• 4GB Flash

4 25.00%
  • 30GB HDD

9 56.25%
  • 512MB Phone

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To "pod" or not to "pod"?

There is a difference between the iPod sound quality not being good and the headphone quality not being good. Indeed, the iPod headphones and pure garbage but the iPod itself outputs excellent sound quality, surpassing any Creative mp3 player. Only iRiver could rival the iPod in terms of sound quality.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    There is a difference between the iPod sound quality not being good and the headphone quality not being good. Indeed, the iPod headphones and pure garbage but the iPod itself outputs excellent sound quality, surpassing any Creative mp3 player. Only iRiver could rival the iPod in terms of sound quality.
    since when? i have tested it with my own (because i know that most oem headphones suck) sonys and my zen sounded that bit better

EDIT - Same songs, but mine was a 1000 kbps wma rip from a cd which was converted by dBpowerAmp to 192 (max my Zen Touch could handle) WMA, and theres was probably some radio rip, so that could be it, but i always remember all the reviews (except the PC Gamer one, who slated the over sensitive touch pad, which is annoying, but i can live with it, and the Zen Sleek one is MUCH better) saying it was great in all departments (esp sound quality), except its a bit big
    Last edited by Jakg; 09-01-2006 at 02:14 PM.

iPod ftw.

Says the Maccie sitting here in the 'special' corner.

Well...like I've said, I have an iRiver H10 and the Nano and I can honestly say that the Nano has better sound (using the iRiver headphones). The EQ on the Nano is not as great and in the H10, you can make a custom EQ but other than that, the Nano is the perfect mp3 player, if you can find at a lower price.

I know someone who has one of those Creative Zen Minis...not impressed by it at all...like you've said...the controls are just horrible and would take a long time to get used to and it's not even that attractive...(for the ladies... )
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    iPods are for tools.
    Nice one, tough guy.

The phone/player combo is still not very well sorted out in any phone currently available. Sound quality is horrible in some, and battery life is shameless in others.

If you NEED to carry 30GB of music with you every day you qualify as insane in my book.

ANd so we are left with the first option. I have an iPod nano (2GB) and the battery life is not as bad as people think. I charge it every 3 days or so. Batery life was a problem with first generation ipods, not anymore. Itunes is really handy to sort out your music and make playlists. It looks very stylish, the screen is good and it is ridiculously small.Thats the good. Now for the bad. Do get a warranty on top of the initial one year provided by apple. They are very fragile and WILL break eventually.Headphones are crap as well, not only are they white and get dirty, but they sound like crap.

The Samsung Is a very nice player, does evrything the Ipod does (and somethings better), but is slightly bigger. I would not recomend this player though, since I have had 2 friends with samsung players that have all been utter crap when it comes to reliability ( one had like a 1/3 of the pixels on the screen burnt after 4 -5 mnths, the other had a few buttons stop working).

My advice? to Pod...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I have a 30GB ipod and I dropped it on a brick in front of my house. It landed on the metal part in the back and dented it. I was just happy that it didn't land on the front side and break the screen. My ipod still works fine, but the headphones are worthless. My right one broke, the metal part on the headphone broke and I looked on-line for a replacement and those things cost on average 40 dollars. I used super glue in an old toolbox and fixed it. Cost me only 10 minutes of my time and the phones worked fine.
    I'm a real boy!

Get a 30gb Creative Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    (it broke once - it completely locked, and it wouldnt turn off, i had to wait for the battery to drain, which was a fair old time!)
    Why didn't you just press the reset button?
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Why didn't you just press the reset button?
    it COMPLETELY locked - the reset button didn't work, although i spent so long looking through the creative forum the battery died and it finally turned off

I use a 30Gb iPod Video. I've had nothing but good news with it from day 1. People who complain about iPods aren't using theres properly.

I also have a Sony Ericsson V630i mobile. 256mb card (easily expandable) and great sound quality.

If your after portability, get the all -in- one device. if your after sound quality, it's better to get the dedicated devices.

Nothing you probably haven't already heard, but hey, it works.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information