Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 4 confirmed

Call Of Duty 4 confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by CVG.com
    Activision has confirmed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with CVG this afternoon, saying that a first video from the sequel will be shown in the US at the weekend.

CoD 4 is being developed by Infinity Ward (responsible for the original Call of Duty game on PC and Call of Duty 2), and the video will show during the NFL draft on ESPN over the pond at 1pm EDT/10am PDT.

We're expecting to have the video shortly after its airing on ESPN.

Activision isn't spilling any details on Modern Warfare, but rumour of the sequel hitting back in March 2006 suggested it deals with tackling terrorists around the globe in an attempt to thwart plans that involve unleashing an arsenal of chemical weapons.

Advertisement:
    Players, according to the rumour, will operate as part of the S.A.S., US Marines and the US Army, with the action occurring in such locations as the Middle-East, the streets of Eastern Europe, aboard sea vessels in the North Atlantic and London.

Lending credence to this info is the fact that it was accompanied at the time by rumoured details on Call of Duty 3, which turned out to be pretty much spot on.

All will be revealed soon...
    Strange, as it skips COD3 altogether for PC. But eastern-europe warfare with high end graphics sounds pretty awesome.

COD4 is being developed by Infinity Ward
    woohoo!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Where does it say it will be ported for PC?
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    woohoo!

I concur, nuff said [/end thread]
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
    Where does it say it will be ported for PC?
    Infinity Ward developed COD2 on a 360/PC platform. They primarily made COD for pc, so theyd be doing the same as COD2 for COD4. Its just a shame they didnt have developing duty for COD3. A real blank space in the COD lineup IMHO. COD = PC

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Infinity Ward developed COD2 on a 360/PC platform. They primarily made COD for pc, so theyd be doing the same as COD2 for COD4. Its just a shame they didnt have developing duty for COD3. A real blank space in the COD lineup IMHO. COD = PC
    Sounds great, pity about COD 3 though, there isn't a PC emulator for it is there?
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Modern Warfare??! What the hell is Vegas and GRAW For?! Unless this COD 4 ain't for 360 (which i think is the case)..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

you really cant beat the classics, this COD 4 will be lame just like that game with terrorists in las vegas whose name keeps eluding me. I suppose i will still remain with call of duty 2
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

COD2 > COD3

i hope they make COD4 better than both.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    you really cant beat the classics, this COD 4 will be lame just like that game with terrorists in las vegas whose name keeps eluding me. I suppose i will still remain with call of duty 2
    R6:Vegas. and its a very good game, just for the record

If a modern weapon anti-terrorist game is pulled off then it'll be brilliant. equally it can go wrong. E.g Socom.

I'd prefer the old warfare compared to modern, as I'm not very keen on games such as Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, anything from Tom Clancy for that matter.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

well im happy for the new game but COD are great WW2 games and presonally i think they are they best for detail for wat actually happened,

oh well
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

The reason for the change is that reviewers and gamers alike are aware of the WWII FPS cliche that has evolved in the past couple of years. Expanding the hugely successful COD series to other genres than WWII is in theory a very good idea. It'd use the same linear, easy to follow storyline of the COD series which most (or all) modern shoot-em-ups dont have. I think it'll do well. There are lots of 'modern weapons mod' servers on COD multiplayer so people obviously want it.

Uh, R6: Vegas is bullshit, and this is coming from someone who owns and has played ALL of them, they were just trying to milk the last bit out of the R6 franchise with Vegas. The REAL question will be whether CoD 4 can rival, or out perform, Brothers in Arms, which will remain a WWII shooter, or either of them can outperform GoW 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    . E.g Socom.
    THAT was uncalled for

Although I admit CA sucks...

Thread Information