Thread: 2011 Concorso d'Eleganza Villa report and gallery ...

2011 Concorso d'Eleganza Villa report and gallery ...

A month later than usual, the majestic Villa d'Este hotel on the shores of Lake Como hosted its annual Concorso d'Eleganza this weekend. Considered one of the finest motoring events on the calendar 'Villa d'Este' each year attracts around fifty of the finest classic cars as well as a selection of modern show cars and prototypes. As has become traditional, the show featured several world debuts. This year the Ferrari Superamerica 45, the Aston Martin V12 Zagato Coupe and BMW 328 Hommage were first shown at Villa d'Este. A new part of the program was the first ever auction organised in conjunction with Villa d'Este. Held by RM Auctions, it is planned to be a bi-annual sale, alternating with the company's Monaco auction. Highlights of the inaugural event were a selection of six legendary Bertone show cars as well as several notable machines from the likes of Ferrari, Talbot Lago and Bugatti. The weekend's main attraction of course remained the Concorso d'Eleganza on Saturday, which this year had a strong focus on the 1960s, inspired by the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-Type. Described by many as one of the strongest field yet, the Concorso featured a wide variety machines ranging from a Teardrop Talbot to a Jaguar XKSS and the Ford GT40 that placed third at Le Mans in 1966.
    As always we made our way to one of Italy's most scenic places to capture the event in its entirety. The result of our labour is this detailed, class by class report, illustrated by no fewer than three galleries with a total of 260 mouthwatering pictures.
    In the coming days and weeks you can of course expect detailed features on the finest cars that made it to Villa d'Este this year.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este - Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I came back for this, haha. You guys never disappoint, awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN View Post
    I came back for this, haha. You guys never disappoint, awesome job!
    lesson one: don't leave
    and your avatar won best of show...how fitting.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    lesson one: don't leave
    and your avatar won best of show...how fitting.
    Haha, fair enough
    And yeah, just found about that. Completely deserved it I'm sure.

Wonderful coverage, stunning photos of some of the automotive world's most extraordinary creations...
    a very welcome vicarious trip to Villa d'Este. Thanks Wouter, this is why I support this site.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

It looks like an original Madrid number plate on Chapron's SM. Any further info about the car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It looks like an original Madrid number plate on Chapron's SM. Any further info about the car?
    yes, it was a showcar in a Madrid motorshow.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

RM Auction

Nice photos guys. Thank you. I would like to ask you if you can upload more photos from rm auction. Last time to see bertone concept cars together. I dont understand why they sell those cars. This cars are like mona lisa image. Mona lisa is in museum and those cars are not for private poeple but they must go to museum.

Thread Information