Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who can't accept homosexuality...

Anyone who can't accept homosexuality...

Anyone who can't accept homosexuality is a prick. It has nothing to do with Religion, it's just human. It's a occurs in some humans and animals, just like something like blindness or lactose intolerance. They can't help it, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Yes, of course everyone has their own views, but you're not unreasonable when your views dictate that people who can't accept something natural are assholes.

Vent over, lets see if anyone can respond without bringing any religious fanatacism into this.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 12-12-2005 at 02:07 AM.

why did you bring this forward as an issue?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You cant expect people not to bring religion into it

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    why did you bring this forward as an issue?
    Because its an issue I feel strongly about. I'm not a homosexual, but I know a few, and I sure as hell hate watching people get bashed for something natural that wasn't their choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    I realise that its pretty hard to expect this, but I'd like to see people try to justify their views using logic.

which is the main problem relating to a lot of issues. If only people starting thinking for themselves
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Because its an issue I feel strongly about. I'm not a homosexual, but I know a few, and I sure as hell hate watching people get bashed for something natural that wasn't their choice to make.

I realise that its pretty hard to expect this, but I'd like to see people try to justify their views using logic.
    To a lot of people religion is the only reason they need wether it be logical or not.

To a lot of people religion is the only reason they need wether it be logical or not.
    people like their daily brainwash

I know that alot of people my age find stuff wrong with it. Most of them just think its sick... Personally I have nothing against them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I know that alot of people my age find stuff wrong with it. Most of them just think its sick... Personally I have nothing against them at all.
    No kidding? thats what to expect from your age group.

Now when you hear one complain about how painful it is to sit down, then it is sick.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

So then it's only a crutch for their existence and they ain't going to heaven
    oh damn, I'm keeping a religious comment going ......
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

No kidding? thats what to expect from your age group.
    Can you justify that stupid comment ?

how old ARE you ??

There are many, MANY with the same view across all age groups. I've met them

It's refreshing to see a "christian" attitude -- that he doesn't like it but does NOT hold it as a grudge or a problem. zing!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Here is an article that discusses homosexuality and other morality issues without using religion as its main argument.

http://www.narth.com/docs/whypsych.html

Americans Cannot Afford A Value-Free Psychology
    So, why then must psychology change? Because most Americans, and the world, cannot afford a value-free psychology. At the very least, the active ignoring or rejection of religious tenets is a grandiose assertion that religion provides little to no "intelligence" about the human condition.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Can you justify that stupid comment ?

how old ARE you ??

There are many, MANY with the same view across all age groups. I've met them

It's refreshing to see a "christian" attitude -- that he doesn't like it but does NOT hold it as a grudge or a problem. zing!
    stupid comment?

im 24 and unless you deal with kids that age everyday you cant really comment on it

Makes sense - they might think its the only reason they need, but only because they ignore logic, and thus, haven't bothered to think to consider anything else. If you can't justify something using logic and facts, how are you supposed to argue at all?

Thread Information