Thread: New BMW M6 Gran Coupe, Maserati Quattroporte in full detail and JCW Paceman ...

New BMW M6 Gran Coupe, Maserati Quattroporte in full detail and JCW Paceman ...

From May, 2013 the BMW M6 family will consist of three models thanks to the addition of this M6 Gran Coupe. The four-door coupe is powered by the same twin-turbo, 560 hp V8 as its two-door siblings. The car does sit on a longer wheelbase, which is used to create more space for the rear passengers. Although we are no fans of the whole four-door coupe craze, this M6 Gran Coupe looks unsettlingly appealing.
    One of the BMW's main rivals promises to be the all-new Maserati Quattroporte. A few weeks ago, we already published the first pictures of the Italian executive sedan, and now we have the full specification and a 24-shot gallery. The biggest news is the Ferrari-built V8, which displaces just 3.8 litre. Helped by two twin-scroll turbochargers, the compact engine does produce a hefty 530 hp. Also part of the new line-up will be a 3-litre V6, which also boasts two turbos. Despite being capable of sprinting to 100 km/h in well under 5 seconds and boasting a top speed of over 300 km/h, both the consumption and emissions have dropped by 20% compared to the predecessor.
    The Paceman is the latest expansion of the MINI line-up and it is now available in John Cooper Works trim. Like it sister cars, it uses a 218 hp turbocharged four cylinder engine. Four wheel drive and a six-speed manual gearbox come as standard while a six-speed automatic is available as an option. Whether the rather loud finish on the John Cooper Works Paceman is to everyone's liking remains to be seen.

Enjoy the links:

2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 Maserati Quattroporte - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 MINI John Cooper Works Paceman - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I am sad to see the return of the turbocharged Maserati. I guess it was inevitable that they would strive for more power because they had so "few" horsepower in the previous model, but I can't see the point of that car without the noise it makes. They're going to have a tough time getting a turbo to sound that good.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I am sad to see the return of the turbocharged Maserati. I guess it was inevitable that they would strive for more power because they had so "few" horsepower in the previous model, but I can't see the point of that car without the noise it makes. They're going to have a tough time getting a turbo to sound that good.
    It's the new Biturbo!

Probably.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information