Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Enzo Crash (Caught on tape!)

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    i dont kno of any Alfas that even top 200.
    where I live, many do...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    i dont kno of any Alfas that even top 200.
    Of the current range only the 1.6-litre engined and the base diesel 147 and the base diesel 159 don't. All others do. And anyway that wasn't my point at all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Obviously he forgot about the 8C...

The special Supercharged one that we'll have to persuade Alfa to make.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    to repair cars in this price bracket, you can afford to have parts newly made....and I am sure Ferrari has some technical parts lying around, while the body parts can still be had from PF.
    Yeah but look at it. The damage goes way beyond just body parts as well. It looks as if the frame in the front was distorted and maybe even the chassis itself. Just sounds like a technically challenging hurdle to overcome for the owner.

Furthermore (I dont know who actually owned the car) who would have let someone like that drive? He clearly is not a race car driver and is no professional (or amateur for that matter) driver for that matter. If I owned any car like that I wouldn't let someone like him even get close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Yeah but look at it. The damage goes way beyond just body parts as well. It looks as if the frame in the front was distorted and maybe even the chassis itself. Just sounds like a technically challenging hurdle to overcome for the owner.

Furthermore (I dont know who actually owned the car) who would have let someone like that drive? He clearly is not a race car driver and is no professional (or amateur for that matter) driver for that matter. If I owned any car like that I wouldn't let someone like him even get close to it.
    I doubt it would cost more than $1 million to repair.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I am sure you are also aware how many old Ferraris were mysteriously reborn, based on just a very small part of the chassis? (mostly just that part where the chassis number happened to be )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I am sure you are also aware how many old Ferraris were mysteriously reborn, based on just a very small part of the chassis? (mostly just that part where the chassis number happened to be )
    That's not reborn then...

Plus I guess that making steel/aluminium parts is much cheaper than making carbonfibre ones.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah but look at it. The damage goes way beyond just body parts as well. It looks as if the frame in the front was distorted and maybe even the chassis itself.
    the car has front and rear sub-assemblies that are designed to be destructible. the chassis itself is composite and extremely stiff; it will not distort it would only fracture which superficially hasn't happened. Also, if you look at the attached pictures you can see that the carbon chassis ends well behind the front of the car.

the mod who change my thread title from 'Enzo Totaled' was very right to do so. I wanted to change it myself shortly after i posted. i would say the car is easily repairable (but with $$$).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    I say, stop selling supercars to these ppl!!!
    It's not the super car manufacturers fault they keep making money. Stop supporting their work if you want to make a difference.

The price of one movie ticket less for them will really show who's the boss.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    That movie is starting to sound stupider by the second... Sadek is a moron, who the hell get's kicks from watching a Carrera Gt getting destroyed? He even enfatisizes about it saying it had to be a real one!

I say, stop selling supercars to these ppl!!!
    the movie is going to suck, just a bunch of emo women going through menopause while driving throug traffic in supercars. no wonder it has such a stupid storyline.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Thread Information