Thread: Lada C Concept

Lada C Concept

Geneva Motor Show 2007

LADA LOOKS TO THE FUTURE WITH MAGNASTEYR ENGINEERED C CONCEPT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Lada ever make a comeback to the UK? It’s not impossible – and a new concept car on the Russian manufacturer’s stand shows that the company’s next-generation of cars will be a far cry from the old Communist-era Rivas and Samaras of the past.

The Lada C is an aggressive-looking C-segment three-door hot hatch, powered by a 2-litre petrol engine, and is the first fruits of Lada-maker AvtoVAZ’s new alliance with contract manufacturer MagnaSteyr. The new platform will become the base for the next generation of Lada production cars, which will be launched in the near future, according to Lada spokesman Denis Metalnikov.

MagnaSteyr has designed the platform, but AvtoVAZ’s own Russian designers have styled the Lada C, which is part of a family of cars to be built on the platform, including a sedan, a five-door hatch, a compact MPV and a crossover. All the vehicles will comply with stringent European emissions and safety regulations, and will be built at a new plant being set up on AvtoVAZ’s vast Togliatti factory, and which will be managed by MagnaSteyr, Metalnikov said.

Strong sales in Russia have kept Lada alive – the company still builds around 700,000 cars a year. And it exports its current models to left-hand drive markets in Europe: at Geneva it showed new variants of the Kalina small car, including a 1.6-litre GHTI version and a new estate body.

AvtoVAZ also has a joint venture with General Motors, building the Lada-developed Niva SUV and SKD versions of the new Chevrolet Captiva. And it is in talks with Renault about setting up another production line to build the Logan ‘world car’.

source: newspress.co.uk
    Attached Images Attached Images

For a Lada it looks amazing. For a car quite bad.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I see resemblence to like 3 different cars including Renault and Scion. Since its Lada though Im sure it'll be crap.

Its definitaly an interesting design, if they can come upwith good reliable engines, and keep the price low they cpould definatly make us forget the ladas of old.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I actually like it.

seen it in geneve, reminds mitsu a lot
    12 cylinders or walk!

I really hate the big grill style that's been used on Mitsubishi, VW and Audi and now Lada. It's hideous

At first sight I thought it wasn't bad, I've always liked aggressive looks on cars.

But looking at it further, it looks very heavy and there's a lot of details that I can't understand, like the lower edge of the rear side window; I'd consider it a lot less ugly if it was straight instead of curved up. Then there's the rear pic, in which the front end of the car looks like a big block with wheels in it. And the rear lights, are they a bad rip-off of a Fiat Stilo or a Volvo C30?

There's still lots of old Ladas in the streets here, but I just can't imagine that selling significantly.

I know, an old thread, but...
    There are no Captivas built by GM and AvtoVAZ. This model is being produced in Saint-Petersburg at different plant. Talking about GM and AvtoVAZ, besides Chevrolet Niva they produce one more common car called Chevrolet Viva (which actually is a previous Opel Astra Sedan).

That's a Lada? Well done for Lada. Well done.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Let me say the cars that have influenced this lada a lot. It is a combination of Fiat stillo, Kia ceed, Audi A3 and a little Toyota corolla in the front bumper. There are more but these were the similarities I could find right now.
    www.myspace.com/djthanas
    www.myspace.com/fetameriganoi

Quote Originally Posted by Thanas View Post
    Let me say the cars that have influenced this lada a lot. It is a combination of Fiat stillo, Kia ceed, Audi A3 and a little Toyota corolla in the front bumper. There are more but these were the similarities I could find right now.
    Don't think that Cee'd really influenced this car, cause it was shown in spring.

On external contours of a body reminds the Golf or Polo.

Thread Information