Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BMW X1 (E84) 2009-2015

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    clutch has a point, Jeeps are crappy. I wouldn't drive one ever. But I guess they have those cheap interiors for a reason.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

My god, that's really fugly...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    a friend threw a rod out of the side of his block in the middle of a mud pit a mile from the closest road. and that was on the super reliable 4.0 I6.
    wow, ouch... despite my pessimism with jeep, even i actually wouldn't have expected that of the I6. but, it does fit in with the rest of jeep's performance
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

its a rare thing for the I6. but after that he tried a SBC install that went poorly, then a new I6. he still has it and it runs like shit, but it still runs.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I fail to understand why people buy a car that sacrifices road going capabilities for an option that the majority of the buyers will not even use. The story about all those UK X5 owners that could go nowhere during the recent heavy snows, because they fitted low profile steam rollers in stead of normal tires is symptomatic.
    That's basically tardedness, but I do know some people who buy them for medical reasons. My mom, for instance, has had bad knees for 20 years and can't get into and out of a low vehicle any more. Ditto my friend who has nerve damage in one leg. Mostly though they're bought by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But if you want or need to go off road why would you want or need a bloody Porsche Cayenne in the first place? Aside from being hideously expensive and having an engine that simply has too much power, a Lada Niva or Suzuki Samurai would do the same job or maybe even better without costing a fortune to run and wtihout making you look like a twat who has more money than sense. Also there's no problem if you scratch the panel of a Toyota Land Cruiser but a broken door mirror is going to cost you a fortune to replace in a Cayenne.

When I come to power SUVs will be terminated. Forever.
    This. Except for the last part. There should be a couple of exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    well, i guess you pay for quality. because jeeps are shit
    Die.

that makes it even worse. because then you're actually somewhere genuinely hard to access and offroad when it implodes.
    And that's what you get for buying a fake Jeep. Fake performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    clutch has a point, Jeeps are crappy. I wouldn't drive one ever. But I guess they have those cheap interiors for a reason.
    Since you don't go offroad that makes a lot of sense. And the reason the interior sucks is that they should be covered in mud. At all times.

a friend threw a rod out of the side of his block in the middle of a mud pit a mile from the closest road. and that was on the super reliable 4.0 I6.
    its a rare thing for the I6. but after that he tried a SBC install that went poorly, then a new I6. he still has it and it runs like shit, but it still runs.
    That is pretty strange. I'm not just talking as a Jeep fanboy here but as someone who's spent their whole life driving a Jeep around other Jeeps (club offroading and such) and it's pretty unusual for that to happen. Usually if a Jeep breaks offroad it's because you did something stupid or it's a cheap aftermarket part that broke. What year and model was it?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post

Die.

And that's what you get for buying a fake Jeep. Fake performance.
    you know it to be true... real jeeps haven't existed for a couple of decades now.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

you know it to be true... real jeeps haven't existed for a couple of decades now.
    More or less. The YJs weren't too bad, but lack the charm of the CJs. I hated the TJs when they came out for going all overweight and soft because they were trying to appeal to the masses. Which mostly resulted in crappy interiors and little mass appeal. When they came out with the Rubicon version they won me over somewhat, but still. And the new JKs are where I draw the line. No jeep should weigh 4,400lbs. Ever. The originals were shorter and narrower than a Miata and only weighed 2,200lbs. What went wrong?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

What went wrong?
    Everything that has gone wrong with the automotive industry.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, I can't name anything I like that Chrylser makes.

Maybe the Viper, but that's going to die too, so what's the point? And the Japanese make better minivans. Plus, Chrysler didn't invent the minivan, VW did.

That is pretty strange. I'm not just talking as a Jeep fanboy here but as someone who's spent their whole life driving a Jeep around other Jeeps (club offroading and such) and it's pretty unusual for that to happen. Usually if a Jeep breaks offroad it's because you did something stupid or it's a cheap aftermarket part that broke. What year and model was it?
    it was a late YJ, not sure on the year. and yeah i know it isn't anything common, but it's one of the few jeeps i have been around.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

it was a late YJ, not sure on the year. and yeah i know it isn't anything common, but it's one of the few jeeps i have been around.
    That's actually the model I have.
    Big cities suck

That's actually the model I have.
    When are you gonna:
    a) post pics of your Jeep?
    b) do a proper review of your Jeep?
    c) do a Fiset Test of your Jeep?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    When are you gonna:
    a) post pics of your Jeep?
    b) do a proper review of your Jeep?
    c) do a Fiset Test of your Jeep?
    Well, I don't have a camera or a way to get the pictures from my phone to my computer without paying $40 for a cord that does nothing else. I have a microSD card with an SD card slot adapter for it now, but no computer with an SD slot at the moment (didn't think that purchase through.)

I could do a Fiset test, but without the pictures it seemed somewhat halfa$$ed to do start a thread for the test, and I'm lazy so I halfa$$ my halfa$$ing which means I haven't done it yet. I guess I could make more of an effort here if people are actually interested.
    Big cities suck

We are.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, I don't have a camera or a way to get the pictures from my phone to my computer without paying $40 for a cord that does nothing else. I have a microSD card with an SD card slot adapter for it now, but no computer with an SD slot at the moment (didn't think that purchase through.)

I could do a Fiset test, but without the pictures it seemed somewhat halfa$$ed to do start a thread for the test, and I'm lazy so I halfa$$ my halfa$$ing which means I haven't done it yet. I guess I could make more of an effort here if people are actually interested.
    Get someone else's camera. Or steal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    We are.
    Indeed.

Thread Information