Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 575 GTZ by Zagato

Ferrari 575 GTZ by Zagato

Zagato Villa d'Este 2006

Yoshiyuki Hayashi is a famous Japanese car collector, who owns numerous cars of great historical value, including several Ferraris such as the 166MM, the 250 Spider California, two Daytonas – a coupé and a spider – and the Enzo. In the classic tradition of the keen purchaser of exclusive cars who stimulated the creativeness of Italian coachbuilders in the 1950s and 1960s, Yushiyuki Hayashi asked Zagato if it would be possible to create a body for his 575M, in the style of the famous 250GTZ berlinetta. When Zagato received this request, it informed Ferrari of the project, which would be a
    good opportunity to celebrate the model’s anniversary, and then created a car that harked back to the 250 GTZ, built around the Ferrari 575.
    Like its forebear, the 575 GTZ has an all-aluminium body, and, as a tribute to Ferrari and to two-seater Italian sports cars, it has joined the exclusive group of cars that are the fruit of the tradition of custom-built cars.
    Like the 250 GTZ, it sports two-tone paintwork with styling cues and volumes that explicitly refer back to the 1950s, and sublimates the character of the many cars built by Zagato to clothe original engineering, with the pure style of traditional sports cars. For Zagato, the project represented an opportunity to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Ferrari 250 GTZ of 1956, one of the most outstanding GT cars, which has already gone down in history.
    The model, which was also commissioned by a gentleman driver and collector, in the best Zagato tradition, is a sublime synthesis of prestige and performance, elegance and sportiness, to the point that it can boast the highest value of any car in the luxury period sports car market. The 250 GTZ has won numerous competitions and concours d’élégance, and it represents a dream come true, because experts and fans consider it one of the most
    beautiful cars in the world. The new 575 GTZ has the Ferrari prancing horse on its bonnet and the Z of Zagato on its side, an expression of eternal Italian excellence in its form and content. It is a winning combination, linking the most powerful, famous engineering in the world with the most refined, fascinating sporting style, both made strictly in Italy.
    The concept of sporty elegance, functional design that does not merely follow the trend of the moment but strives for pure performance, and the ultra-light aluminium body are Zagato’s strengths which become a universally recognised value. Just as in the 1956, the 250GTZ was showed at the most important concours d’elegance, 50 years later, the 575GTZ will be presented in a world premier at Villa D’Este Concours D’Elegance, Cernobbio (Italy) April 22 th -24th.
    And here it is, courtesy to Autovisie:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rijoh; 04-03-2006 at 05:50 AM.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Yep, you can definitely tell it is a Zagato.

Classy!

One of the best Ferrari's since years, to bad it's a one timer
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Two cars have already been completed.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That is one very good looking car. It reminds me of older, better looking Ferraris.

Too bad Ferrari don't have the wherewithal to come up with something this ugly by themselves isn't it.

Instead we have the sparkling designs from Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder Designs Ltd, or Pininfarina as it is also apparently known.

The sides and the rear look like they could have used a few more than 5 mins being designed to lend it that final "this isn't 4 or 5 cars that have had a bad accident" air of completeness, but I suppose the "bad accident" links nicely into Ferrari's "mainstream" contemporary designs.

Points for trying though.
    Thanks for all the fish

No Sale.

I love the 575, and that just does not do it justice. I know that Zagato is capable of great designs, but to me, that is not one of them.

The 575 was great as a Maranello and SuperAmerica.

It doesn't need a GTZ model.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Did anyone else think Ford Thunderbird when they first saw the front?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

very nice....wish i could say the same about the current crop of ferraris. particularly the 599 GTB, Enzo and 612 Scagletti. They are all too fussy, and not beautiful. Too bad really, because Ferrari is really upping its game, performance-wise.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

My goodness! That has to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen come out of Italy. Thats even worse than the 612.

After the Berlinetta, there comes the Spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Then will they make a wagon, crossover and SUV?

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

How do you fake those pictures in the first post? They look pretty real to me, although the quality isn't that great, it'd be pretty hard for it all to be a chop.

Thread Information