Thread: Subaru B5-TBH Concept

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Subaru B5-TBH Concept

Swedish press release, not that expect many of you understand...
    Boxerhybrid och unika batterier
    i ny konceptbil från Subaru.
    • Boxerhybrid med 260 hästkrafter
    • Miller-princip, minskar bränsleförbrukningen
    • Unika batterier laddar 95% på 5 minuter

På Tokyo Motor Show kommer Subaru att visa en av sina största nyheter någonsin inom hybridteknik. Konceptbilen B5-TPH är utrustad med en helt ny typ av hybridmotor och helt unika batterier med extrem kapacitet.
    Allt i en miljövänlig crossover med båda prestanda och framkomlighet.
    Subaru B5-TPH är en tredörrars crossover. Dess motor utvecklar hela 260 hästkrafter och drivlinan är, precis som övriga Subaru-modeller, symmetrisk 4-hjulsdrift. B5-TPH är byggd på sportbilsteknik samtidigt som bränsleförbrukning och miljöpåverkan hålls på ett minimum.
    Framkomligheten är hög med 20 cm markfrigång och 19 tums hjul.

Boxerhybrid med Miller-princip för minskad bränsleförbrukning

Drivningen i B5-TPH sker med en helt ny hybridmotor: TPH – ”Turbo Parallell Hybrid”. Förbränningsdelen är som i alla Subaru en Boxermotor. I detta fall en Boxer 4:a på 2.0-liter med turbo.

Den nya motorn är konstruerad enligt ”Miller-principen”. Vilket betyder att insugsventilen är öppen en stund efter det att kolven varit nere i botten och vänt med mottryck av turbon. Den egentliga kompressionstakten börjar efter kanske 20-30% av ”vägen upp”, så kompressionsfasen är bara 70-80% av kolvens rörelse, men full kompression uppnås ändå.
    Energivinsten kommer av att kolven respektive turbon används för att komprimera luften vid de varvtal där den gör det bäst; Turbon vid låga och kolven vid höga. Det leder till en energibesparing på 10-15 %.

Bakom motorn sitter en mycket kompakt el-motor på 10kW och 150 Nm. Den används dels vid ren el-drift, men också för att ge extra kraft vid acceleration från stillastående.

Den nya motorn är planerad att gå i produktion under 2007.

Unika batterier
    Den kanske största nyheten är de helt unika batterier som Fuji Heavy Industries och elektronikjätten NEC utvecklat i ett gemensamt bolag. Batterierna är av mangan litium-jon typ och kan ta 95 % laddning på 5 minuter.

Den nya batteritypen har en kraftigt förhöjd energitäthet, vilket betyder att de kan lagra mycket energi på en liten volym. Dessutom är den mycket snabb på att ackumulera och leverera energin. Tekniken bygger på att den negativa elektroden är gjord av ett nytt material där litium-jon är inneslutet i en kolblandning, medan elektrolyten är gjord av litium. Tekniken kallas ”pre-doping” och ökar differensen i batteriet, och därigenom möjligheten att få ut mer energi.
    Den nya batteriitypen ska kunna lagra dubbelt så mycket energi som de batterier som finns på marknaden idag.

Man räknar även med att dessa batterier ska kunna bli ett alternativ till konventionella blybatterier i många andra applikationer.
    FÖR MER INFORMATION KONTAKTA:
    Fredrik Tottie, PR chef, International Motors (Nordic) AB
    E-mail: [email protected]
    www.subaru.se
    Tel: 042-490 49 27 Mobil: 0708-99 49 27
    Well, ok, i'll try to translate it:

Boxerhybrid and unique batteries
    in a new concept car from Subaru.
    • Boxerhybrid with 260 horsepower
    • The Miller principe, reduces the fuel-consumption
    • Unique batteries charges 95% in 5 minutes

On Tokyo Motor Show will Subaru reveal one of its biggest news ever according to hybrid technics. The concept car B5-TPH is equiped with a whole new type of hybrid engine and all unique batteries with extreme capacity.
    All in a nature friendly crossover with both performace and manouverability.
    Subaru B5-TPH is a three door crossover. It's engine produces whole 260 horsepowers and the powertrain is, like in all Subaru, based on symmetrical 4 wheel drive. B5-TPH is built on sports car technology concurrently as the fuel-consumption and nature influeces is kept on minimum.
    The manouverability high with 20 cm between the ground and the car and 19" wheels.

Boxer hybrid with Miller principe to reduce the fuel consumption

The power in B5-TPH comes from a whole new hybrid engine: TPH – ”Turbo Parallell Hybrid”. The combustion part is like in all Subaru a Boxer engine. In this case a Boxer 4 on 2.0-liters with turbo.

The new engine is built according to ”The Miller principe”. Which means that the intake valve is open a while after the piston has been down to the bottom and turned back with pressure against by the turbo. The real compression rate starts after maybe 20-30% of ”the way up”, so the compression phase is just 70-80% of the piston's movement, but maximum compression reaches anyways.
    The energy profit comes because of the piston respective the turbo usess för to compress the air at the number of rotations when it does it best; The turbo at low and the piston at high. This leads to a energy saving of 10-15 %.

