Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Wifey's Turn... Now Mine

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Orly?

Is that black smudge through the paint into the plastic of the bumper? Or is it on the surface of the paint?
    Thats a terrible example, but gold wheels would look good on a G.

You have my future car.. I want it..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Very nice.

Did you consider a slightly used M3?

yay more people with G35's! now i wanna trade up the 2003 for something new. did you consider a 1 series? the G35 is beastly, i love it
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Congratulations. The car looks great.

Enjoy it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    This is the car to do it in.
    Fleet will soon come along saying that his Cadillac Limo is the place to do it in...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Very nice.

Did you consider a slightly used M3?
    i have a bmw curse, and i will never drive one again. not going through the whole story again, but that woudl have been the perfect car

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Fleet will soon come along saying that his Cadillac Limo is the place to do it in...
    it would be an uncomfortable place to do it in, like the back seat of a volkswagen
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Niiiiiice, white cars ftmfw! Don't change any wheels, the ones it has look really nice! Make sure none of the cats are sleeping in those tailpipes when you start-up
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

When I read the thread title and the author I was fully expecting you bought an Rx-8... well, I was close.

Congrats on the new car. Try to keep it intact.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    yay more people with G35's! now i wanna trade up the 2003 for something new. did you consider a 1 series? the G35 is beastly, i love it
    Knew you'd go crazy.

Nice car, although I do see a lot of them.

Keep the revs around 3000 and just enjoy that exhast note, that's what I do when I drive my brother's G35. It's a 2004 coupe, in black though.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    When I read the thread title and the author I was fully expecting you bought an Rx-8... well, I was close.

Congrats on the new car. Try to keep it intact.
    i really wanted to like the rx-8. i really did. and not just because of the other 2 mazdas i own, but more because its a very interesting, and different car. and those types of cars usually interest me.

but the interior in the G is a huge amount better. really, though, the reason was the driving. it was just a huge amount faster, sounded a lot better, and drove amazingly. the rx was just a disappointment (sorry peter). slow(er), cramped, and just not nearly as engaging to drive.

Congratulations and good choice! The first time I saw a G35 coupe I was blown away by how good they look, and I still feel the same.

wish you safe drive... nice car

The new UCP review format, done on my G35

Is it practical?

Define Practical. If you are single, or a couple, it would be livable for the most part. It has comfortable seats front and back, plenty of legroom and headroom. Unfortunately the trunk is small. Very small and shallow. This is remedied to an extent by folding rear seats, but its still less than ideal for anything other than the grocery store shopping.

Is it economical?

No. It has a big V6 that begs you to flog it. You will flog it. It will suck gas. On the highway it does alright, but the short bits where i mostly drive cause the mileage to tumble. i think it's around the 17mpg mark, but never really figured out. Regular maintenance is also rather expensive. Coming from the Mini with all regular maintenance included in the price, paying 100 for an oil change is a bit depressing. Thankfully it isn't too often I need them.

Is it fun to drive?

Like you wouldn't believe. Big power, rwd, stiff suspension, sticky tires, all couple to make it a riot. Only problem is the steering can be a bit numb at low speeds, but it becomes nicely weighted at high speeds.

Will it break down all the time?

It has been bulletproof since i've had it (except for the brakes, but thats a whole different story).

Is it easy to park?

It is absolutely horrendous. It is as wide as 4 normal cars, there is no rear visibility and the C pillars seem like they are 3 miles wide. Along with the slow steering rack, it makes it a bitch to parallel park.

What if I go to a Shopping Centre and get chased by baddies in a Corvette?

They wont catch you quickly, but it will happen. having all of the same restrictions in size, but fractionally slower, you will get killed.

Is it green?

umm... no.

Can I afford it?

The G37 is not cheap, but an early G35 coupe, especially an auto, can be picked up for a relatively cheap price. Obviously not Aveo cheap, but then again this is a luxury sports car.

What If I'm asked to take part in a beach assault with the Royal Marines?

You will sink the LCM before it ever hits the beach. It is heavy and will bog the whole damn thing down. Sorry Devil Dogs.

Summary: Good, fast, and not really useful for much else. I love it.

Thread Information