Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ford Super Duty Unveiled (F-250, F-350 and now F-450!)

2008 Ford Super Duty Unveiled (F-250, F-350 and now F-450!)

New Ford Super Duty
    Thanks to LeftLaneNews!

Quote Originally Posted by LeftLaneNews
    Ford today unveiled the 2008 Ford Super Duty pickup series. Offered in three cab styles – Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab – and with two bed lengths, the new Super Duty will be available in early 2007. A new 6.4-liter Power Stroke Diesel will be offered, delivering 350 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 650 lb.-ft. of torque starting at 2,000 rpm. It features a high-pressure, common rail fuel system, Piezo-electric fuel injectors and an advanced diesel particulate filter system. Transmission choices include a six-speed manual with overdrive or a TorqShift five-speed automatic.

For 2008, the model line has been expanded to include the F-450. "The F-450 pickup doesn't just raise the bar for heavy duty pickups, it tosses it out. Game over," said Mark Fields, President of the Americas. "Every aspect of the new line of Super Duty trucks, including capability enhancements, design changes and feature innovations is uniquely designed after spending a great deal of time talking with – and listening to – our customers."

-----------------------------------------------

I love it. It looks so mean!! And apparently it's got a new high tech diesel...

I've heard a few remarks saying thatthe carry over body work makes it look older. I say it makes it look better It adds to the mean factor. If you look at the new chev Silverado heavy duty it's just too pansy, the new body work looking pussy.

Heaps of High res pictures:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/...0-f-350-f-450/
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    What a monster. I love it.
    .....likes NASCAR

IMO the competition from Chev looks almost feminine...just look at the rear wheel arch/bulge...The almost old school style F series looks so much tougher.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    IMO the competition from Chev looks almost feminine...just look at the rear wheel arch/bulge...The almost old school style F series looks so much tougher.
    Yet I know people who have had both, and they say the fords suck
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Yet I know people who have had both, and they say the fords suck
    I wonder why Ford have held the market in top spot for so long..?

But the Chevy does look like a girl's car in comparison... wheels are too small, body isn't tough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I wonder why Ford have held the market in top spot for so long..?

But the Chevy does look like a girl's car in comparison... wheels are too small, body isn't tough enough.
    That may have been a slightly bias statement.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by LeftLaneNews
    Mark Fields, President of the Americas.
    A rather egotistic statement.
    Thanks for all the fish

it's just too pansy, the new body work looking pussy.

Since when does a big grille equate to a big d--k? IMHO, the Ford is trying too hard which leads me to think that it has feelings of inadequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77

Since when does a big grille equate to a big d--k? IMHO, the Ford is trying too hard which leads me to think that it has feelings of inadequacy.
    LOL

I can believe that! I think Ford was just overtaken by Toyota as the second biggest car maker in "North America"! (Or second best selling)
    "I am more impressed by a fast, clean, car cruising slow,,, than a riced out, slow car, driving fast."
    Come see us at:
    www.street-royalty.piczo.com

The Super duty trucks are a blast to drive and an absolute monster. I like the new truck alot.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Since when were we talking about dick size relative to the grille on your truck? The Ford is tougher, don't make excuses for that.

And inadequacy? 29 years of truck leadership really makes the Super duty feel inadequate.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Jesus f***ing christ! This whole category of car is simply a symbol of inadequacy, whol cares about the grille, thats simply a minor point.

Oh and btw, the F450 is not new. Ford have been making 450's, 550's, 650's and 750's for a while. The 650 and 750's look like prime movers.
    I am the Stig

The F-450 pick-up is new. There have been F-450s, but in the form of trucks. The F-450 pickup is designed to comepletely go out of reach of it's competitors. IIRC Ford said it was a challenge to keep it in the bounds of being called a pick-up.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 09-29-2006 at 09:13 PM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thats a laugh. The F350 already is so heavy its void of particular emission regulations, regulations aimed for trucks. The F450 and F550 have always had the super duty body as well, so Ford are just spinning shit with this.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    The F-450 pick-up is new. There have been F-450s, but in the form of trucks. The F-450 pickup is designed to comepletely go out of reach of it's competitors. IIRC Ford said it was a challenge to keep it in the bounds the being called a pick-up.
    So basically they've done everything they can to stop it being classified as a small truck
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information