Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons to buy Revolution over 360........

Who makes this revolution and what is it?
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    again dont get me wrong guys, I will buy the revolution. I say $200 for access to every nes, snes, 64, and gamecube game sounds great!

But i do not beleive nintendo will be able to keep up with sony and microsoft for much longer....even the gameboy cant save them...psp already owns that department....dont even get me started with the DS
    I don't know, but perhaps Nintendo wants to segment into the market by being cheap and offering good bang for its buck and great games. There are other ways competing (i hope) than by adding more and more powerful processors. I'm not convinced about the PSP owning either, Nintendo's portables seems to be selling here at least, although again Sony's product is the "must have" for many.
    uhhh, all this typing has got me tired...360 TIME!
    I second that. icks up controller and presses the green X:
    Hmm, it's 7:21 AM here... Oh well.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

yeah i read the article chances are though it will not be a very powerful system...i mean look at the size of it...unless nintendo has discovered a way to make things super small....there is no way it will compete (graphics wise) with PS3 or 360...not to mention that little part about it not supporting HD tv's

IMHO, nintendo is taking a huge risk with this console, i think it is possible this will be another dreamcast situation

First you have to know what you're talking about before you talk shit.

A) Nintendo kicks ass. their prime goal is making quality games and innovative hardware, which is precisely what they're doing.

B) They aren't taking risks. They can't. While their games and systems don't really compete with XBOX and Playstation, they still make a profit because they don't blow their entire wad on marketing, and they have a large amount of faithful fans, and there's a bunch of other things involved that I've long since forgotten. I'll have to go read up on that and edit my post later.

C) Nintendo, as such, can afford to take their games in new directions. It's dumbasses like you that don't get it; I don't want to buy a revolution just to play the exact same games I can play on 360 and PS3. I don't want a system that has the exact same features my other consoles have. There are already two "generic" systems that play the same sorts of games that people like you are expecting. Nintendo is the other company doing things outside the box that only Nintendo can pull off, due to the fact that they have the best experience with innovation.

D) If you think the Legend of Zelda blows and is not worth a nintendo system, I feel sorry for you. Some of the best games in the world including Zelda have and continue to be released on nintendo systems, and that won't change.

E) don't knock it until you play it. You're worried about graphics, who the **** cares? Nintendo isn't out to create hardware that simply outperforms the competition, they package their machinery to be the most efficient, to be the most durable, the easiest to use both for the player and developer. They're out to create excellent games that entertain everyone of all audiences, not just a specific crowd. And if you think about it, that controller is genius.

Call me a fanboy if you like, but I'm not the one sticking my nose up at something I know F-all about. I, personally, will probably get all three at some point (although not right away), because they all have games I'm interested in playing and I'm not one to shun other systems for lack of intelligence, werty.

Edit: Damn it, werty, quit changing your tune.

SolidStradale, the Revolution is Nintendo's new console.
    Last edited by Radoman; 12-06-2005 at 11:25 PM.

Personally, i don't like the Revolution. The controller, well i've seen the video of it in action, and dear oh dear i dont want to look like a *fag whilst playing video games thankyou. Stick to a winning formula. Nintendo lack first party support, another reason why i will stay away from it. You say the 360 and ps3 are generic, but you fail to realise that they lack the first party support, and if i may say so, some third party, to really get the ball rolling against the big two. I'm not a rpg fan or watever genre Zelda falls into, but i respect thier impact on gaming. FPS do it for me, and as far as im concerned, ps3 and revolution won't even come effing close.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

IGN = anti xbox360, very obvious and blatant, despite just about every other site on the net giving the 360 launch titles high 9's and what not, ign fail to do so. They have articles such as ps3 over 360 and now revolution over 360. Even thier movie reviews are skewed and biased. Despite being a mainstream gaming site i tend to stay away from IGN and lean towards gamespy, gamespot and others for more unbiased reviews, news etc.

