Thread: What has happened to my rep ?

What has happened to my rep ?

I have just noticed that somehow my rep has gone from +2 when i got to my 1000 posts and 20 rep points, but now as soon as i reached 50 rep points i am only allowed to give out +1 what has happened, does anyone know if this has happened before ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I received rep the other day from a person who's allowed to give 2 and I only got 1.. Then I received from a person who can give 4 and I got 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I received rep the other day from a person who's allowed to give 2 and I only got 1.. Then I received from a person who can give 4 and I got 3.

dam what is happening could it be that there is a fault on UCP that is making the rep system not work rite ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Some members can give 3+ points but they say (and it's true) that some posts deserve maybe a +1 or +2 but not a +4 or even more... It's been an issue lately and it has been discussed, maybe Wouter changed a little bit the system. I'll just wait for his answer or a moderator's.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Some members can give 3+ points but they say (and it's true) that some posts deserve maybe a +1 or +2 but not a +4 or even more... It's been an issue lately and it has been discussed, maybe Wouter changed a little bit the system. I'll just wait for his answer or a moderator's.

yeah i think that is the best idea let wouter explain it to us unless Peter knows the answer?

Wouter 'adjusted' rep weightings.
    from thread in website discussion .......

I have made a couple of changes to the rating system:

Minimum post count to rate: 100
    Minimum reputation to rate: 25
    Reputation power:
    Default reputation power: 1
    For every 5000 posts: 1
    For every 100 reputation points: 1
    For every membership year: 1

This brings fpv's rating number down to 3 and Matra's to 2.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Awesome, this way is much better.

Sorry I didn't read that post by Wouter before.

Thanks Peter.

it still needs to be changed so a member who can give 4 rep can either give 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 as he/she so chooses to give. Doesn't that make more sense to any one other than me????
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

well, it depends on opinions and is debatable. the final decision is up to wouter although we other members may always give our opinions. imo, rep is rep, doesn't matter to much. it's how you contribute to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Wouter 'adjusted' rep weightings.
    from thread in website discussion .......

I have made a couple of changes to the rating system:

Minimum post count to rate: 100
    Minimum reputation to rate: 25
    Reputation power:
    Default reputation power: 1
    For every 5000 posts: 1
    For every 100 reputation points: 1
    For every membership year: 1

This brings fpv's rating number down to 3 and Matra's to 2.
    dont you think that you are going a bit steep with the 5000 posts thing, not many people will reach that

thanks for clearing that up
    Last edited by mustang123; 06-16-2004 at 04:49 AM.

I got a question I show someone giving me a rep but it didnt change my total?? when I go to user CP it shows that it was added but no extra points!!! Does anyone know why?? and the little green light next to it is out or not green like the others!

thats because the rep was given to you by someone that is under 20 rep. They dont "count" until they are given by those with 20+ rep.
    "to deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human." mouse in the matrix

"have you ever been draged to the sidewalk and beaten unitil you PISS..BLOOD!!"-cage in matchstick men

HARRY--Wait a second, are you telling me you sold my dead bird to a blind kid?
    LLOYD--Well who else was I gonna sell it to?
    HARRY--But Lloyd, Petey didn't even have a head.
    LLOYD--Harry, I took care of it.-Dumb and Dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange
    thats because the rep was given to you by someone that is under 20 rep. They dont "count" until they are given by those with 20+ rep.
    25 now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

oh man, and i was SOOOOOO close to makin it to 20! now, i gotta earn another 7. oh well, a couple more months i'm sure
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    25 now
    oh, yeah i forgot, that is a little more reasonable
    "to deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human." mouse in the matrix

"have you ever been draged to the sidewalk and beaten unitil you PISS..BLOOD!!"-cage in matchstick men

HARRY--Wait a second, are you telling me you sold my dead bird to a blind kid?
    LLOYD--Well who else was I gonna sell it to?
    HARRY--But Lloyd, Petey didn't even have a head.
    LLOYD--Harry, I took care of it.-Dumb and Dumber

Thread Information