Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whats wrong with street racing?

Whats wrong with street racing? There are very few deaths that come from it. Most of the roads that the real street races take place on are prepped as well or better then tracks. So Im wondering whats wrong with it? Im not saying that its right but it happens I dont approve of it or disaprove of it.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-15-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

There are no streets that are "prepped" as well as tracks, you don't have onsite emergency crews, no corner workers, and you don't put innocent people at risk at tracks. I don't really see why people can't just bring thier car to the track and go all out instead of doing it on the streets where you can risk hurting innocent people.

1. It's illegal
    2. It's dangerous
    3. It's stupid, and where there's something stupid, there's stupid ricers claiming that their civic can smoke that enzo cause it got NOS
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

A) It's very reckless
    B) You endanger yourself, your passengeres and everyone else on the street
    C) You put property such as your car and others at risk
    D) It's illegal

If you are going to race, do it at a track day please. And if you do crash, please kill yourself only and don't harm anyone else because you were dumb enough to do it in the first place.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    And if you do crash, please kill yourself only and don't harm anyone else because you were dumb enough to do it in the first place.
    Even if nobody gets hurt, it would still cause some traffic jams, plus it would disturb the police's coffee break.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    In 2004 there was only 60 some deaths related to street racing. The pavement itself is prepped as well as tracks. Im all for the track but people act like its so stupid to go at it on the street.
    How many people died on a track in 2004?
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    There are no streets that are "prepped" as well as tracks, you don't have onsite emergency crews, no corner workers, and you don't put innocent people at risk at tracks. I don't really see why people can't just bring thier car to the track and go all out instead of doing it on the streets where you can risk hurting innocent people.
    In 2004 there was only 60 some deaths related to street racing. The pavement itself is prepped as well as tracks. Im all for the track but people act like its so stupid to go at it on the street.

Heres a video of a well put together street race. all the traffic was blocked off by semi trucks as you can see. What part of that isnt safe? No traffic no nothing.
    http://www.titsup.mike1023.com/video...y_vs_supra.wmv

Have you ever seen a real street race most of the races take place at like 3am. I forgot that everyone on UCP has never done anything illegal. You take a risk going out to get your mail.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    A) It's very reckless
    B) You endanger yourself, your passengeres and everyone else on the street
    C) You put property such as your car and others at risk
    D) It's illegal

If you are going to race, do it at a track day please. And if you do crash, please kill yourself only and don't harm anyone else because you were dumb enough to do it in the first place.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-15-2006 at 03:14 PM.

Heres a video of a well put together street race. all the traffic was blocked off by semi trucks as you can see. What part of that isnt safe? No traffic no nothing.
    http://www.titsup.mike1023.com/video...y_vs_supra.wmv

Have you ever seen a real street race most of the races take place at like 3am. I forgot that everyone on UCP has never done anything illegal. You take a risk going out to get your mail.
    60 deaths? Where? New York? Or in the area where you live?

Usually street races are impromptu and happen at stoplights. I don't think the average street racer cares about safety. For the amount of coordination a "well put together street race" requires, you might as well go to a track and save yourself some stress.

And your link doesn't work.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 09-15-2006 at 03:33 PM.

In 2004 there was only 60 some deaths related to street racing.
    ONLY?!?! Christ all-f**king-mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    ONLY?!?! Christ all-f**king-mighty.
    Well compared to many other things its not that bad. As I said in one thread on SVTP people posted a link where more people died from 5 gallon buckets falling on them.

Well compared to many other things its not that bad. As I said in one thread on SVTP people posted a link where more people died from 5 gallon buckets falling on them.
    And that justifies the deaths of 60 people because?

No matter how many people have died due to other things, there is NO justification for allowing deaths that can be prevented. If street racing were to stop, that would be 60 people who still have their lives.

How often do you hang 5 gallon buckets where many people walk?

And besides, where are you getting these numbers? Have you researched how many people die in the world from street racing? Have you seen the statistics concerning just the accidents? Forget about the street racing. They're not pretty.

Just from that, how is it possible that only 60 people died?

I missed this part of this post. I've done street racing and realized that it's stupid. I would rather be on a track where I can go wild without having to worry about things.

In 2004 there was only 60 some deaths related to street racing.
    go tell that to the parents of the fallen people(some probably innocent), might need to have some protection.

street racing is just a tad safer than drunk driving, but both mostly end up in.......death of people, or its like smoking, you pay to get yourself killed(in this case, bets and stuff like that).
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    go tell that to the parents of the fallen people(some probably innocent), might need to have some protection.

street racing is just a tad safer than drunk driving, but both mostly end up in.......death of people, or its like smoking, you pay to get yourself killed(in this case, bets and stuff like that).
    You obvesely havent seen a real street race. Even the ones done in traffic are from a 40 roll and they let out way before the get to the cars in front of them. I dont exactly get how that isnt that safe? I know there traveling at a high rate of speed but ohnestly its not that bad just a random burst of accerlation.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

I can understand 100% how much fun it may be.I know one person who enjoys street racing too,but he knows where to stop. If he sees a blind intersection he slams the brakes even if it's empty. If he gets over xx speed he brakes. He doesnt care if he loses,he wants to have fun,but SAFELY. That is IMHO the way it should go.
    Thats what Im talking about if you use restraint you will be alright in most cases.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-16-2006 at 08:02 AM.

You obvesely havent seen a real street race. Even the ones done in traffic are from a 40 roll and they let out way before the get to the cars in front of them. I dont exactly get how that isnt that safe? I know there traveling at a high rate of speed but ohnestly its not that bad just a random burst of accerlation.
    IT'S ON PUBLIC STREETS, THATS ILLEGAL! AND YOU CAN'T GARAUNTEE NO ONE WILL GET KILLED OR THAT THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!!! IF IT'S ON THE STREET ITS WRONG, THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT.

It comes down to, its illegal and if you want to get into a debate over why its illegal or why we even have laws go ahead. Oh and people who street race are a big factor in why insurance is so f*cking high!!!

Thread Information