Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda/Acura NSX Replacement Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by GQ' View Post
    You guys may say:

too heavy
    too luxurious
    too this
    too that

I WOULD KILL FOR A V10 VTEC MADE MY HONDA! DID YOU HEAR THAT BEAST ON THE SPYVIDEO?!!?!??!

ARE YOU KIDDIN ME????
    Too heavy? GUT IT
    Too luxurious? STRIP IT
    and guess what; you made ur Type R
    shouldn't have to... it's an nsx for christ's sake
    the fact they thought it needed a V10 was enough warning..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    shouldn't have to... it's an nsx for christ's sake
    the fact they thought it needed a V10 was enough warning..
    Not necessarily. I'd be happy if it was 3,000 lbs, with a V-10 and all fluids.

the last NSX made the most of it's horsepower (well..the good ones did), if it was 3000lbs it doesn't need a V10.
    when they gave it a V10 you knew it was going to be big and heavy.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    just goes to show that Honda can't make a super car and Nissan CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    You haven't taken your lithium, have you?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

sometimes they come back...
    This just show that Nissan decided to produce the GT-R (which isn't a super car, if such a definition will ever exist), while Honda decided to not produce their contenders.
    It doesn't mean someone is capable and the other not.
    Nissan could have designed the GT-R to be the best thing you will ever imagine, with huge developing and production costs, but to make you pay it a tenth of the real value, just as Porsche did for example, or even Bugatti. That's my opinion.
    Does this make Nissan a better brand? No, and it wouldn't even if the car was for free. It's a misleading ad, like saying it has 480 bhp instead of 550 or whatever it really is, I don't care.
    But am I going to purchase a Nissan just because of the GT-R? No way. I'm going to consider say the Insight? Not for me surely, but perhaps it could be a good choice for my mother considering her necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    You haven't taken your lithium, have you?
    thanks for helping dude.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

they call the ferrari the italian nsx
    stereotonin

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    sometimes they come back...
    This just show that Nissan decided to produce the GT-R (which isn't a super car, if such a definition will ever exist), while Honda decided to not produce their contenders.
    It doesn't mean someone is capable and the other not.
    Nissan could have designed the GT-R to be the best thing you will ever imagine, with huge developing and production costs, but to make you pay it a tenth of the real value, just as Porsche did for example, or even Bugatti. That's my opinion.
    Does this make Nissan a better brand? No, and it wouldn't even if the car was for free. It's a misleading ad, like saying it has 480 bhp instead of 550 or whatever it really is, I don't care.
    But am I going to purchase a Nissan just because of the GT-R? No way. I'm going to consider say the Insight? Not for me surely, but perhaps it could be a good choice for my mother considering her necessities.

thanks for helping dude.
    I used to have respect for Toyota and Honda as they did have really good sports cars. But now, their so conservative and are only thinking of manufacturing cars for city driving or fuel economy, etc. etc. If they brought back the Supra, my whole out look on Toyota would totally change.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I used to have respect for Toyota and Honda as they did have really good sports cars. But now, their so conservative and are only thinking of manufacturing cars for city driving or fuel economy, etc. etc. If they brought back the Supra, my whole out look on Toyota would totally change.
    that's the point, how can you seriously judge a brand because it's doing the right thing.
    I like sports cars, but I'm not going to condemn Toyota as you did just because it didn't replace the Supra.
    That's simply pointless. I would have considered that if they used to produced only sports cars and then turned to city cars, but afaik, it has always been mostly the other way out.

that's the point, how can you seriously judge a brand because it's doing the right thing.
    I like sports cars, but I'm not going to condemn Toyota as you did just because it didn't replace the Supra.
    That's simply pointless. I would have considered that if they used to produced only sports cars and then turned to city cars, but afaik, it has always been mostly the other way out.
    There are many car companies not doing the right thing (I wouldn't count Toyota as one of them).

There's not much we can do though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the last NSX made the most of it's horsepower (well..the good ones did), if it was 3000lbs it doesn't need a V10.
    when they gave it a V10 you knew it was going to be big and heavy.
    True, but imagine the BMW V10 in something way lighter, good looking, and mid engine? Would you turn that down? Now stick Honda badges on that. How could you turn that down?

Technically, Toyota never really dropped the Supra. The LF-A concept, for over 4 years now is really the Supra. When they will release it, no one knows.

Can we condemn Porsche then?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Can we condemn Porsche then?
    that was the subtle point

But look at what Porsche does wrong, and then look at what it does right - the base model 911s are fabulous as are the GT3 and GT2 - hell, even the Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    But look at what Porsche does wrong, and then look at what it does right - the base model 911s are fabulous as are the GT3 and GT2 - hell, even the Turbo.
    Plus, they gave us a supposedly great sports sedan too.

Thread Information