Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what Villeneuve has to say about Schumacher

what Villeneuve has to say about Schumacher

Source: BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/5262088.stm

Villeneuve is probably just jealous he was dropped form BMW Sauber, although some of the things he says are true
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

404'd

Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 08-18-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Whats next, "Schumi slates Villeneuve "singing"?

This line was the best

Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity.

Villeneuve claimed Schumacher would be quickly forgotten when he retired.
    vice versa

So it makes it alright then if I want to kill someone but warn him about it first?

By the way, who's villeneuve?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Schumacher is a poor ambassador for the sport, and I agree with a few of Villeneuve's points.

Michael has driven some outstanding races in his time.

The problem lies in the fact that I can't think of any in particular.

It is very easy to come up with a long list of dubious events that he has been involved in.

To some extent there is a case to be made for the "win at any cost" strategy that he and Ferrari follow, but when the "any cost" involves moving into grey areas of the rules, and some very "liberal" interpretations of regulations, it only does harm to their reputation - especially when the combination is so dominant that a point or two gained by such actions isn't especially crucial.

So he may have won a lot of races and titles, but the downside to that strategy is that there are a lot of people out there who believe that both Michael Schumacher and Ferrari are a big bunch of cheating bastards.

This is further compounded by his current handling of the media.

I thought maybe he had suffered a stroke or something, because all of a sudden instead of answering questions put to him, he just gives a little smirk and a reply of "we'll see" and walks off.

I think he has been particularly damaged by this at both Monaco and Hungary this season.

"Michael: did you crash, or just park your car there to block the track?"

MS: "Look at the telemetry."

"Michael: did you deliberately overtake Alonso under red-flag conditions?"

Wow, I'm certainly convinced of... err, hold up, how am I supposed to see Ferrari's telemetry?

So how do I know what happened, Michael?

He isn't denying it, and is trying to avoid answering the question, therefore he must be lying...

Furthermore, his reluctance to engage with the media makes him about as interesting as a textbook on soil erosion.

I think it probable that a lot of people will remember Michael Schumacher more for being "that silly German tit who tried to ram that silly Canadian tit off the track" than for being 7x WDC and one of the most successful F1 drivers ever.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Schumacher is a poor ambassador for the sport, and I agree with a few of Villeneuve's points.

It is very easy to come up with a long list of dubious events that he has been involved in.

To some extent there is a case to be made for the "win at any cost" strategy that he and Ferrari follow, but when the "any cost" involves moving into grey areas of the rules, and some very "liberal" interpretations of regulations, it only does harm to their reputation - especially when the combination is so dominant that a point or two gained by such actions isn't especially crucial.

So he may have won a lot of races and titles, but the downside to that strategy is that there are a lot of people out there who believe that both Michael Schumacher and Ferrari are a big bunch of cheating bastards.

This is further compounded by his current handling of the media.

I thought maybe he had suffered a stroke or something, because all of a sudden instead of answering questions put to him, he just gives a little smirk and a reply of "we'll see" and walks off.

I think he has been particularly damaged by this at both Monaco and Hungary this season.

"Michael: did you crash, or just park your car there to block the track?"

"Michael: did you deliberately overtake Alonso under red-flag conditions?"

Wow, I'm certainly convinced of... err, hold up, how am I supposed to see Ferrari's telemetry?

So how do I know what happened, Michael?

He isn't denying it, and is trying to avoid answering the question, therefore he must be lying...

Furthermore, his reluctance to engage with the media makes him about as interesting as a textbook on soil erosion.

I think it probable that a lot of people will remember Michael Schumacher more for being "that silly German tit who tried to ram that silly Canadian tit off the track" than for being 7x WDC and one of the most successful F1 drivers ever.
    I agree with all of that.

I think a lot of people can also agree that all the recent titles won by MSC and Ferrari were won with the help of the FIA

This is the same person saying NASCAR is comparable to F1 these days as being a top category in motorsport. Not taking anything away from NASCAR, but not many people would put any sort of touring car category above open wheelers.

Villeneuve's also making his voice heard over being dropped for Kubica, saying of BMW expects to win next year they shouldve kept him. Valid points or not, it simply sounds like sour grapes from JV.
    I am the Stig

If FIA wants Ferrari to win they wouldn't change than rule from 2004....simple as that....

As if a sanctioning body can manufactured 89 wins for one person.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Or you could also have selective memory and forget about them.....94 Spa, 95 Spanish GP, 96 Spanish GP and Italian GP, 98 Hungary, 2000 Suzuka, 2005 Imola, 2006 Imola......

There is a difference between outspoken and plainly being all talk and no substance. Aside from his 96 and 97 season in a VASTLY superior car Villeneuve's F1 career has been one of the also ran. The difference between him and JPM is not ability, but he is just luckier to get there with a much better car to start to snatch that title in 1997, adding the WDC to his name while Monty is SOL with cars that is not on another level compare to the competition(and Monty still won races), JV have done nothing outside of the 96/97 Williams....heck, even Damon Hill managed to have memorable and competitive drive outside of the Adrian Newey's creation(1997 Hungary), while all I remember for Villeneuve(perhaps selective as well) is his constant whining and blaming his equipment, team, teammate, and why the sun and the moon does not align for him......

JV is out, good riddence....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    vice versa
    lol thats exactly true. villeneuve was champ once, schumacher was champ 7 times and may still win this year's championship
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

I find it incredible to see how such a loser still has the guts to come out attacking Schumacher. Villeneuve has had a lot of dirty moves recently, but since he was always on the last positions, they didn't became so famous. He isn't and never was a great driver. Just a guy who was bor n with a foot inside F1, with a family name that attracted many sponsors and wich once had the best car of all. Whenever he didn't, his team-mates were always much faster.
    I can only tolerate arrogance, when it is supported with talent. This is not the case.
    Saying a 7 (8?) times World champion will be quickly forgotten once he retires, is almost like saying Fangio drove like my granny.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

"Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity.

"When he took Prost out [in the Japanese Grand Prix] at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race," said Villeneuve, who is expected to retire from F1 following BMW Sauber's decision to drop him last month.
    So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said "Yes, I did it, but I told you before the race that I was going to do it."

... Wacky Racers?

...OMG-WTF-FTW

Thread Information