Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson explains some differences between the USA and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    You know what's really funny? Jeremy Clarkson would be speaking German if it wasn't for America. THAT'S F#$KING HILARIOUS!
    Cue Fleet500 and Matra.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Cue Fleet500 and Matra.
    Perhaps a simple link to the pages of prior discussion on this will do.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

You know what's really funny? Jeremy Clarkson would be speaking German if it wasn't for America. THAT'S F#$KING HILARIOUS!
    yeah and you'd be speaking sequoia.
    Learn some historical FACTS before sounding off like a redneck

Richard Cranium ... please leave the building !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yeah and you'd be speaking sequoia.
    Learn some historical FACTS before sounding off like a redneck

Richard Cranium ... please leave the building !!!!

Interesting maybe you could enlighten me on how I would be speaking Sequoia? Please show me those Historical Facts. Maybe you had better trace my bloodline?
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Interesting maybe you could enlighten me on how I would be speaking Sequoia? Please show me those Historical Facts. Maybe you had better trace my bloodline?
    I thought you were state-side - SEE another example of why you shodul put location in profile. If that assumption is in error then it was an erroneous suggestion but all your fault (put location in)

You're confusing bloodline and national language. They're not directly correlated

Without "Americans" then the native language in your area may be Sequoia's Cherokee language as his was the first attempted syllabory of a native indian language. Or one of the thousands of other languages in use before English/French/Spanish speakers invaded. Not really relevant or anything to be proud of, so perhaps enough to intellectually enlighten you to the stupidity of the JC comment !!!!

Has that helped see the stupidity of the JC/German comment. We dont' need to go over thi s again, it's already been covered upteen times with patriots blind to world events
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

hmmm, strange, the pom's managed to beat back the germans in the battle of britain pretty well, and i seem to remember that the russians ended up repelling the germans quite well on their own as well

I agree, that did make me chuckle. What language do you speak?
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

Guest Guest
    redneck me thinks...

I thought you were state-side - SEE another example of why you shodul put location in profile. If that assumption is in error then it was an erroneous suggestion but all your fault (put location in)

You're confusing bloodline and national language. They're not directly correlated

Without "Americans" then the native language in your area may be Sequoia's Cherokee language as his was the first attempted syllabory of a native indian language. Or one of the thousands of other languages in use before English/French/Spanish speakers invaded. Not really relevant or anything to be proud of, so perhaps enough to intellectually enlighten you to the stupidity of the JC comment !!!!

Has that helped see the stupidity of the JC/German comment. We dont' need to go over thi s again, it's already been covered upteen times with patriots blind to world events

Without Americans is right as it has nothing to do with the UK. And I am not Indian so why the hell would I speak sequoia. Americans came from various places. I am Irish-American. Please tell me what language I should be speaking without the UK's help you historian you.

The truth of the matter is this: When America joined World War II Winston Churchill opened a bottle of wine and said the war was won. Because he knew America's would change dynamics of the war. As they did.

Most people seem to forget the USA's help on many political fronts not only then but now. It's probably easier to bash them and call anyone defending them redneck.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

I think it would be more properly put this way, If not for the english id be speaking spanish right now. But then again i may not even be in this country or alive for that matter to speak a language.

And as far as WWII goes, i think it is still plausable that the russian's would have done what they did even if the US never entered the war. It would be hard to say, but the germans were stretched pretty thin before the US came in. The thing w/ the US is, that w/o them the japanese may have been able to take over war torn europe.
    Last edited by scottie300z; 10-18-2005 at 02:22 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Without Americans is right as it has nothing to do with the UK. And I am not Indian so why the hell would I speak sequoia. Americans came from various places. I am Irish-American. Please tell me what language I should be speaking without the UK's help you historian you.
    Sorry e93v, I was clearly being too obtuse.
    Sorry if this will sound school-mam'ish but I need to go through it simply then.
    You speak English in an English nation which is resident on ancient lands previously populated by 'native american' tribes.
    Without ENGLAND ( and France and Spain ) then as a resident on that land TODAY you would be living in a 'native American' nation which would undoubtedly speak the language of the forefathers. I picked Cherokee assuming it would be the first one written - which was done by chief Sequioa.
    Now at the moment you're thinking that's stupid because of all the other factors involved. NOW you are getting why it was made in reply to your comment about JC speaking German !!!!
    Do we have it now ????
    The truth of the matter is this: When America joined World War II Winston Churchill opened a bottle of wine and said the war was won. Because he knew America's would change dynamics of the war. As they did.
    First Churchill was a great user of the media. Everything he said in public was said for a reason. Everything he did in public was done for a reason. Reading the numerous biographies on hi are quite eye-opening. He was a very astute thinker.
    America needed to hear that as they had many in congress and senate who at the time STILL did not think America should be fighting in Europe. Taking the thanks he conveyed as only having one meaning is forgetting all the OTHER nations who worked together to "win the war".
    What America DID bring when it finally entered the war was the safe and untouched manufacturing capability. Something destroyed in Europe after 3 years of war. Britain had no more money to be able to afford the shackles of the lend-lease plan and continued operation of it was guaranteed to destroy the British economy. Even still Britain never got rid if rationing until the 1950s because of those measures and the worse "loans" provided !!
    Most people seem to forget the USA's help on many political fronts not only then but now. It's probably easier to bash them and call anyone defending them redneck.
    No, what happens is "rednecks" often make it all simple thinking that's the truth.
    Forgetting the efforts and actions and commitment of all others involved.
    These are then pointed out.
    Usually it descends into silence once the facts are made public that American published history forgets.

Remember that Churchill had spent the year before PLEADING with America to assist in pushing back the Nazi advance. Perhaps if they'd stepped up to the mark then millions of jews would have been spared and the Japanese empire would not have felt they could match Hitlers successes ? Speculation as are all what-ifs, but as valid as any other - like what would have happened if the US hadn't entered.

Another good one is what woudl have happened if America then didn't apply draconian interest on all other war and food requirements. It ensured the destruction of the Britsih Empire, which many in American politics wished for.

What is pretty clear is that no America would NOT have entailed the surrender of the total British Isles. THAT fantasy forgets the geography of the nation

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    The thing w/ the US is, that w/o them the japanese may have been able to take over war torn europe.
    Interesting S.
    Never heard that suggested before.
    How would Japan control an empire with no defensible supply or control routes ?
    Has any serious historian writen anythgin on that idea, I'd like to see their treatise on it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I can't be arsed to take time out of my busy schedule to make remark to your points.

I'm sorry if you've been brooding over this for the last 2 weeks...
    oh well sorry mr. important guy with busy schedule

no need to be sry i just looked at my old posts and found this
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    oh well sorry mr. important guy with busy schedule
    Well that's a bit of a silly thing to say, isn't it?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Interesting S.
    Never heard that suggested before.
    How would Japan control an empire with no defensible supply or control routes ?
    Has any serious historian writen anythgin on that idea, I'd like to see their treatise on it ??
    I have no idea myself. just sorta wrote that then when thinking about what could have happened. they could have done it the same way as the germans i guess, go through each country using their resources against the next country. And with all the other country's beaten down so much it wouldnt be too hard. and when they got to germany or any axis favoring countries they could revive their war machine.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information