Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Well I just saw it and man was it great. I opened the thread to see what others opinions were on the film. I thought even though the film was 2 hours and 30 minutes, I was captured throughout the duration of the movie. I'm glad they reverted to traditional batman characteristics. I will definitely be buying this when it comes out.

Yes! I almost started this thread earlier today, I saw it last night at 12:01, it was great, I was tired towards the end but the film never lost my attention. It was amazing! Freaking awesome plot, great acting, I don't know where the next one is going to go, but man I think legitimately Heath Ledger needs to get a nomination for best actor because he was such a crazy physcopath.

I agree, it was an awesome movie. Kind of leavs it open for another movie, maybe.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

loved it. best movie experience i've had in awhile, whole audience was rapt. i think if someone was to start talking during the movi they would have been beaten to a pulp
    joker and two face were very well played.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I Laughed my ass off in parts

"Now watch as this pencil disappears!"

And was truly creeped out. Highly memorable & definately worth the movie ticket. I'll probably be buying the DVD.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Anyone see the memorial for Heath and the stuntman who died?
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

While I thought the movie itself was merely decent, Heath Ledger's performance was awesome. Before seeing the movie I assumed all the Oscar buzz was just because he killed himself, and just a pity vote, but after seeing it, I can see why. The Joker was just too cool. So sadistic and maniacal, awesome.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was brilliant. It's such a shame Heath Ledger died so young.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    While I thought the movie itself was merely decent, Heath Ledger's performance was awesome. Before seeing the movie I assumed all the Oscar buzz was just because he killed himself, and just a pity vote, but after seeing it, I can see why. The Joker was just too cool. So sadistic and maniacal, awesome.
    Pretty sure that the final conclusion was an accidental overdose, not suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Pretty sure that the final conclusion was an accidental overdose, not suicide.
    Either way, after watching it, if he wins awards for it I'll know it's not solely because he is dead.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Movie was phucking epic.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

The movie already sold $66.4 million and the weekend is nowhere near to be over... They broke the 1-day record set by Spiderman 3 and are going after the weekend record which is about 150 million (also by Spiderman 3).

I'll be going tonight to watch it.

im going at 10:15 tonight. i think ill need to be there at like 7 thought lol

It also broke the record for most money from a midnight screening which is now 18.5 million. The movie took the record from Star Wars Episode III, the previous record being 16.5 million. In addition, it took the record for the most screenings which is now 4366 as opposed to Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 4362. I'm pretty sure it will beat Spider Man 3's record. I for one will be going again this weekend, even my parents want to see it. I'm sure as hell not complaining.

Kinda random but- I went and saw this at 4:40, theater was about half empty and there was no line or wait to get in (on friday) when the movie ended there was a HUGE line to get in the theater I just left, HUGE line at the ticket taker stand, HUGE line at the box office. So... go in the afternoon is the moral of the story.

Thread Information