Thread: What happened to Shorey.net?

What happened to Shorey.net?

Does anybody know why Brian Shorey's website does not work for quite a long time already? It gives a strange response every time - not that it doesn't exist (no '404' or something), but the page just doesn't load for a very-very long time. Pity it is lost, cause there were many valuable pictures which I didn't save unfortunately - I have delayed that several times...

It must be something with your computer, because I just went to the website to check and I had no problems with it. Good luck.

I've tried from two computers... well, thanks! Will try to figure out what the problem is..

It was just a matter of browser

I tried, and I have an incredibly shitty internet connection, and it took about 30sec - 1min to load.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Yes, the speed there is very low, but still incomparable to what it was using Google Chrome. Don't know why it didn't want to work with that page.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Does anybody know why Brian Shorey's website does not work for quite a long time already? It gives a strange response every time - not that it doesn't exist (no '404' or something), but the page just doesn't load for a very-very long time. Pity it is lost, cause there were many valuable pictures which I didn't save unfortunately - I have delayed that several times...
    If you can't get there by regular means to retrieve the photos you want try installing "Flashget" download manager and use its site explorer feature. I just tried it here and access was no problem. (Be known tho i run 10mb broadband so that might be a factor) Hope this helps.

does it still get updated with new pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Hey All,

Brian Shorey here (aka bs). Stumbled across this site and this conversation.

I'm kind of flattered that anybody even bothers to look at my site. I am still gathering pictures, but don't have a great way to keep track of what's new. I've also slowed down a bit, a lot of what's up there I was pulling off newsgroups 10-15 years ago, just wanted to capture it somewhere before they went away.

The site was (and it) kind of an experiment, it's hosted on a server inside my home, which gives me pretty much unlimited space, but puts me at the mercy of the service provider. I updated my service, and updated the server, and I've had nothing but problems since. I think it's a combination of the new server and some config issue in the new version of Apache I started using at the same time, but I'm not enough of an Apache weenie to figure it out.

Anyhow, glad to hear people are making use of what's up there, I'll keep plugging along trying to make it more usable.

Cheers,

bs

Brian, once again I'm glad to see your site alive I can understand your will to capture those great pictures. So many times I have found something interesting and then lost it for a long time or forever...
    And welcome!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I tried, and I have an incredibly shitty internet connection, and it took about 30sec - 1min to load.
    same here.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information