Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangle exit

Bangle exit

Chris Bangle will be leaving BMW, to be succeeded by Adrian van Hooydonck.
    Bangle will leave the automotive industry, and pursue a career in industrial design.
    Not sure what to say.
    He has been controversial, but his successor has done the X6. 'nough said.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Why don't they both marry and go away together?

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Why don't they both marry and go away together?
    do you mean marry each other??????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i think industry can now offer much more money and less stress than automotive business... right?
    12 cylinders or walk!

I don't think that designing a good looking car is that diffcult.

The problem is every manufacturer wants to be differnt, hence some atrocities. And then, there's Jaguar which by being modern and different has actually lost distinctiveness.

As or the news it self, we'll se if that has any real effects on new BMWs.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

vanHooyedonck has done a lot of the principle designs for the last 5 years or so, so i doubt it will do a whole lot to change the design path BMW is currently headed down.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

apart from the fact all the next generations still to be unveiled (3, 5, 6 X3 and probably X5 too, oh and the X1) are already defined for as regards the style, and apart from the fact his successor has been quite influenced by Bangle himself, I doubt we'll see a real change or even a slight turn in the near future.
    maybe his car weren't good looking, but at least they were something to talk about...I'm watching you Audi, and even some MB too.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    vanHooyedonck has done a lot of the principle designs for the last 5 years or so, so i doubt it will do a whole lot to change the design path BMW is currently headed down.
    I think he actually oversaw most of the design on the previous 7 and 6 Series, amongst others. Or I'm lying.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    do you mean marry each other??????
    Yes each other.

It was a sad comedic atempt that bombed, sorry...

www.myspace.com/kasaky

I, for one, am sad to see him leaving automotive industry. You guys may think of him what you want, but C.Bangle has been hugely significant designer in reshaping modern cars.

And he was the man behind the Fiat Coupe....

i knew a guy that once designed chairs. really comfortable ones too. they were all made of steel tho. i asked once for a sample that was laying around and he beat me with it pretty bad untill my head bled profusley. we had to call the ambulance which he did, but didnt apologise. i was hit repeadiatly. i think he broke a bone in my hand too. i didnt notice it then, but i have a bubble type thing on my hand where the bone fused all wrong and i suspect it was from the beating. i was never beat up before, i mean i got into lots of fights, but i know how to kick ass. designers are generally known to be pretty weird. we dont talk anymore because of that day. i mean i call him every now and then, but he doesnt answer back
    stereotonin

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/02/stories/07/1.html
    Van Hooydonk admits BMW has made mistakes - the first generation iDrive cabin control system was "not right, right away" - but he passionately defends BMW's design revolution.

He dismisses press critics as blinkered, says the market was more intelligent than the media, accuses rivals Mercedes and Audi of copying the Munich marque, and promises even more avant garde design to come.
    :sigh:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I, for one, am sad to see him leaving automotive industry. You guys may think of him what you want, but C.Bangle has been hugely significant designer in reshaping modern cars.

And he was the man behind the Fiat Coupe....
    Yep, now all cars have damn messy lines down the side panels...

(Altough the Coupe was good)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    :sigh:
    "I'm sorry Mr. Van Somethingorother, BMWs have never been avant garde."
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

While not everything out of BMW in the last ten years was a 'homerun' overall I've liked most of the designs t come out of BMW and I'm looking forward to what Adrian van Hooydonck will come up with.

Van Hooydonck is credited as the actual designer of the 6 and 7 series and has overseen BWM design for the past four years or so. Bangle as head of BMW Group Design has overseen BMW as well as Mini, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorcycles for the past ten years or so.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information