Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Only Mercedes A- and B-class have cheap hand brake lever. W201 used it too IIRC

Mercedes has used pedal operated hand brake at least for the past 40 years.
    IIRC W202 also has a conventional handbrake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    How did you get a chance to drive one?
    There was a Toyota show in Girona and you could test drive their cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmaster View Post
    As Revo said, A/B class don't. Don't know about SL/SLK.
    On Friday I sat in a E-Coupé C207 and it uses a pedal as "handbrake".
    The new SLK has a conventional hand brake.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

How did you get a chance to drive one?
    Go down to the dealer and ask for a test drive, they'll probably let you. I got a test drive in a mustang gt and I'd think they'd be a lot more picky about who drives a mustang than a prius.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Go down to the dealer and ask for a test drive, they'll probably let you. I got a test drive in a mustang gt and I'd think they'd be a lot more picky about who drives a mustang than a prius.
    I don't really want to drive a car that I'm not looking at to buy. It kinda feels like you're abusing the system.

I don't really want to drive a car that I'm not looking at to buy. It kinda feels like you're abusing the system.
    1st, congrats on 6,000 posts.

I like abusing things. Actually I get where you're coming from. When I got the ride in the Mustang, I think the sales guy was just bored. Still, the one thing I've learned in all my days in ethics classes is that if you try hard enough it's possible to do anything with a clean conscience. If you listen to all the prius owners then you're doing the world a favor by driving one as much as possible since prii inhale smog and exhale sunshine and pixie farts.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    IIRC W202 also has a conventional handbrake.
    W204/C207/A207 have a pedal.
    And I know a lot of old mercedes have it too.

maybe you're not looking to buy it, but then trying it changes your mind!
    might as well sample as wide a range as possible so you have an idea for future reference.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    might as well sample as wide a range as possible so you have an idea for future reference.
    I'm not in the market for a car right now though. I'm not really gonna start looking at cars until I finish university/move out, and even at that point, I will likely go for a used car.

I do agree with your philosophy however about sampling as many cars as possible.

With this in mind I try driving anything I can lay my hands on. Driving more cars can only make you more qualified to discuss on them
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm not in the market for a car right now though. I'm not really gonna start looking at cars until I finish university/move out, and even at that point, I will likely go for a used car.
    i'd still do it; the cars available for test drives now, might be the cars you're looking at getting second hand in a couple of years time. might as well make the most of it while you can. That way when you are looking for a car you can think back and remember "yeah, that one was pretty good" etc.
    With this in mind I try driving anything I can lay my hands on. Driving more cars can only make you more qualified to discuss on them
    ditto, i never pass up a test drive no matter what it is.
    although that is how i ended up behind the wheel of an aveo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

ditto, i never pass up a test drive no matter what it is.
    although that is how i ended up behind the wheel of an aveo
    My condolences. Still, it was your own fault.

as do i. if i am waiting while one of my cars is getting serviced, i will often walk over to an adjoining dealer and take something out while i wait. when i drove the 135i, we were in the car before the salesman even asked me my name. it also helps to drive nicer cars if you pull up in a nice car.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    as do i. if i am waiting while one of my cars is getting serviced, i will often walk over to an adjoining dealer and take something out while i wait. when i drove the 135i, we were in the car before the salesman even asked me my name. it also helps to drive nicer cars if you pull up in a nice car.
    What you should do go to a BMW dealer test drive a 135i, drive that to an Audi dealer, get an RS4, and then bring that to a Lamborghini dealer to test drive a Gallardo, and then bring that to a Ferrari dealer to test a F430 Scuderia.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What you should do go to a BMW dealer test drive a 135i, drive that to an Audi dealer, get an RS4, and then bring that to a Lamborghini dealer to test drive a Gallardo, and then bring that to a Ferrari dealer to test a F430 Scuderia.
    except for the 10 salesmen you would be lugging around with you by the time you got to the scuderia.

that is true. i know my parents can get away with driving the car around without a salesman but i certainly can't.

that is true. i know my parents can get away with driving the car around without a salesman but i certainly can't.
    i have been able to a few times when i was with my wife. but not by myself.

Thread Information