Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons to wait for PS3

I can't w8 for PS3 I have bbeen gone with playstation since the first one and will continue till the last (hope that never happens)
    ________
    Glass Bubblers
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:46 PM.

I think it's the capability of doing 1080P(1920x1080 Progressive) that 120fps is refering to. PS2, and most of the HD hardware can only do 1080i(1920x1080 Interlaced). On a 60hz refresh rate screen it outputs half of the the infomation at a time, and alternates to the other half on the next cycle. So it refreshes at 60hz per half of the screen per second. While in P mode, it does 60hz for the entire screen, effectively processing twice the frames per second. That'd be my guess of what they are refering to. 1080P is the highest of the high at the moment for consumer level Hi-Def viewing, and only computers with high end HD capable graphic card can handle it at the moment....

Can't wait for the PS3! My cousin is getting the 360 so I can go over to his house (Few houses down) and play the 360.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

The 120 FPS doesn't matter. First off, there is no way that they will make a game that runs at 120 FPS. I don't care how powerful the hardware is. It may be capable of doing 120 FPS in a given game, but any game that looks good isn't going to be able to reach anywhere near 100 FPS. Secondly, there aren't any tv's that could display 120 FPS. The max "refresh rate" of a cathode ray tv is what, like 30 frames a second? 120 frames might be good for physics calculaitons and such, but you're not going to notice an improvement in game over 60 fps. The actual FPS you'll see will be very game dependent unless sony makes some sort of demand on developers to hit a target FPS, which they have yet to do and which I don't see them doing.

To racingmaniac: all computers display in progressive. Even when they receive an interlaced signal, that signal is processed through the graphics hardware and upscaled to progressive. As far as the resolution, displaying 1080 on a monitor requires hella high resolution, something like 1900x1200. Displaying 1080P does require a decent system, but it relies more on the processor speed than the graphics card, because all of the decoding is done by the CPU.

**** PS3, XBox STILL reigns SUPREME!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    **** PS3, XBox STILL reigns SUPREME!!!...
    Nice argument, you should be a lawyer... there seems to be no limit to your debating talents.

for me, i only need two:
    1)F1 (panorama on two HD TVs at the same time)
    2)GT5 (Vision GT)
    and maybe if we're lucky in the US
    3)WRC

oh and Virtua Fighter 5
    and HD DVDs
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 11-24-2005 at 04:08 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    PS3 is definitely the console that is worth to get, since PC's already better than X360 before its launch. Running any games in 120fps is impossible, unless you're talking about games with crap graphics.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

said well wait a year...:'(
    thanks for the link tho!
    All about the t-tops

here's a tip guys, ask your parents to buy you both
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

no i'll buy both eventually, but i'll get my parents to buy me a good PC....
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

PS2 was a great console. I loved GT4. However, I'm more on the PS3's side.

To racingmaniac: all computers display in progressive. Even when they receive an interlaced signal, that signal is processed through the graphics hardware and upscaled to progressive. As far as the resolution, displaying 1080 on a monitor requires hella high resolution, something like 1900x1200. Displaying 1080P does require a decent system, but it relies more on the processor speed than the graphics card, because all of the decoding is done by the CPU.
    Computer yes, but TV no. Most new graphic card can output 720P or 1080i on your new HDTV set(via either a component cable, a DVI, or a HDMI port). Higher end ones can do 1080P running smoothly or not is another thing, though new video cards do offer HD decoding on the GPU itself. Most monitor won't support 16:9 resolution anyway, as they tend to be geared towards 4:3. And most LCD monitor are limited to 1280x1024 native. Larger CRTs(19"+) have much higher resolution. When output to a HDTV set(or any TV set in general), the computer outputs in interlace mode unless otherwise specified(on my 6600GT you can choose 720P or 1080i when used with my Sony LCD Wega).

since I got the 360 for $250 canadian and I can get the PS3 for half price, I'll get both.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    since I got the 360 for $250 canadian and I can get the PS3 for half price, I'll get both.
    How?
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Thread Information