Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Maserati is hideous

It's still a huge improvement, compared to recent Quattroporte. And main proportions are much better.
    First time I saw this car, I thought it's ugly. But now (again), compared to Quattroporte (Gran Turismo is positioned as a 2-door quattroporte), I think it's OK.
    Former rt13.
    To see more, visit [url]http://ps-garage.com/gallery/rt13[/url]
    Thank you.

I think that it represents a missed opportunity.

The sketches showed an aggressive, well proportioned and nicely detailed design.

These seem to have been stripped from the final design leaving something rather conventional and bland, and not too dissimilar to an RX8 in proportion and stance.

I still like it though, as the point of Maserati is not about beautiful cars, but image.

It is the same with Bristols (well, the Blenheim at least) - you aren't trying to attract everyone's attention with your flashness; you still get to enjoy a high quality GT that blends into the background.

Choose a nice dark grey or something, the least flash wheels, don't wash it and most people won't take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Wrong. This car is sexy. It's got elements of the birdcage, and of traditional Maserati coupes, which is a hard thing to screw up.
    agreed, i personally love it, but each to their own on the subjective matter of style...

Okay from the front, ugly rear end.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I never really like any of them to be honest. They are all to bland and boring looking kinda like the old Jag XK's.

Those wheels are hideous though.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

The front reminds me of this:

It was the first thing I thought of when I first saw it and it still reminds me of it now.

Not impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VtecMini; 12-31-2007 at 06:45 AM.

ROFL what does a Duck Dry do?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    it looks better than the old one, so the fact that its gotten rid of its 'golfer' style looks this more radical approach is good.
    Maybe I'm just stupid old git with checkered trouses , but IMO original Giugario's design with boomerang rear lights looks ten times better than this.

Actually I already gave my opinion about the new design here.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Maybe I'm just stupid old git with checkered trouses , but IMO original Giugario's design with boomerang rear lights looks ten times better than this.
    I loved the boomerang style rear lights too, and never understood why they changed them to match those of the cabrio and not vice versa. I'd pass the checkered trousers though .

I don't think the Gran Turismo is hideous, it's far from beautiful (what a Maserati should be), but I'd reserve the word hideous for cars like the Aztec or Tribeca. IMO this looks like it doesn't know what it should be.

I must say I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    ROFL what does a Duck Dry do?
    It's a hairdrier. In the shape of a duck.

Having thought about it, does anyone think it has gone a little too german?

Not only concerning the design, but also automatic gearbox only. Despite Maseratis being luxury Ferraris (and I know that's totally unfair to Maserati, but it's a way to simplify it) I think that bit of sportiness, agression and pure attraction should never lack in an Italian car. And in a way that's what has happened to Lancia as well, but that's another story.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Having thought about it, does anyone think it has gone a little too german?

Not only concerning the design, but also automatic gearbox only. Despite Maseratis being luxury Ferraris (and I know that's totally unfair to Maserati, but it's a way to simplify it) I think that bit of sportiness, agression and pure attraction should never lack in an Italian car. And in a way that's what has happened to Lancia as well, but that's another story.
    It does have a slight German feel about it... But I do like it. The front could have been better but it is a nice.. well an OK look for the car.

Some style improvements would be nice
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

The butt of the car looks nice, kinda plain but streamlined at the same time. But whoever designed the front should be shot several times in various places of the body.

I'll have to agree with Egg, the first time i saw i liked it, but after a closer view there are to many things that throw me off, specially thoose darned rearlights, ala Ford Galaxy... the last good one was the 3200GT i still don't get it why they changed the rearlights when they made teh 4200GT...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information