Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011-

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 – a new reference among super sports cars

* Innovative concept and phenomenal performance redefine the pinnacle of the super sports car segment
* Entirely new technology package, unique and powerful functional design language
* Innovative carbon-fiber monocoque
* New twelve-cylinder engine with 515 kW / 700 hp
* Super-fast shifting ISR (Independent Shifting Rods) transmission
* Pushrod suspension
* The very finest equipment and trim, extensive individualization
Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Back to black

Delft
More info on the UCP page
Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Back to black

Delft
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Last edited by Duell; 03-01-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more pictures
Old 03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Back to black

Delft
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

that's it for now !
Old 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

The Netherlands
More an evolution then a revolution styling-wise. I liked both the Murciélago and the Reventón, and this looks practically the same. This may be either a good thing or bad thing, but I like it.

Look at the side profile with the sharp lines - this is how a supercar should look in my opinion. Sharp lines and I am glad that didn't chage. Front and back, fair enough, I can hardly tell the difference with the earlier cars.

However, I was expecting a much lower kerb weight after their earlier Sesto Elemento concept. 1.575 Kg is mentioned as being very low for this type of car. Hmmm...
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Fanatic

Personally I like more about the fact they actually moved on quite far, technology-wise, from Murcielago. And not a small step since now this thing will be a carbon fibre chassis car with in board suspension.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

Goshen, IN
Send a message via AIM to ScionDriver
I like it, a nice little evolution in the Lambo line, keeping a lot of similarities with the Murcielago and a few Diablo lines. Good stuff.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Orange County, California
Stunning. It looks like they integrated some of the Reventon lines, and the car is mostly a technological advancement rather than a revolutionary model.

Personally, I'm not buying it with the TFT gauges (look messy compared to the cleaner analog gauges on the Murcielagos and Gallardos), but it isn't too bad.

The Aventador is indeed a worthy successor to the Murcielago and the title of Lamborghini's flagship model!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Novice

USA
love it except the gallardo mirrors are looking a bit old
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
Lower it.

But seriously, I also agree that it would be neat if it was lighter, but meh, it's a Lamborghini, they're never all that light. It's relatively light for what it is, with 700hp.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Fanatic

Perth, Australia
Yea, it's grunty enough to take the weight. Besides, seems like they've left themselves some room for an SV model through weight saving now. Gotta think of the future and all that...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Enthusiast

Auckland, NZ
Send a message via MSN to Roentgen
I'm quite disappointed. When the Murcielago came out, I was wowed by it's incredible design: Shape was perfect, the dimensions/proportion were just right, the shape of the front lights was just so beautiful, angry, yet not like the Gumpert, and then the yellow, contrasted with the black of the windows and the lights, and grills, was just so striking.

It was automotive perfection at the time.

This though, is just a Reventon... except uglier... with added Gallardo side air intakes.

However, being Lamborghini, I'm sure it'll grow on me.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Rookie

where the oranges grow
I think that by Lamborghini standards, the stylistically original Murcielago was a bit conservative. It wasn't as offensive or as dangerous as its predecessors.

I definitely agree that this is in no way a deviation from Lamborghini's usual conventions but it is so much more insane than either the Murcielago or the Gallardo. It is loud, vulgar, and looks like it would cut you if you brushed up against it wrong, exactly how a Lamborghini should be.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Fanatic

Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
I think that by Lamborghini standards, the stylistically original Murcielago was a bit conservative. It wasn't as offensive or as dangerous as its predecessors.

I definitely agree that this is in no way a deviation from Lamborghini's usual conventions but it is so much more insane than either the Murcielago or the Gallardo. It is loud, vulgar, and looks like it would cut you if you brushed up against it wrong, exactly how a Lamborghini should be.
This guy is right. Non LP models of the Murcielago and Gallardo were too sedate.

Considering the weight, they adopted a similar technology to build the CF chassis as McLaren did, yet the car weights 200 kg more. Why:

- larger engine, but the MP4-12C has a twin turbo layout
- smaller gearbox, with the MP4-12C using a DCT
- AWD system VS RWD on the McLaren.
- it's a larger car, but everything else is comparable.

Using a CF chassis in a production scenario (so not hand crafted cars etc) may be deceptive for what regards weights, even the friend of mine who worked on the Ferrari FF thought the McLaren could have been lighter, but then again thinking the way that CF tub is done, it makes a bit more sense.
Just the tub weights around 78 kg iirc, and you still have to add the front and rear subframes, plus the whole rollcage. Considering the F430 full chassis weights around 156 kg, it's not that much lighter at the end of the day.

Possibly this is the same case.

Now considering the new Ferrari Four, that's a much much larger car, with a "conventional" aluminum frame, AWD, DCT and a estate like tail .
The car weights another 200 kg on top of the Aventador, which is still an ugly name. Now the Four has a bazilion more kg of leather, sound deadening, heat insulation and so on, and the AWD system is provided trough a basically second gearbox at the front, rather then a second shaft running from the gearbox to the front axle like on the GT-R. They said it's a better system, and that it doesn't weight that much more.
It's as heavy as a 612 when ready to be driven, while the kerb weight is slightly lower, and if it was possible to remove also the DCT and the AWD systems, it would loose another 100 kg, they said.

So this just shows that it's much more difficult than what journalists believe to judge a weight and what lead to it.

Jesus, I'm really becoming an engineer.

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Fanatic

The Nissan way is really odd for its layout, but if they are trying to balance the weight for that twin-turbo 6, maybe that transaxle is not a bad idea....

I think the AWD system takes up for a big chunk of the difference between this and the McLaren. 2 extra diffs plus casing and drive shafts(much of it in metal, with internal being steel), weighs quite a bit. The way the tub has to be designed is also much different with a tunnel running across, and unlike the McLaren this car has more of a "unit-body" style carbon frame. Might be structurally less efficient since composite works better in "box" rather than beams(hence maybe heavier lay-up to compensate).

Tags
italy, lamborghini