Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattakon engine.....legitimate alternative or just another fly-by-night

Pattakon engine.....legitimate alternative or just another fly-by-night

Here is the much called for thread on the Pattakon engine.

Here is your chance Manolis to answer all the questions people have about your engine design.

You have made some outrageous quotes over on other threads:

Quote Originally Posted by manolis
    I declare publicly today, to any one of pattakon’s investors to brink me their shares and I will buy them - immediately - a million times their initial price in US dollars (i.e. for each dollar the investor – any investor – gave, he will take a million dollars in return)."
    I wish I had just the one share

I call any professional willing to have a test drive with pattakon’s cars to call me.
    And a special offer – it is the challenge you asked for -for you: come for a test drive in Athens and if you see less than I claim, I will pay your first class airplane tickets.

On top of that you have shown heaps of animations and theory. You have sounded more like a car salesman than an engine designer.

So let's get the ball rolling.

How long has this engine been in design phase? How close are you to production of this engine? Can you provide us with some independant third party results on power torque and fuel consumption or are the figures just your own theory? Can you advise whether you are in discussions with auto manufacturers? Have you presented the engine on a world stage?

Here's your big chance.

BTW here is the link to the site:
    http://www.pattakon.com/

Hehehehhe!

It's not an engine by any means!

It's a mechanism of variable valve actuation and a rather interesting if I may add.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by revetec
    Hehehehhe!
    Beee-have !!!
    No need to act like others.
    Please remain professional. Benefits the discussion AND your image
    Thanks
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Beee-have !!!
    Bee hive?
    Would it not be more of a hornet's nest?

Took advantage of company access and did a search on the Greek, European and WIPO patent databases and coulnd't find anything.
    Can you please provide patent numbers for applied and granted patents on the engine ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Taking a leaf out of your book Manolis, I now would like to ask why you've not answered. I mean that's 8 hours already

I don't get it, is this a joke? All those diagrams were very obviously drawn on Paint.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Looking at the PPE, (Ill call it peepee cos it appears to be as weak as piss...) They are very nice pictures. I bet I can break one in under 30 seconds. Me thinks someones gone to one hell of a lot of trouble for an early april fools joke... viva la internal combustion engine
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Some of Pattakon's Patents

Pattakon Variable Valve Actuation patents and patent applications:

Variable Valve Gear:
    1st Priority: GR20010100295
    1st PCT Patent Application: PCT/GR02/00035
    US Patent: US 6,892,684 (May 17, 2005)

Variable Valve Gear:
    2nd PCT Patent Application: PCT/GR04/00043
    US Patent Application Publication : 20060091344

Discrete Mode Variable Valve Gear
    US Patent Application Publication : 20060196459

Improved Variable Valve Actuation (idling control)
    1st Priority : GR20060100245

Pattakon Pulling Piston Engine patent : US 6,062,187 (May 16, 2000)
    (four years later Honda received the US 6,763,796 and US 6,763,796 patents on the same exactly subject)

Pattakon Cam Drive Mechanism (GRECO crankless engine)
    PCT Patent Application : PCT/GR04/00052

Pattakon Pulling Rod Engine
    1st Priority: GR20060100048
    PCT Patent Application: PCT/EP2007/050809

In Japan, China etc Patent Offices more data can be found.

Thanks
    Manolis Pattakos

I copy Revetec’s complete initial reply to my first post regarding Pattakon GRECO engine:

Dear Manolis,

This company doesn't know anything about breathing. Any engine of this kind has a slower initial piston speed which decreases the initial gas flow past the valve. We have investigated using a cam with a perfect sine wave in piston acceleration and we have found that any engine with a con-rod to stroke ratio of anything over 1.7:1 cannot breathe properly and requires supercharging. The problem with amatures like these people is that they don't understand engines and even though some theory may look good and the design looks simple, doesn't mean there are no inherant problems with what they are trying to do. Companies like this just burn investors money without having any prospect of getting an engine to perform or get to production. All they do is give the engine development industry a bad name. Please someone challenge me on this as I feel like making somebody look stupid today.

