Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian dollar = US dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Canada still sucks.
    and american blows
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Bleh.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 09-23-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Matra said I have to. Canada still sucks.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    and american blows

All of it?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

It's the only way to cover that awful hair style.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    It's the only way to cover that awful hair style.
    It's covering Canada...
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    If I was in the car market right now and had decided on what car to buy I would consider driving down to Buffalo and picking up the car there especially if it was a more expensive car. A buddy of mine worked at a Benz dealership this summer and one of the cars he dealt with was an SL 55 from the States that had to be certified here or whatever. I would guess that the owner was clever and bought the car in the States to save money.
    If it was only that easy. I was talking to a friend of mine who is an independent car dealer. We live about 3 hrs from Detroit, and he's bought a couple cars in the U.S., but only if they're $10,000 or more in sticker savings. By the time you pay all of the duties, transportation, brokerage fees, and deal with the 2-3 trips down there before actually having the keys, that turns into about $3000 savings. For all the work required that's not as great a deal any more.

Also, the dealership is not allowed to sell you a new car if you're a CDN citizen. they know your intention is to bring it back here and their manufacturer will not allow them to sell across the border. You may be able to buy a demo or almost new used car, but you will not get a brand new car. some manufacturers have already gone the route of voiding factory warranties across the border, so unless you live on the border and can cross the border for warranty work, that's a huge risk.

there is also different fees required at the border dependent on where the car was built. US cars are the cheapest, but a foreign-built car, sold in the US and brought to canada will have different fees.

just a few things to consider if you're serious. do your homework!
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    It's covering Canada...
    Way to just look at the picture.

That is damn funny. I nearly even laughed aloud.

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD> View Post
    If it was only that easy. I was talking to a friend of mine who is an independent car dealer. We live about 3 hrs from Detroit, and he's bought a couple cars in the U.S., but only if they're $10,000 or more in sticker savings. By the time you pay all of the duties, transportation, brokerage fees, and deal with the 2-3 trips down there before actually having the keys, that turns into about $3000 savings. For all the work required that's not as great a deal any more.

Also, the dealership is not allowed to sell you a new car if you're a CDN citizen. they know your intention is to bring it back here and their manufacturer will not allow them to sell across the border. You may be able to buy a demo or almost new used car, but you will not get a brand new car. some manufacturers have already gone the route of voiding factory warranties across the border, so unless you live on the border and can cross the border for warranty work, that's a huge risk.

there is also different fees required at the border dependent on where the car was built. US cars are the cheapest, but a foreign-built car, sold in the US and brought to canada will have different fees.

just a few things to consider if you're serious. do your homework!
    Well that's a bitch.

Some auto manufacturers have already said if US dealers sell cars to Canadians, the dealer will be penalized. I guess the Canuckistan dealers are getting uppity about losing sales.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Wow .. "land of the free"
    In Europe it is illegal to penalise the dealer for selling !
    However they do put "barrieres" in place to limit it and make it more hassle
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Some auto manufacturers have already said if US dealers sell cars to Canadians, the dealer will be penalized. I guess the Canuckistan dealers are getting uppity about losing sales.
    I would be interested in seeing the profit margins from dealers on both sides of the border. If they are worried about Canadians buying cars form American dealerships it probably means that we are getting fleeced for the price up here. What a load of shit.

I heard somewhere that Canadians pay on average 24% more for goods than Americans. That's a pain in the ass but hell, at least its not as bad as Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    You tell me who is running the show...
    Britain.

£1 = $2.019 USD.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Britain.

£1 = $2.019 USD.
    America > Britain a la Revolutionary War.

That one never gets old.

*Cue Matra saying that we should thank the French

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    America > Britain a la Revolutionary War.

That one never gets old.
    *Cue Matra saying that we should thank the French
    At least that country is recognised ... now you have to also accept the Spanish and the Dutch assistance made it possible too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information