Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Australian Grand Prix (March 13 - 15)

Honda's engine is certainly ..disappointing, given their history with race engines. I'm sure McLaren are also expressing ..disappointment. I'm sure it was always planned to run them at a conservative tune to at least not blow engines in the early races to avoid heavy penalties towards the end of the year, at least for Button. I'm curious about whether Magnussen was running a higher tune due to his engine count not really mattering (or would it pass onto Alonso?) hence the blow out, but if it was then the qualifying performance is even more of a disaster.

Merc should register an F1 engine building (2014 spec) charity school to help out Renault and Honda. I'm sure it'd be a good tax dodge, and they'll still out perform them this and next year.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Can we please get rid of the driver interviews on the podium? I remember when they started doing this a few years back and I thought it was useless and awkward... it's still useless and awkward.

And now I swear (pun intended) the drivers are trying to get in the most TV friendly profanities into the interview (refer to Eddie getting "pissed" at Vettel today for saying "pissed"). It was funny the first time when Kimi cursed on live TV but now this is getting old.

Decent race though.

It was cool to once again hear the Italian anthem right after the German one. That is programmed into my brain. A great race in Malaysia, and MotoGP opener in Qatar!

The Moto GP race was quite something. Those Ducatis, they are really rather fast!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Who'dda thunk?! The weird rules has something to do with it though; they are running in a sorta semi-open class, so they have access to different regulations, unless and until they win (so my motorcycle friend tells me; I haven't paid as much attention in the past 2 years).

Just as in F1, the uncertainty at the front bodes well for this series. Marquez predictably cut through the field after his off, but stalled behind Dani. Had he not had his moment, he may have ran away with it. Let's hope Ducati and Yamaha can keep Honda honest this year.

Yep, when Ducati do well in bike racing always check the regulations
    eg this time the weight versus engine size is silly and the who has to use MM hardware and software versus who can play with engine management is just pointless imho
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Shouldn't one class racing be... one class?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Shouldn't one class racing be... one class?
    It should and I don't understand why it isn't. They have anyway two more classes which race separately, so why have different rules inside the top class?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Dorna has a vision of how they want things to go, and Honda has another vision. This is the screwed up compromise.

Thread Information