- The line for the PS3

look at the 360's powerpack! thats a bloody joke that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    IGN = anti xbox360, very obvious and blatant, despite just about every other site on the net giving the 360 launch titles high 9's and what not, ign fail to do so. They have articles such as ps3 over 360 and now revolution over 360. Even thier movie reviews are skewed and biased. Despite being a mainstream gaming site i tend to stay away from IGN and lean towards gamespy, gamespot and others for more unbiased reviews, news etc.
    I doubt IGN is biased, although you have to keep in mind ALL reviews are subjective. From what I've seen IGN has been quite accurate in a majority of their reviews. Games get far too good reviews these days anyway, I don't understand why you should give mediocre games "high 9's" just because "they're new"... If a game gets 8½ doesn't mean it sucks.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    -Nintendo kicks ass.

-They aren't taking risks. their games and systems don't really compete with XBOX and Playstation

-the Legend of Zelda blows and is not worth a nintendo system.

-that controller is genius.

-Call me a fanboy if you like .
    what to say... what to say
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

^^^ Werty, your quote confused the hell out of me at first
    Really, I just calls em like I sees em.

Personally, i don't like the Revolution. The controller, well i've seen the video of it in action, and dear oh dear i dont want to look like a *fag whilst playing video games thankyou. Stick to a winning formula. Nintendo lack first party support, another reason why i will stay away from it. You say the 360 and ps3 are generic, but you fail to realise that they lack the first party support, and if i may say so, some third party, to really get the ball rolling against the big two. I'm not a rpg fan or watever genre Zelda falls into, but i respect thier impact on gaming. FPS do it for me, and as far as im concerned, ps3 and revolution won't even come effing close.
    dude...

DUDE.....

you IDIOT!

First Party support. ok, Nintendo "Lacks first party support". In other words, you're saying Nintendo doesn't make many of their own games for their own systems, as opposed to getting a company like Capcom or Konami to make games for their system, which is happening as well.

Um... Nintendo is, was, and always will be the king of First party support. Just look at the line up of gamecube games worth playing; nearly all of them made by nintendo themselves, i.e. first party support.

Second.. the Revolution will come with a "standard" controller shell so you can play "regular" games the good 'ol fashioned way. And, I'm sorry you are so concerned with your sexuality that you can't enjoy a video game.

The Legend of Zelda is an "Adventure" game.

Fail to realize what now? That sentance did not make sense, at all. I'm not even gonna touch that one.

Niether X360, Rev or the PS3 will come close to the PC if you want FPS's. Halo is mediocre. This much is true.

Don't get me wrong, please, continue playing whatever it is you play. It's just your "arguement" sucks ass
    Last edited by Radoman; 12-09-2005 at 08:37 PM.

dude...

DUDE.....

you IDIOT!

First Party support. ok, Nintendo "Lacks first party support". In other words, you're saying Nintendo doesn't make many of their own games for their own systems, as opposed to getting a company like Capcom or Konami to make games for their system, which is happening as well.

Um... Nintendo is, was, and always will be the king of First party support. Just look at the line up of gamecube games worth playing; nearly all of them made by nintendo themselves, i.e. first party support.

Second.. the Revolution will come with a "standard" controller shell so you can play "regular" games the good 'ol fashioned way. And, I'm sorry you are so concerned with your sexuality that you can't enjoy a video game.

Fail to realize what now? That sentance did not make sense, at all. I'm not even gonna touch that one.

Niether X360, Rev or the PS3 will come close to the PC if you want FPS's. Halo is mediocre. This much is true.

Don't get me wrong, please, continue playing whatever it is you play. It's just your "arguement" sucks ass
    quoted for truth.....
    i will definately be getting a revolution, especially if it comes with a new metroid game....
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

dude...

DUDE.....

you IDIOT!

