Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Park Crash Pics

Yeah you're probably right, but I just think Markko looks really exposed in the 307CC compared to the Mikko in the scooby. Notice Mikko is behind the pillar in the scooby, whilst in the 307CC the pillar is miles behind the driver. The shorter cross bars in the scooby will MUCH stiffer too, but you're right in saying that not much is going to stop a tree at 80. I'd prefer to experience it in a scooby though! I race in the BRSCC fiesta championship, how about you?

RIP BEEF, looks like a massive impact, at least he went with a smile on his face doing something he loved, he was on the top of the sport and worked real hard to get there, for 99.9% of us its a dream, he got there, total respect for that..... If markko leaves the sport it would be a great loss for rallying but who could blame him, ( do u think that would be wot BEEF wanted "NO" ) Stay around markko.......

My comment yesterday about the cage designer was perhaps a bit flippant and I appologise for that, I'm just upset about it.

I know it doesn't really matter about technical details for Parks now, but I think the FIA need to be taking action. Should the 307CC be allowed to run in the next rally? What's everybody's opinion on that?

I also don't like the current "there's nothing you can do about it" attitude. Remember in F1 when Ralf crashed at Monaco and the wishbone pierced the monocoque and cut his leg. They made that part of the car 4 times stronger afterwards!!!!! There are things that can be done, and David Lapworth seems to be pushing this at the moment - for that he should be supported!

I found a website yesterday which was bascially an online book of condolence for Parks. Each page had about 10 entries and there were 44 pages already!!!!! I think it's safe to say he was well liked!

Have a good day everybody, here's hoping for a safer future for rallying!

Well, in all honesty if you look at the pics of the CC and the Subaru the position of the vertical bar in the cage vis-a-vis the shoulder is complete different. In the CC this bar is way behind the driver, while in the Subaru the driver is setting almost next to it. Whether that makes a difference on impact I would not dare to say, but I would not be surprised if we see a new cage design in the CC pretty soon.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Remeber the roof structure is there too.

But no matter WHAT is decided you cannot survive coming from 80mph to rest in 2 inches !!!

Look at what they do to "protect" a top fuel drag racer. You could not do that in rallying as one it woudl kill eveything but the very top of the sport and it woudl make it MORE dangerous - as the HANS has in part - as the driver loses soem flexibility - rally cars spend more time going sideways and a lot of the time will need to reverse.
    Rally stages cannot be marhslled to the same degree as a track and so it is important that drivers and navs are able to get out of the car unaided and relatively quickly.

Yes it's a terrible loss but it IS a dangerous sport and the death rate is exceptionally low and the risks ARE well known in the industry.

For sure improvements shodul be looked at, but I 100% believe that nothing would have saved life in a case like this. That's the drawbakc of takign part in "dangerous sports" and part of teh buzz that makes it a driver challenge and containst the speeds. I'd hate to see the "volvo effect" taking hold
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    There will be a few more pics in a min...

markko was just sat behind the car weaping whilst he medics were trying to help "beef"
    Can i ask where you got these? They are shots from WRC camerasof Duval and Rovanpers right? Thought these were resticted access etc..? If you have a way to view any wrc tv videos, i'd like to know how as i've always wanted to be able to look at in car videos. Thanks/

gotta say i think its valid of mustang to put up the pics as soon as he had them,i was at the rally from the start and felt lost when such a great weekend ended in such a sad way,driving home from wales not knowing what happened only added to this,so when i saw the pics and the angle the car had hit at,its frightening!
    so so sad
    RIP micheal park.....
    keep going markko martin in his honour

FMC, the videos are hosted all over the internet, try that british rally stie i sent you..

Rough cut where are you from ? and markko is not competing in wrc japan, im guessing he wont really do much for the rest of the year, i think didier Auriol is replacing him for the time being
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

[QUOTE=Mustang]FMC, the videos are hosted all over the internet, try that british rally stie i sent you..

Rough cut where are you from ?
    bristol mate
    carllson's the replacement driver and auriol (im a lancia nut so good to see him back) is piloting a 307 privately on the tour de course...but you probably knew that by now folks
    got some great shots from the first two days of rally gb (galli was flying) and when i get my head round to it i will post em up for you all.
    once again RIP micheal park

guys any news on the post mortem?
    how did Beef actually die?

Guest Guest
    in the crash

was it a neck injury?

your an idiot

he went from 80mph to 0mph in about 2 inches, his insides would of been mush and prob broken alot of bones
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

wasnt markko in the same car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomwheeler
    wasnt markko in the same car?
    I wish you was.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Thread Information