Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edo Competition Ferrari FXX Street Legal

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Strange.. What does Ferarri feel about the FXX being made road legal? They have some sort of deal?
    I doubt they are very happy about it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    The FXX is a prime case of form following function... Then Enzo was a compromise between form and function. The FXX is all form... and that form, is to go fast around a track.
    I'm pretty sure Nopassn means function
    Oh, and the FXX > Enzo in the aesthetical department.

i wonder if they made any modification to the engine.

Does anyone have any idea what figures this car acheives ?

Here is some talk about engine modifications up to 880 hp:

Edo Competition modifies the Ferrari FXX to be street-legal - [Ferrari FXX supercar] - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

But official Edo press release tells that only exhaust was modified, and the numbers are as they was from the begining (over 800 hp, 679 Nm, top speed well over 350 km/h)...

the red plate means that the car is still waiting for the green light, so right now it isn0t really street "legal". something similar happened to a MC12 Versione Corsa which appeared to 200 Villa d'Este with a regular German plate, but lately it came out that the car wasn't really homologated and the owner, a German ex DTM driver, got his "deserved" fine.

speaking about the car, I always thought an old F1 was something better and even more special than the FXX, but without considering being involved in the development program. making this road legal is nothing really interesting.
    if a lot of people considered the Caparo T1 a non-sense, what about this? it also lacks the racing heritage of a McLaren F1 GTR. I'm not sure if I would consider this and not another car of the same level, but if the owner is fine, fair enough.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the red plate means that the car is still waiting for the green light, so right now it isn0t really street "legal". something similar happened to a MC12 Versione Corsa which appeared to 200 Villa d'Este with a regular German plate, but lately it came out that the car wasn't really homologated and the owner, a German ex DTM driver, got his "deserved" fine.

speaking about the car, I always thought an old F1 was something better and even more special than the FXX, but without considering being involved in the development program. making this road legal is nothing really interesting.
    if a lot of people considered the Caparo T1 a non-sense, what about this? it also lacks the racing heritage of a McLaren F1 GTR. I'm not sure if I would consider this and not another car of the same level, but if the owner is fine, fair enough.
    The answer to your questions with reasoning is, 'why not?'

If I was worth billions of dollars.. or millions, same thing, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Like Badda said, picture driving up in one of these to a fast food drivethrough at 3 a.m. to the shock of the workers. Her not being able to hear the order over the sound of the exhaust would be lulz too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    The answer to your questions with reasoning is, 'why not?'

If I was worth billions of dollars.. or millions, same thing, I would buy this in a heartbeat. Like Badda said, picture driving up in one of these to a fast food drivethrough at 3 a.m. to the shock of the workers. Her not being able to hear the order over the sound of the exhaust would be lulz too.
    the idea is funny, but I would consider something more sophisticate, maybe an old Jag C-Type

What racing heritage are you talking about? The T1?

How can this possibly be street legal...?

And I thought the FXX was factory supported/semi-owned by the factory. Does this break the agreement?

...if a lot of people considered the Caparo T1 a non-sense, what about this?
    it (the road legal FXX) also lacks the racing heritage of a McLaren F1 GTR...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What racing heritage are you talking about? The T1?
    I was considering those GTR converted for road use, not the T1 of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    And I thought the FXX was factory supported/semi-owned by the factory. Does this break the agreement?
    AFAIK the car was just factory-supported until the developing program ended a while ago, a part for those who purchased the Evolution package.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Would be a blast to take this thing through a TB drive through at 3am.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "Villeneuve did not race to finish, he did not race for points. He raced to win. Although small in his stature, he was a giant."

-Juan Manuel Fanio on Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Strange.. What does Ferarri feel about the FXX being made road legal? They have some sort of deal?
    I was under similar impressions Ferrari had control of all FXXs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I doubt they are very happy about it.
    Sounds about right then considering Ferrari seem to take a disliking to anything being added on to their "perfect" cars.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 10-24-2008 at 07:58 AM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I was considering those GTR converted for road use, not the T1 of course.

AFAIK the car was just factory-supported until the developing program ended a while ago, a part for those who purchased the Evolution package.
    I promise you whoever did this to the car will not get another supercar from Ferrari again.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I promise you whoever did this to the car will not get another supercar from Ferrari again.
    somehow, yes, but maybe he sold the car before of...this

Maserati's PR didn't know about the black MC12 Versiona Corse appered at 2007 Villa d'Este until I candidly told him about it at last year "Modena Terra Di Motori".

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Why not ? The owner ist still member of the FXX Programme part 2 and also owns a FXX Evolutione.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by taunus View Post
    Why not ? The owner ist still member of the FXX Programme part 2 and also owns a FXX Evolutione.
    Source of your info?
    btw, the Evoluzione is the same car just updated, not a new one.
    welcome at UCP

Thread Information