Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Sofa King We Todd Did

I'm Sofa King We Todd Did

Today was not my best day.

So, here it goes.

It's about 12:30, it's sunny, roads are dry. Everything is fine, I'm with a friend of mine listening to kickass tunes perhaps too loud in the bright, flashy orange Cobalt. I'm waiting inline in a lane that joins the highway about 40 meters away, the woman in front of me is accelerating, I look back behind me, everything is clear, no oncoming traffic. So I accelerate, than I hear my friends shout "watch out!", I look in front of me, jump on the brakes as hard as I can seeing the woman decided to slam the brakes for no reason, but to no avail, BANG. I looked behind me for about a second, no more. I was accelerating, she was too, there was no traffic. Why did she brake? I have no idea. If the way was clear for me to go, it certainly was for her too. I can see the Cobalt's hood is not shaped round anymore, which is not a good thing. At that point in time the only thought I have is: F**k. The woman doesn't even react, she leaves and disappear in the distance. She leaves. It's criminal y'know.

There's a lot of traffic waiting behind me so I pull out of the way, accelerate carefully to about 50 km/h to eventually stop the car on the side of the road when possible. That's when the hood pops open, hitting the windshield, thankfully not breaking it, but blinding me, I put the hazards on and slowly brake taking care not to be hit from behind, I'm forced to stop the car in the middle of the right lane on the highway since I don't know where I'm going, I quickly go out, close the hood, hear that it closed properly, thankfully, and I manage to get back home at about 60 km/h.

Results: Well, between $2,500 and $3,000 in damage, furious parents, I have to pay them $500 cash to cover the insurances, and said insurances will raise by $700 next year.

I'm furious.

Huh...I saw a similar accident this morning.

A beige Mazda Protege can't stop in time for the red light and rear-ends the Corolla in front. The Mazda is crumpled, yet the Toyota only has a scraped bumper.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stupid c*nts FTL.

Oh dear.

I'd be putting those plans for your own car on hold till you fix this one.

Did you at least get her number plate? stupid Cows FTL
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Oh dear.

I'd be putting those plans for your own car on hold till you fix this one.

Did you at least get her number plate? stupid Cows FTL
    No, I didn't manage to see anything before the hood popped open effectively killing any chance I had to see her number plate. Anyway, insurances say I'm responsible (I'm the one who hit her) so any damage she had were to be paid by me, but she left so... alright then if you prefer to pay yourself!

perhaps she was just embarrassed to be hit by a Slowbalt.

and yeah, the rear-end of a nose-tail is almost 99% of the time considered responsible. you shouldn't have been following so close

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    perhaps she was just embarrassed to be hit by a Slowbalt.

and yeah, the rear-end of a nose-tail is almost 99% of the time considered responsible. you shouldn't have been following so close
    Yeah I know, it's a bad habit I have to follow a little bit too close. There was approximately a car length and a half between me and her when we began accelerating. It was more than enough when nobody is supposed to jump on the brakes.

Monday I'll know if I get the new job or not, if I get it, I can pay the $500 I owe my parents and my quest for a new car will be pushed back by only two weeks. Not too bad after all...

It could be a lot worse dude - you or your mate could be injured.

and in the end $500 works out well for something that supposedly damaging.

that sucks..i am feeling for you. I guess her damage is minimal, but she can't claim it against you if she scarpered.

On my insurance I have a small excess but according to the "young drivers act" i have an additional mandatory £250 excess...because im under 24. Im starting to think seriously about my distances and right turns etc. On the motorway I was so nearly contacted by cars pulling out violently about 3 times on my 300 mile journey.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I'm waiting inline in a lane that joins the highway about 40 meters away, the woman in front of me is accelerating, I look back behind me, everything is clear, no oncoming traffic. So I accelerate
    So you hadn't started to move off yet, looked behind you (why?) and then started accelerating before looking back forwards?

Is that right? Because that's ****ing weird.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    So you hadn't started to move off yet, looked behind you (why?) and then started accelerating before looking back forwards?

Is that right? Because that's ****ing weird.
    Well no I didn't explain it correctly. I started accelerating (gently) in the lane before joining the highway when I saw the woman in front was accelerating, I looked behind me to see if the way was clear (blind spot), when I saw it was clear I accelerated even more before looking back in front of me. As I said, I looked behind me for a second, and I was sure the woman was still accelerating because I saw her do so. If the way was clear for me it was for her too, and she had to check her blind spot before I did, so it doesn't make sense to me she braked.

You can always blame my lack of driving experience though. Maybe it's the way I explain it, but I did everything I was told to do in driving lessons. My teachers kept telling me I was too slow when joining highways so I can't be blamed for having accelerated too fast.

This thread is worthless without pics.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics.
    As I told you yesterday, I don't want pics of that. Just picture in your head a Cobalt with a bumper, a grill and a hood in bad shape.

Sucks dude. I had a similar experience in Orlando Florida when an old lady put on her brakes for no apparent reason, dead center in the right lane of Interstate 4. luckily the crash happened at less than 20mph due to construction ahead and the car only had a scratched bumper.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

yeah some of these traffic laws are mad retarded

ie. if a tardling decides to jump in front of you on purpose and you hit the tardling, it is your fault
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Thread Information