Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac SRX (2nd gen) 2009-

Cadillac SRX (2nd gen) 2009-

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. – Today Cadillac provided a special sneak preview of the next-generation SRX Crossover, a 2010 model that will launch worldwide in mid-2009.The all-new SRX is intended to bring a more dynamic alternative to the heart of the luxury crossover segment, featuring a fresh iteration of Cadillac’s signature design language.

“The next-generation SRX is the result of the continued exploration and refining of Cadillac design language, with the goal of creating dramatic presence in the luxury crossover space,” says Clay Dean, Cadillac design director.

The all-new SRX debuts at major global auto shows later this year, at which time complete details will be released. The 2010 model will replace the current SRX Crossover, which launched in 2004 as a key component of Cadillac’s ongoing product renaissance and global expansion. This next-generation crossover is similar in styling and proportion to Cadillac’s Provoq Concept that appeared in many auto shows during 2008.

The all-new production model is being developed to achieve excellent driving dynamics and wet-weather traction, with an elegantly modern cabin designed to accommodate five passengers and ample cargo.

“The next-generation SRX, along with the new CTS Sport Wagon, showcases Cadillac taking its dramatic design into new directions, particularly cars and crossovers that are the right size at the right time for today’s luxury consumers,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

What's up with those "drilled" break discs?
    What ever... I don't like it and it reminds me of the Opel Antara.

Quote Originally Posted by Klemmel View Post
    What's up with those "drilled" break discs?
    What ever... I don't like it and it reminds me of the Opel Antara.
    'cause probably it is an Antara....forget the "probably"
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Its still a mini van, no matter what your dad claims.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

ewwww...
    It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract
    I like the look of the cts but they cant just shove it onto a big car. its like what porsche tried to do with the 911 and the cayenne
    why cant any americans car makers seem to follow up on a good design these days /sigh
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 08-22-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

ouch.
    that is simply horrid

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Its still a mini van, no matter what your dad claims.
    Try more like a small SUV.

Absolutely pointless though. The SRX really impressed me back when it was a wagon. But now that GM is set on pushing out multiple, butt-ugly CTS models, the SRX now has to become some lower-model SUV under the Escalades.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

so these are out where i live, how come the year is 2009?

car years work funny...
    the second half of the year is usually considered the next year model

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    car years work funny...
    the second half of the year is usually considered the next year model
    the chevy malibu was available since last fall, but as a 2009 model...

I thought this looked like it was on the Lamda platform but it's not. So it must be smaller than the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I thought this looked like it was on the Lamda platform but it's not. So it must be smaller than the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave.
    as supposed above, it's probably based on the European Open Antara, which should be shortened version of the Lambda NA cars.

New SRX Crossover – the distinctive alternative

The all-new SRX represents the next generation of innovative, dynamic crossovers for customers of luxury vehicles. New technologies offer better drivetrain efficiency and safety, while the design expresses power and dynamics. The new SRX connects with customers of premium cars emotionally as well as rationally. Simply put, this crossover is for people who value performance and utility.

The new SRX is designed for efficient performance, including a high-tech six-cylinder engine that is new to Cadillac. The 3.0L direct injected V6 engine employs technology that helps produce strong performance typical of larger-displacement engines. Direct injection enables a 25-percent reduction in hydrocarbon emissions. Fuel economy comparable with a mid-size family car is expected.

Performance and safety are enhanced by a standard all-wheel-drive (AWD) system that is designed to optimize vehicle handling and stability in all driving conditions. The AWD system includes an advanced electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD) that distributes torque as needed from side-to-side along the rear axle, in addition from the front to rear axle. The pre-emptive, active-on-demand system provides an extra measure of capability in wet or icy conditions

The new SRX rides on a wide track that was designed to deliver a nimble, responsive driving experience. It seats five, with generous occupant and cargo room, and can tow up to 2,000 kilograms.

Efficient performance

The SRX is powered by a new, fuel-efficient direct injected 3.0L V6 that delivers an estimated 269 horsepower (198 kW) and is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Direct injection results in more power, better fuel economy and lower emissions, all with a smaller-displacement package.

The 3.0L direct injection V6 is a smaller-displacement version of the 3.6L, direct injection engine featured in the CTS sport sedan and named one of the world’s 10 Best Engines for 2009 by Ward’s Automotive. Along with direct injection technology, the 3.0 liter engine employs variable valve timing to optimize power and fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.

The Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission helps save fuel by lowering the engine’s revolutions per minute at constant highway speeds, while a manual shift lever control enables greater driver interaction when desired. The new SRX includes a driver-selectable “eco mode” that alters transmission shift points to minimize fuel consumption.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Cadillac SRX #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Cadillac SRX #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information