Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg CCX\CCXR Edition

Koenigsegg CCX\CCXR Edition

(from Koenigsegg Press Release) Related Thread Here

Koenigsegg Edition cars.

Due to request from certain Koenigsegg Clients and Customers, Koenigsegg has created a Limited Edition version of it’s sought after cars.

The Koenigsegg Edition comes in two limited versions, the CCX and CCXR models.

It features a 5.0L twin supercharged Koenigsegg engine, together with many other unique features. The car is more track biased compared to the standard models, as it has stiffer springs and anti-roll bars, reset dampers and lowered chassis. It also features a fully visible carbon body a large adjustable rear wing, larger front splitter and side strakes for increased down force and a unique forged wheel design.

The interior is also reworked and features; color matched leather carpets, Edition side step plates, Edition chronograph instrument cluster, New edition only layout for the center consol control panels.

All other extra equipment comes as standard, such as Carbon Wheels, Special interior trim and color, Rearview camera, Satnav or Bluetooth, Amplifiers, complete Inconell exhaust system in order to save weight.

The Edition cars will be built in two different versions, a CCX model limited to 14 cars with 888 bhp and a CCXR (Bio flexi fuel) model limited to 6 cars with 1018 bhp. The price for the 888 hp CCX is 1 330 000 Euro, and 1 500 000 Euro for the 1018 hp CCXR (E85/petrol flex fuel) version. [Editor's note: this is approximately $1,955,632 for the CCX and $2,205,600 for the CCXR.] The two first of each version are already spoken for.

Each car comes with 5 years free Service and Warranty.

Unveiling of the Edition versions will be at the Geneva Motor show in March 2008, where the first delivery will take place.
    specs:
    Price = €1,330,000 & €1,500,000
    Production = 14 & 6 (biofuel)
    Engine = 5 liter V8
    Aspiration = twin superchargers
    HP = 888 hp & 1018 hp (biofuel)
    HP/Liter = 177.6 hp per liter

Koenigsegg Edition 2008 #1

somethings ae confusing in this car....It goes to all these lengths to shed weight, yet it has sat nav, bluetooh and amplifiers... So muchattention went into the aerodynamics of thebody yet the fron lights stick out of the body ...
    Oh and why is there red evywhere?

Id still kill my familly for one though...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Now THATS wicked...

Those pictures look like renderings. And who needs a limited edition Koenigsegg - I would have thought the car on its own would have been enough.

So, this is a Koenigsegg Edition Koenigsegg? Does that seem like a stupid name to anyone else?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I think its just called the Koenigsegg Edition.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

I think its a Koenigsegg Edition available as a CCX and CCXR, the CCX being petrol and the CCXR biofuel. Thats what the press release makes it sound like.

*edit* The renderings dont have either CCX or CCXR as names, so it would seem that this is the basic shape, color, style of the two.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Why would I want to pay $1 million more than a CCXR just to have my extra 2 horses & bare carbon fibre?

Sheesh, and folks thought Lamborghini were kuckoo charging $1.4 million for the Reventon.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I think they are both crazy. I would love to be a salesman for either company. Sell a car or two a year and your set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    *edit* The renderings dont have either CCX or CCXR as names, so it would seem that this is the basic shape, color, style of the two.
    I'd have a look in the region of the registration plate of the 4th pic if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Why would I want to pay $1 million more than a CCXR just to have my extra 2 horses & bare carbon fibre?

Sheesh, and folks thought Lamborghini were kuckoo charging $1.4 million for the Reventon.
    Bugatti is charging something like half a million more for their bare carbon Veyron...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    So muchattention went into the aerodynamics of thebody yet the fron lights stick out of the body ...
    I think that has to do with US regulations. The CCX was developed specifically to meet them, and the Feds don't like headlamp covers. Lotus is running into the same thing with the Elise/Exige, had to get a waver, and can only import limited quantities. I think Koenigsegg may not have gotten a waver, the Feds can be real bitches about them. And the whole thing is stupid because it's basically the automotice equivilent of a blue-law, leftover from the 50s...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Bugatti is charging something like half a million more for their bare carbon Veyron...
    That's still $1.9 million though as the Veyron is $1.4 million. So, would you rather have a bare carbon fibre Veyron @ $1.9 million, or the bare carbon fibre for $3 million more? I think people would be nuts either way.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I'd take a blue CCX with the 9-spoke carbon fiber rims over this anyday

Koenigsegg CCXR Edition #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (508.5 KB, 84 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (497.0 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (734.3 KB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (524.3 KB, 54 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (957.8 KB, 35 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (922.3 KB, 49 views)

Thread Information