Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lexmark Indy 300 Surfers Paradise.

I don’t see anything so suspect about those penalties. Other drivers were given the same treatment to breaking the same rules.

James Courtney had 31 seconds added to his race 1 time just like Craig Lowndes did for warming tires.

In Race 1 Mark Skaife was given a drive-through penalty for short-cutting the Turn 7 chicane. The same was given to Craig Lowndes in Race 3 for short-cutting the Turn 1 chicane.
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

I reckon its about time those idiots gave themselves $10000 fines for bringing the sport into disrepute. Officialdom in V8 Supercar is overful of absolute wankers and ****wits. If Lowndes gets done for saying what he said I'll empty my wallet and chip into the fine. Not that that will be much cash mind...
    Actually, If that happens, the whole sport of V8 Supercars can get ****ed. I'll watch the Porsches.
    Its not so much the penalty about the chicane cut anymore Peter, its the fact that that the incompetant asses in control of the series are afraid of constructive critisism from the drivers, crew and fans.
    About the chicane, as far as I was aware, if you were forced to cut any of them, you were to come to a complete stop and then drive away. Thats how worked last year. The kid knew the rule. He did break it. But he should be allowed to be shitty at the idiots in charge.
    Last edited by Daz27; 10-26-2006 at 06:25 PM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

"V8 Supercars, Australia's attempt at NASCAR."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter PaP
    I don’t see anything so suspect about those penalties. Other drivers were given the same treatment to breaking the same rules.

James Courtney had 31 seconds added to his race 1 time just like Craig Lowndes did for warming tires.

Im not sure about the specifics with Courtney, but as i said 888 are claiming Lowndes was doing at least 42km/h when he spun the tyres, which was also under half a second according to them. The rules say they cant stop and do practise starts. A bit of wheelspin at 42km/h isnt stopping to do a burnout.

In Race 1 Mark Skaife was given a drive-through penalty for short-cutting the Turn 7 chicane. The same was given to Craig Lowndes in Race 3 for short-cutting the Turn 1 chicane.
    Lowndes was told he had to readress the position with Ingall to avoid a penalty, and despite doing that was still handed one. Obviously race control will say he didnt do it quick enough, but considering Lowndes was the one being overtaking, then being pushed wide by Ingall you cant expect him to roll over and give the position to Ingall. As also said, they took 12 hours to get him for the R1 start, but 45 seconds for this.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    "V8 Supercars, Australia's attempt at NASCAR."

It's looking like that yeah

I sent a nasty email to Cocho and his tools, I feel better now. They better fix this crap up or they are going to gut their fan base, purely because they are making the end of season results look contrived. We dont like our 'sports' to look rigged. Unfortunately, it appears that this branch of motorsport is.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

So Lowndes got done also for warming the tyres, for f#ck sake thats what the warm up lap is for, the best way to get heat in the driving tyres is to spin them. Thank god for local state rounds, none of the crap there. Hopefully Lowndes will still get the championship, although the way its looking Lowndes may have to tow a trailer for the last rounds

Daz wrote

Morris said last year that Gurr would never get a V8 drive again... Longhurst didnt punch him hard enough in my opinion.
    Yeah, should have king hit him, maybe his old man will go broke and sell the race team. Pretty sure he wouldnt get a paid drive then.

Daz state round this weekend Sat 28th, if you can come out for a look , its a twilight meet(racing starts after lunch), which is always good. We have both cars running, hopefully no DNF's
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

The problem they have with spinning the wheels is doing it after the final turn, where all the officials are to line the cars are. Still, the rules dont say half second bits of wheelspin at 42km/h are illegal.
    I am the Stig

Yeah the devil is in the details of the rules hey. Whats the actual rule that he violated? And what do u mean officials line the cars up on the grid haha, I thought they used the pretty chicks... Mebbe Lowndesy likes showen off his car to the chicks like the rest of us.
    Charged matey I'll be there if my pay comes in overnight. Probably not till about 4pm though. Am lookin forward to seein you guys in action and maybe a beer or two afterwards.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Pretty sure its rule D8.1.9
    I am the Stig

Thread Information