Behind the engine is an electric engine of 10kW and 150 Nm placed. It's used partly at pure electricity driving, but also ot give extra power at acceleration from still standing.

The new engine is planned to start producing in 2007.

Unique batteries
    The maybe biggest news is the all unique batteries as Fuji Heavy Industries and the elektronic giant NEC developed in a common business. The batteries is of a mangan litium ion type and can take 95 % charging in 5 minutes.

The new type of batteries has a strongly increased energy density, which means that they are able to store much energy on a small volume. In addition it is very fast to accumulate and deliver the energy. The technique is build on that the negative electrode is made of a new material where litium ion is covered in a carbon mix, and the electrolyte is made of litium. The technique is called ”pre-doping” and increases the difference in the batteriy, and therefor the possibility to get out more energy.
    The new type of batterries will be able to store twice as much energy as the batteries available on the market today.

We also thinks that these batteries will be an alternative to usual lead batteries in many other applications.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
    Fredrik Tottie, PR master, International Motors (Nordic) AB
    E-mail: [email protected]
    www.subaru.se
    Telephone: 042-490 49 27 Mobil-phone: 0708-99 49 27
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carweb; 10-22-2005 at 12:50 PM.

english would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    english would help a lot
    Don't have any english press release, sorry. If i had I would post it.
    Last edited by carweb; 10-22-2005 at 12:52 PM.

Subaru B5-TPH #2

Subaru B5-TPH #3

Subaru B5-TPH #4

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carweb
    Don't have any english, sorry. If i had I would post it.
    netither does anywhere else unfortuanatly, i cant find any translators

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    english would help a lot
    beggers can't be choosers
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

bet that won't make it into production...

Well, they say it is a completelly new concept of hybrid engine which could go to series production till 2007. It is based on something called Miller-princip. There are some tricks combining the actions of inlet engine ventils, the piston position and direction of movement and the turbo super charger which should increase the engine efficiency. This power egg includes a compact electric engine and a completelly new type of mangan-lithium batteries developed by Fuji Heavy Industries. They are said to be able to have 95% of their output after 5 minutes of loading and their output is double of the conventional types of batteries.
    Sorry I am not able to provide a better translation, my knowledge of the Swedish is strictly limited.
    Last edited by jaromull; 10-22-2005 at 11:56 AM.

Subaru has issued the following press release:

Subaru at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), a global manufacturer of transportation and aerospace-related products and the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced the major features of its vehicles and technologies, which will be exhibited at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show 2005, which will open its doors to the public in Makuhari Messe, Chiba from October 19 to November 6.

With the key word "Think. Feel. Drive. - Creating new value through the crossover concept", Subaru's core message is to appeal a car that realizes pleasurable driving, very high safety and excellent environmental performance. In the booth, the concept car "B5-TPH" which equipped with original hybrid system "Turbo parallel hybrid (TPH)", technology exhibit "IVX-II" next generation of intelligent vehicle which ensuring driving pleasure, comfort, and advanced safety, and new crossover vehicle "B9 TRIBECA" (US model) will be exhibited. By exhibiting these vehicles, Subaru will appeal the new areas of driving pleasure and new functions by integrating the different values.

Major exhibits of Subaru booth

B5-TPH -concept car- The B5-TPH concept car was designed around the concept theme of a car for long-weekend gataways get aways for couples. The vehicle develops the theme of crossover elements in a future car .a crossover between a gasoline engine and electric motor, and between a sport wagon and sport utility vehicle (SUV). Incorporating Subaru's signature Symmetrical All Wheel Drive (AWD), the concept car provides an efficiency and comfort glimpse of a future sport specialty car that further enriches the efficiency and comfort.

Major features of the B5-TPH
    1. The Turbo Parallel Hybrid (TPH) power train, a new AWD hybrid system, has been applied to 2.0liter Horizontally-Opposed turbo charged engine in the B5-TPH
    2. By combining the electric motor and the Miller cycle boxer turbo engine (2.0L), the engine has achieved fuel economy improvements and reduced CO2 emissions. This superb, all-range performance is enabled by the motor assist feature, a motor that is designed to boost engine torque at low revolutions.
    3. The vehicle promises versatile handling and maneuverability both on and rough road with its ground clearance of 200 mm and large-diameter tires.
    4. The designs express the pleasure of driving, and of being driven as a passenger. Blending beautiful lines and the characteristics of the sport wagon, personal coupe and SUV, the car accentuates the crossover of its designs and function.

A translation made by me available in the first post now... Hope it helps

Well, there was not any too serious a mistake in my short info, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    Well, there was not any too serious a mistake in my short info, I guess.
    Nope, don't think so... My translation ain't perfect eighter, mainly because of restricted english knowledge.

Thread Information