Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    How embarressing, Damon Hill makes me sick!!!

YouTube - Damon Hill makes journalist sick on test drive
    props to Hill

that's why I'm usually the one driving
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Another picture from AFRICA that speaks for itself
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

I'd like to nominate the vast majority of Australian drivers for being the biggest bunch of idiots behind the wheel.

Most of us can't keep to the left unless overtaking, I've regularly drive on a 4 lane motorway and am constantly amazed by everyone just staying in the fast lane just barely doing the speed limit while the slow lane is empty. The slow lane is actually the fast lane in Australia!. On top of that we are unable to use roundabouts resulting in a stupid amount of traffic lights.

But by far the most stupid thing nearly every aussie does is get upset when someone overtakes them. This is how it goes, your in a 100km zone on a 1 lane highway doing about 90kms when the overtaking lane opens up the slow guy holding everyone up, speeds up to 110km making everyone who wants to overtake do 130km to get past them. Then when the overtaking lane ends, as no one in Australia can merge properly you have to slow down to 80km. It is fkn insane.

After driving in the UK and a bit of Europe I get really upset driving on Australian roads because the truth is Australians are shit drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 240kConvertible View Post
    Most of us can't keep to the left unless overtaking, I've regularly drive on a 4 lane motorway and am constantly amazed by everyone just staying in the fast lane just barely doing the speed limit while the slow lane is empty. The slow lane is actually the fast lane in Australia!
    negative, the shoulder is the fast lane (although only a bike/mini need apply)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by 240kConvertible View Post
    I'd like to nominate the vast majority of Australian drivers for being the biggest bunch of idiots behind the wheel.

Most of us can't keep to the left unless overtaking, I've regularly drive on a 4 lane motorway and am constantly amazed by everyone just staying in the fast lane just barely doing the speed limit while the slow lane is empty. The slow lane is actually the fast lane in Australia!. On top of that we are unable to use roundabouts resulting in a stupid amount of traffic lights.

But by far the most stupid thing nearly every aussie does is get upset when someone overtakes them. This is how it goes, your in a 100km zone on a 1 lane highway doing about 90kms when the overtaking lane opens up the slow guy holding everyone up, speeds up to 110km making everyone who wants to overtake do 130km to get past them. Then when the overtaking lane ends, as no one in Australia can merge properly you have to slow down to 80km. It is fkn insane.

After driving in the UK and a bit of Europe I get really upset driving on Australian roads because the truth is Australians are shit drivers.
    I would expand that to the whole world, especially the first part about which was is the fast lane (even if on the proper side )

I ran out of petrol... Twice...

Fuel Light Roulette can only go one of two ways...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I ran out of petrol... Twice...

Fuel Light Roulette can only go one of two ways...
    Prat. That is actually really bad for the engine as it sucks all the crap that sits at the bottom of your fuel tank through the fuel system.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Prat. That is actually really bad for the engine as it sucks all the crap that sits at the bottom of your fuel tank through the fuel system.
    There was this website where people, I am not joking, would do this constantly to see how much extra fuel their "faulty" fuel gauges kept from them.

Like that one guy who blew more than one fuel pump doing this and blamed Toyota for making bad fuel pumps.

Doesn't it also overheat the pump as well?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I would expand that to the whole world, especially the first part about which was is the fast lane (even if on the proper side )
    Really, the whole world! i usualy drive in a 4 lane highway and the exact same thing happens here, 3rd and 4th lane used and the 1st and 2nd almost allways clear, it's ridiculous, ppl just don't care.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Really, the whole world! i usualy drive in a 4 lane highway and the exact same thing happens here, 3rd and 4th lane used and the 1st and 2nd almost allways clear, it's ridiculous, ppl just don't care.
    The same here, three lane motorway, no one on the right lane.

Those who block the left lane are a bunch of losers which are sad because their lives haven't turned out as well as they were hoping, they have ugly fat wifes and they drive shit cars. And the only way of feeling important is annoying other people and driving as fast as someone in a BMW.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    There was this website where people, I am not joking, would do this constantly to see how much extra fuel their "faulty" fuel gauges kept from them.

Like that one guy who blew more than one fuel pump doing this and blamed Toyota for making bad fuel pumps.

Doesn't it also overheat the pump as well?
    it can. most pumps are cooled by the liquid it is pumping, so if there is nothing passing through it, it will cause the impeller or centrifuge to spin way faster than usual, and with no cooling. so therefore you get overheating.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyco View Post
    photo stolen from final gear....
    whaaaaaaat! How does that happen!?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    The real cause of squeaky brakes
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh wow.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>