Thread: what is the most powerful engine ever produced in italy?

what is the most powerful engine ever produced in italy?

My guess would be the veyron, but thats only because it has 4 turbo's, so for me that doesn't really count, i want to know which engine has the most raw horsepower, and with no superchargers helping it out
    UCP's No. 1 source for Enzo pic's

The Veyron is a German car with a VW engine.
    My guess would be the 1.5 litre turbo engine of the Ferrari F1 Turbo, before the restrictor area. These engines had up to 1200-1300 BHP in qualification trim. I am not sure what the maximum output was of the Alfa Indy engine, which was not very successful.

most powerful engine in the world is in german lotec sirius - 6,0 l, V12 -1200KM

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    most powerful engine in the world is in german lotec sirius - 6,0 l, V12 -1200KM
    The thread is about Italy, so this thing is disqualified!

Quote Originally Posted by ENZOMAN
    My guess would be the veyron, but thats only because it has 4 turbo's, so for me that doesn't really count, i want to know which engine has the most raw horsepower, and with no superchargers helping it out
    Presume you want an engine in a production car ?
    What about specials, tuning companies etc etc ? There are likely tuners in Italy making some powerful mods.

Is it just max power ? What about power from engine - eg power/liter ?
    For the latter the Ducati Desmo engines in MotoGP are putting out 230+bhp from a one litre normally aspirated engine. A Ferrari Enzo would have to produce 1400bhp from it's 6 litres to match the technology ( it barely manages HALF that )

and check out this ....
    ... that is the COMPLETE engine and gearbox the engineer is putting together. Power per external size is also awesome. Right now MotoGP is the pinnacle of 4-stroke engine/transmission development.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-18-2004 at 09:11 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I am not sure but I presume an Aprilia 125 or 250 might achieve more BHP per litre?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am not sure but I presume an Aprilia 125 or 250 might achieve more BHP per litre?
    Yes, but they're 2-stroke cycle and it's not fair to compare - or maybe it is
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yes, but they're 2-stroke cycle and it's not fair to compare - or maybe it is
    Well, the original question was not very specific, so, yes, I think 2 strokes would also qualify.

the 125 with around 50 and 250 with around 100 .. but hey . matricien . you forgot a Ferraro V10 producing over 900 HP with only 3000 cc .. so would be more then 300HP/liter ..
    btw . i've heard that MotoGp could change the max capacity for the engines to 800 cc
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    the 125 with around 50 and 250 with around 100 .. but hey . matricien . you forgot a Ferraro V10 producing over 900 HP with only 3000 cc .. so would be more then 300HP/liter ..
    Yea, if you include race engines then you get the special qualifying Trubo 1500s getting 1100 bhp !!
    btw . i've heard that MotoGp could change the max capacity for the engines to 800 cc
    Honda seem to be having difficulty keeping the rumours that they've another 50bhp on tap with their engine and it's scaring the organisers to do something to limit the performance

well .. .. the guy said . no superchargers
    not only Honda .. all the bikes produce huge amounts of power .. (including the Aprilia .. my favorite bike ) but if they reduce the capacity .. it would have sense for some manufacturers to rebuild 2-strike machines . cause if they keep the current weights for 4-stroke .. the 2-stroke could be very competitive again ..
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    well .. .. the guy said . no superchargers
    That's why I'd not included thme first time, but if we're going to consider 20strokers then why not turbos. Guess that should take all of them out.
    not only Honda .. all the bikes produce huge amounts of power .. (including the Aprilia .. my favorite bike ) but if they reduce the capacity .. it would have sense for some manufacturers to rebuild 2-strike machines . cause if they keep the current weights for 4-stroke .. the 2-stroke could be very competitive again ..
    MotoGP can't go back to 2-stroke.
    Last year was the transition year when both were allowed
    Honda are producing WAY more reliable power than the others.
    The Duc's are still horrendously expensive to run - same as in SBK.
    It will beinteresting as the year progresses if Rossi fails to sparkle as he did when on Honda.

my reply is gone... weird

i like the veyron as well, but quad turbos make it too fast

Thread Information