Thread: Raikkonen pulling an "Alonso"?

Raikkonen pulling an "Alonso"?

We all know now how Alonso signed for McLaren seemingly behind Flavio's back, who not only was his team boss but manager, but whats the likelyhood Raikkonen has played these tactics on McLaren by signing with Ferrari? Dietrich Mateschitz, along with half the field are talking about Kimi signing last year for Ferrari. Kind of amusing really...
    I am the Stig

i think Kimi should stay with McLaren, like Mika Hakkinen did. I mean, it aint even like Ferrari have a good car, and i'd like to see ROSSI in F1, and only Ferrari will introduce him. plus i'll be really annoyed if Kimi leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    i think Kimi should stay with McLaren, like Mika Hakkinen did. I mean, it aint even like Ferrari have a good car, and i'd like to see ROSSI in F1, and only Ferrari will introduce him. plus i'll be really annoyed if Kimi leaves
    I think you will be annoyed this weekend when they announce it. Look at previous leaks like this one., Montoya to McLaren for example. Of course there have been thousands others that lead to nothing, but this one has been taking strength and I believe it's a donde deal.

Silly season is in full effect now... Kimi to Ferrari, Schumacher talking to Renault, Montoya talking to everybody, Redbull talking to everybody and I mean everybody -I'm expecting their call anytime now -... I'm just hoping that this musical chair game ends up with JPM in a Renault with a big zero in his car's nose. I believe that as long as Renault wins they will stay and right now it looks as if they will repeat CWC easily.
    Last edited by magracer; 04-19-2006 at 11:41 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

I seriuosly doubt that montoya would go to renault.. too hard headed for flavio.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Doubt, despite the reports, that Schumacher will leave Ferrari either. He will either retire at the end of the year (most like scenario, I'd say) or he will re-sign for Ferrari. Especially as Ferrari is most likely to be able to offer him some sort of post retirement role in F1.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

If Raikkonen had the smallest worry over being shown up by a driver that's his equal, he would be better off at Ferrari with the chance of Schuey re-signing than staying at McLaren with Alonso. It was this time last year that Alonso showed he had that miniscule amount of....whatever..over Schuey.

JPM seems dead set at Red Bull next to his old pal though. Rossi seems set for a live in MotoGP as its easier on his family.
    I am the Stig

I'm thinking Schumi will stick around in Fuhraree until '08, and then ya' boy Kimi will take over. Sorry for the slang/accents, but I'm bored.

The way I see it Shumacher will stay for '07 in Ferrari to take new golden boy Kimi through the ropes. That is, do a proper handover before he retires form driving as he will stay as a consultant for the team. About Rossi, I think Ferrari will give him a test role before engaging him as race driver if he proves worthy (by '08 the earliest).

If Renault wins the wold championship this year and they stay in F1, who do you guys see at Renault next year? Kovalainen has proven to be fast an is under Briatore's managment so I think he might take a seat; but I think he is too green to be team #1...
    Zag when they Zig

Kovalainen must be guranteed a spot by now.

I think Fisi's going to have to pull a stunner to keep his seat...

Theres been whispers Webber might take the spot he declined for '05, with various rumours doing the rounds such as everything Briatore told Webber would happen if he signed for Williams, has happened; then theres also constant links with Pat Symonds supposedly having a high admiration for Webber. Williams seem confident of re-signing him though, so that could all be optimism from fans..
    I am the Stig

all i know is that if kimi is given a dependable car (ferrari) theres no stopping him

Thread Information