keeps playing with foreign and faster folks. still they ads a lot the made in Italy thingy even when the team is managed and held by foreign people, but that's a problem of us, sorry folks
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    It ended poorly when Prost and Peugeot tried back in the days. Nationalism doesn't work in motorsports imo.

Ferrari, or better, the TIfosi, would like to have an Italian or even both since...ever, but they did it just in some weird experiments, like Ivan Capelli (commenting GPs for the national television since some years) in the first nineties. Despite Fisichella winning a race (ahaha, kidding, no wait...) and Trulli being (sometimes) consistent, Italy lacks of a good driver since a lot of time, and Ferrari keeps playing with foreign and faster folks. still they ads a lot the made in Italy thingy even when the team is managed and held by foreign people, but that's a problem of us, sorry folks
    I see your point but the cultures of America and Italy are rather different and I think it'd lend to a larger fanbase if said USF1 did well. If your average American turns on an F1 race, what they'll see is:

- No American Manufacturers
    - No American Drivers
    - No American Circuits
    - A lot of unknown sponsors.

Most Americans are really jingoistic and need to reaffirm that in a sport as they won't take well to Frenchies or Brits winning races when the good ol' US of A isn't represented. With solid financial backing, competetive equipment/drivers, and media outreach/advertising for a US race.. this can only be a good thing. The only coverage we have now is a 2 - 4 race span on CBS or FOX with the rest of the season playing on Speed Channel. Most people don't get speed channel and aren't bothered to watch a 2 hr race on Sunday afternoons while NASCAR is on if they have no idea what's going on.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I see your point but the cultures of America and Italy are rather different and I think it'd lend to a larger fanbase if said USF1 did well. If your average American turns on an F1 race, what they'll see is:

- No American Manufacturers
    - No American Drivers
    - No American Circuits
    - A lot of unknown sponsors.

Most Americans are really jingoistic and need to reaffirm that in a sport as they won't take well to Frenchies or Brits winning races when the good ol' US of A isn't represented. With solid financial backing, competetive equipment/drivers, and media outreach/advertising for a US race.. this can only be a good thing. The only coverage we have now is a 2 - 4 race span on CBS or FOX with the rest of the season playing on Speed Channel. Most people don't get speed channel and aren't bothered to watch a 2 hr race on Sunday afternoons while NASCAR is on if they have no idea what's going on.
    well, I would really like if a new team entered the competition, and I don't care if is backed by some tobacco's company, an oil company or a bunch of folks from the same country.
    also, it would bring some fresh air with a team that, like RBR and STR, could act in a different way both inside and outside the track, rather than the old lawyer look we are getting from McLaren, Ferrari and so on.
    perhaps even some good rednecks from Nascar would be something interesting to look at

well, I would really like if a new team entered the competition, and I don't care if is backed by some tobacco's company, an oil company or a bunch of folks from the same country.
    also, it would bring some fresh air with a team that, like RBR and STR, could act in a different way both inside and outside the track, rather than the old lawyer look we are getting from McLaren, Ferrari and so on.
    perhaps even some good rednecks from Nascar would be something interesting to look at
    How about a new party team? Like Jordan a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    How about a new party team? Like Jordan a few years ago

'nough said

'nough said
    How did you find that photo? Image search Eddie Jordan + boobs?

How did you find that photo? Image search Eddie Jordan + boobs?
    nope, I just searched Eddie Jordan on google images, no boobs inquired, they come as standard

nope, I just searched Eddie Jordan on google images, no boobs inquired, they come as standard
    This means he is a baller.

The Jordan F1 mechanics also dressed up the fueling rig in different costumes and played pranks on everyone.

Too bad F1 is so serious now

Nobody's mentioned yet, but STR have confirmed Bourdais in the 2nd seat alongside Buemi.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information