Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VE Commodore Ute pics

My brother and i thought we seen some on the back of a truck heading towards port Melbourne not long ago under bra's and half covers.

Hope ESP is on the utes also be silly to let the utes miss out, But i guess testing it out for a ute is different to sedan.

I love to read the dribble below everytime i look at the new spy pic's of the new Falcon sedan and Commodore ute.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

VE Ute Revealed

The rear end is tragic. Overall though, it's not bad. The sports models do little to redeem the rear end's ugliness. It also loses payload.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 08-21-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason:
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Yuk! I'll have a XH Falc anyday!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

I think a SV6 ute would be great value.. And with 6 speed man would be a pretty strong weapon on the road, Ad ESP you got no worrys with grip.

I think it's the colour that makes it look off.. It's different but it seems maybe a little to hard to try and fit in with the VE theme at the rear, But the pic's above were spot on with the tail lights.

The rear end is lacking in detail IMO. The front is busy, yet the rear end is bland. I think for models such as the SS-V ute around the mid $40K's theyve actually increased price over the VZ SS, which i thought was alot closer to a flat $40K. The standard Omega ute is also over $30K whilst the Falcon XL ute starts at $27K and even the XLS ute is $29K
    I am the Stig

This was posted on Autoblog. Has a similar rear light design as the ute and seems to be shorter than the VY one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I didnt think the sedans rear door line overlapped onto the rear wheel arch, but other than that the ute styling cues are more than likely accurate, as thats how Holden has always done the ute/wagon.
    I am the Stig

That looks ok, But! is it me or does the rear tailgate seem Astra like? It might be a photshop commodore astra rear semi thingo.

The VE ute was on display @ the muscle car masters, ive got one photo of the back of it, as the way they had it fenced off means anything else would have been pointless.

It looked very nice. im looking forward to the aftermarket scene to get jiggy with it.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Eww they really messed up the back, but other than that it looks ok. It'll be interesting to see which ute will be more popular...with Holden effectively handing the tradie market to Ford and all.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

I have been amazed at how many have seen it in the flesh and commented on how it looks good, They even say the rear is fine to them.

Tradies to be honest need a trailer to most of what they do, So some junk in the rear and 1500kg in the trailer and they still got a 2 door-ute-coupe-thingo on weekends.
    I think the eveyday Aussie still wants a ute to be the all in one vechile for them, But i feel the bigger utes are now taking this roll away slowly.. My Aunties Hubby is a Ford man always buys Ford utes, He just bought a BT-40

Well typically thats where a one tonner comes into it.

The market's been like this for years now between Holden and Ford, you'd have to be stupid to put serious weight in the back of any VU-VZ Commodore ute with the IRS and monocoque construction. Its going to extend to the wagons as well when Holden release the VE sportswagon and Fords Orion wagon will be a facelifted AU-BA-BF wagon apparently.
    I am the Stig

That's why they're fine for most tradies, because they can just fill the tray with their tools, and tow any materials they need. If you need to cart around a lot of weight in the tray, a Landcruiser or Patrol is much better.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

My VP was a brickies work car before i bought it, God knows what was towed on the back of it as everything he had was at the rear with one of them trailers with 4 wheels, The VP replaced his VR 5lt Statesman.. It does have some slight signs of the typical holden rear door movement but on a min..

I'd love a Ute myself and from time to time i might stick a fridge or washingmachine some type of house thing in it moving or something, But most of all i'd use it as my get around car.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    My Aunties Hubby is a Ford man always buys Ford utes, He just bought a BT-50
    Well, the BT-50 is practically a Ford Ranger!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

Thread Information