Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First car game you ever played?

i´m old school to, first one was Grand Prix, two tone monitor, pink and black
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Need for Speed Hot pursuit I. What a game it was.

Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed at an arcade.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

"Rallydriver" printed in Electron User and entered by my good self
    Had forgotten about this till reminiscing over a few beers the other night !!!!

Wow .... memories
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-08-2007 at 08:44 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    The first Lotus Challenge on an Amiga 600, I think. I think its proper title was Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge. It was pretty ace.
    snap, and what a game it was. splitscreen all the way

How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

My first *real* racing game -- as opposed to the stuff on Atari and Intellivision -- was Indy 500. The trick to a hotlap was to use the Buick with rain tires... I had F1GP as well, but it was called "World Circuit" here in the US. I absolutely loved that game. All these years later and I still remember one race with me in a Ferrari at Silverstone. I got way behind after a spin and caught all the way up to the leader on the final lap only to spin in the last turn trying a desperation pass. Looking at the screenshot, it's amazing how I remember the cars having so much detail on them.

That game also destroyed my innocence about the internet. I bought my copy from some kid in Illinois and sure enough, he sent me the floppies with the game, but he didn't send me the manual, and that was how their protection worked back then - "What is the second word on the third line on page 25?" And when I emailed him to complain, he told me he didn't get my money order at all and wanted twice as much to send me the manual.

Well I checked out his story and, fortunately, he had cashed the money order at a convenience store and the security camera had a nice picture of him in the act. So I wrote him again, told him about the picture and said I was going to take the whole thing to his local police department for fraud. I got my manual, but the internet was never quite so free in my mind after that...
    Last edited by blackcat77; 05-08-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Edited to add more nostalgia...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    "Rallydriver" printed in Electron User and entered by my good self
    Wow... I had a Vic 20 and got a magazine which had the code for a Star Trek game in it. They said you had to have it absolutely perfect or it would exceed the 3k memory limit. So I spent hours typing it in and.....it didn't work. Messed around several more hours trying to find my mistake and never did.

Need For Speed 2 is the first car game I've played. I was just stunned by the beauty and performance of the McLaren F1.
    My motto: Quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxurioux View Post
    Need For Speed 2 is the first car game I've played. I was just stunned by the beauty and performance of the McLaren F1.
    That was the worst game of the series

I was shocked an appalled at how choppy its graphics where and how sad the game play was in general to no 1.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

TOCATouring Cars Championship... i admit it was a great game and that's where i learned racing

had great time with it; it's funny i was playing games like toca or NFS III for many hours each day for months and i would never get bored, now it's totally different thing
    12 cylinders or walk!

Gran Turismo 2

Top Gear for Super Nintendo

It only had 4 cars. I usually drove the white one. It was the slowest, but it had the best fuel mileage. And that was good enough to win most of the races.

And it had a sick late-80's, early 90's Japanese techno soundtrack.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

The first car game I ever played was this, and I still have it in my CD-ROM collection. It was a fine game then, and still holds up well now. I bought the predecessor (Network Q) and the successor (Mobil 1 Rally Championship). I still hold Mobil 1 as perhaps the best computer game I've played.

Now, I have had experience with all the GT series, but find solace in 4x4 Evo 2 and Cars, surprisingly.

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge or Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 2 on an Amiga 500. I used to play two player games with my best friend. Fun, fun, fun.

Read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_E...urbo_Challenge
    Last edited by john14; 05-14-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    The first car game I ever played was this, and I still have it in my CD-ROM collection. It was a fine game then, and still holds up well now. I bought the predecessor (Network Q) and the successor (Mobil 1 Rally Championship). I still hold Mobil 1 as perhaps the best computer game I've played.

Now, I have had experience with all the GT series, but find solace in 4x4 Evo 2 and Cars, surprisingly.
    yea that rally game was very good, nice variety of cars and tracks... i used to play it at my friend's computer, we didn't have a way to transport it to mine PC...
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thread Information