Thread: Time to start

Time to start

I've really wanted to do photoshops to cars but i have no idea where to begin. So i thought lets start from the basics, which photoshop system should i get? Keep in mind im a begginer....

The closest thing i've ever done to photoshopping, done with my phone.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by man 430gt; 11-17-2005 at 04:32 AM.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

If I was you I'd start off with something really easy to learn. Jasc's Paint Shop Pro used to be just that, but from about v.8 onwards it became more and more difficult to just install and chop away.
    Next best thing would be to go with "The Gimp". It's Opensource, so it's free and widely available. It's a bit shoddy at places, but I'm pretty sure it can do most things Adobe's Photoshop can do.
    Of course, you can always just go straight for the big-guns and get yourself Photoshop CS2 and Corel's Coreldraw 12 Suite. With these two packages, you're pretty much covered.
    Once you have obtained your Graphical App of choice, best thing is to snoop around on the web for tutorials. They're abundant and mostly free.
    You can also visit www.cardesignnews.com and have a look at their tutorials, but since you're probably more into manipulating existing cars, this may not be the best option.
    Play around a bit and see what you come up with. There's alot of talented boys and girls here who I'm sure will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

So, get yourself a graphical app, start chopping and if/ when you get stuck, just post your work in progress, as well as details of what you are struggling with and you'll probably be helped in next to no time.
    Wife/ Girlfriend/ Mistress: "That's it! I've had it! You have to choose, it's either me or that carsite you visit so much!!!"

UCP Member: "I'm sorry honey... I sure am gonna miss ya."

You make it sound like photoshop is hard to use. I learnt the basics in about 20 minutes and then picked up the rest from tutorials. Only downside is that its not cheap. cough*torrentspy*cough

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    You make it sound like photoshop is hard to use. I learnt the basics in about 20 minutes and then picked up the rest from tutorials. Only downside is that its not cheap. cough*torrentspy*cough
    Hahhaha, the thing is im not sure what program to use?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

If you can get Photoshop, get it.

If I make it sound like Photoshop is hard to use, well, it's because I do find it hard...

I started messing around with CorelDRAW, and I have to say I'm very impressed. I agree with :Exige: though. Get yourself Photoshop, it's the most widely used, it's the most documented and in all likeliness it's the most powerful.
    Wife/ Girlfriend/ Mistress: "That's it! I've had it! You have to choose, it's either me or that carsite you visit so much!!!"

UCP Member: "I'm sorry honey... I sure am gonna miss ya."

Cheers guys, i'll tell you what the result turned out to be......

Thread Information