BTW. Let's see an actual engine run with figures of this pull rod engine. You'll never find one now or in the future because in real life it wont work properly.

Brad

Spot on the sentence “Companies like this just burn investors money without having any prospect of getting an engine to perform or get to production.”

And here is my reply:

Originally Posted by manolis
    I declare publicly today, to any one of pattakon’s investors to brink me their shares and I will buy them - immediately - a million times their initial price in US dollars (i.e. for each dollar the investor – any investor – gave, he will take a million dollars in return)."

My reply simply says to Revetec: Look who is talking…

Thanks
    Manolis Pattakos

Because Pattakon is in dept to nobody, it’s up to Pattakon to decide when and what to put in production.
    Soon, I can say.

The VVA prototype cars are on the road for long time.
    They are AVAILABLE for drive tests like this:
    http://www.pattakon.com/vvar/OnBoard/A1.MOV
    http://www.pattakon.com/vva/VVA_Idle/VVA_Idle.htm

For the moment, along with the VVA Pattakon projects, priority has the PRE engine (http://www.pattakon.com/pre/PRE14.exe and http://www.pattakon.com/pre/PRE14.gif ). A PRE prototype is currently under construction.

The PPE Pattakon project: Read the Honda Patents (to understand the importance of the long dwell at TDC and how much complication they introduced to achieve it). PPE project is on hold, not because it falls apart in 30 seconds as somebody wrote – the thin rod that connects the piston to the piston pin is loaded only in tension – but because the PRE engine offers the same without the thin connecting rod running into the cylinder.

The Pattakon GRECO project, especially the In line three absolutely balanced (as Wankel) engine (at http://www.pattakon.com/greco/Grecoi3.exe ) is frozen, waiting the results of Revetec’s dynos.
    Is the GRECO I3 absolutely balanced, without balance shafts?
    Has the GRECO I3 just one pair of synchronizing gears?
    Does it need more than a conventional, 4 valves per cylinder, DOHC modern cylinder head?
    What do you think is the major drawback of GRECO I3 design?

By the way, what is the time limit (the deadline) you give me to reply to your next “strictly technical” questions?

Thanks
    Manolis Pattakos
    Last edited by manolis; 02-03-2007 at 09:31 PM.

The VVA prototype cars are on the road for long time.
    They are AVAILABLE for drive tests like this:
    http://www.pattakon.com/vvar/OnBoard/A1.MOV
    http://www.pattakon.com/vva/VVA_Idle/VVA_Idle.htm
    A link to the website and then a still video of a tachometer and cut off speedometer? Awesome proof dude.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    A link to the website and then a still video of a tachometer and cut off speedometer? Awesome proof dude.
    Exactly Rockefella. Where is this proof? You show us fantasy like diagrams and videos and make all these claims, yet you have shown absolutely no proof. You expect people just to fly over to Greece and drive a car. Show us the third party independant results.

So I repeat the questions yet again.

How long has this engine been in design phase?
    How close are you to production of this engine?
    Can you provide us with some independant third party results on power torque and fuel consumption or are the figures just your own theory?
    Can you advise whether you are in discussions with auto manufacturers?
    Have you presented the engine on a world stage?

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOK
    Exactly Rockefella. Where is this proof? You show us fantasy like diagrams and videos and make all these claims, yet you have shown absolutely no proof. You expect people just to fly over to Greece and drive a car. Show us the third party independant results.

So I repeat the questions yet again.

How long has this engine been in design phase?
    How close are you to production of this engine?
    Can you provide us with some independant third party results on power torque and fuel consumption or are the figures just your own theory?
    Can you advise whether you are in discussions with auto manufacturers?
    Have you presented the engine on a world stage?
    Just google for pattakon. You will find dozens of forums and stuff he has posted this crap on. I think he could better spend his time on getting the development going AND getting third-party results.

Does anyone on these forums live near Athens ? I think if so, he should pay this dude a visit. Or if manolis pays the ticket, I'll come to Athens and have a look myself.

Until I get proper proof, I cant draw any other cinclusion than that this is a HOAX

Thread Information