But nintendo do, i will try and find the links that focus on the concerns for NIntendo's lack of first party developers. Nintendo in house developers make games, just like Microsoft Game Studio's, but it is the real first part developers that will be lacking when the Revolution is released. My argument doesn't "suck ass" but just like alot of statements about hte next gen consoles, they lack real support because only one of the 3 have been released. FPS on the PC are mix and match, their are the great ones, and the duds. However, there are games for the 360 that are greatly anticipated, and because of the higher level of technology, a greater number of PC games will be ported to the 360, ps3 and revolution. Halo wasn't mediocre, beat HL2 to the Gamespy goty and is loved by millions. Saying that it is mediocre is saying that there are a great number of better shooters that were out at the time when it was released or shorty after. That was not the case. Halo2 especially, was a fantastic game on it's release and still holds up.

- The line for the PS3

Smile

But nintendo do, i will try and find the links that focus on the concerns for NIntendo's lack of first party developers. Nintendo in house developers make games, just like Microsoft Game Studio's, but it is the real first part developers that will be lacking when the Revolution is released. My argument doesn't "suck ass" but just like alot of statements about hte next gen consoles, they lack real support because only one of the 3 have been released. FPS on the PC are mix and match, their are the great ones, and the duds. However, there are games for the 360 that are greatly anticipated, and because of the higher level of technology, a greater number of PC games will be ported to the 360, ps3 and revolution. Halo wasn't mediocre, beat HL2 to the Gamespy goty and is loved by millions. Saying that it is mediocre is saying that there are a great number of better shooters that were out at the time when it was released or shorty after. That was not the case. Halo2 especially, was a fantastic game on it's release and still holds up.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner for this years Stupidest man ever!

The award goes to BLITZ, for his astounding inability to not know what he's talking about!

A first party developer is Nintendo themselves, or Sony themselves, and "In house" game developer, as you put it. A third party developer is stuff like Konami, Rockstar, EA etc.

Half Life 2 is far better than Halo 2. Just because gamespy rates it better doesn't make it so, because there are more people that have an XBOX and gullible enough to believe Halo's hype than there are people with PC's good enough to handle HL2. There's your reason why a poll-based decision would pick Halo over HL, and as for Gamespy themselves deciding on Halo?? Bias, stupidity, payolla, whatever, it doesn't matter what some website tells you. It's called getting your own opinion and not taking someone elses decision as yours.

Half Life 2 was and still is, far and away the better game. Now turn off your computer and throw it out the window, mr. Imbecile, you're dirtying up the internet.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I give you 100% support on that, nothing's better than playing FPS with a keyboard and a mouse. And the option to modify stuffs. I replaced the knife in CSS with a finger thats pokes!!!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner for this years Stupidest man ever!

The award goes to BLITZ, for his astounding inability to not know what he's talking about!

A first party developer is Nintendo themselves, or Sony themselves, and "In house" game developer, as you put it. A third party developer is stuff like Konami, Rockstar, EA etc.

Half Life 2 is far better than Halo 2. Just because gamespy rates it better doesn't make it so, because there are more people that have an XBOX and gullible enough to believe Halo's hype than there are people with PC's good enough to handle HL2. There's your reason why a poll-based decision would pick Halo over HL, and as for Gamespy themselves deciding on Halo?? Bias, stupidity, payolla, whatever, it doesn't matter what some website tells you. It's called getting your own opinion and not taking someone elses decision as yours.

Half Life 2 was and still is, far and away the better game. Now turn off your computer and throw it out the window, mr. Imbecile, you're dirtying up the internet.

Hahaha first party doens't constrain itself to in house developers silly, and Konami, Rockstar, EA aren't "stuff" so i don't know why you are calling me silly. For console gaming, for example, Rareware are a first party developer. All site's are biased and imo gamespy is my reliable (lol) source of information. Furthermore you talking about bias? well that is YOUR opinion of Half Life 2. M y opinion - i am much more entertained by Halo2 than HL2, the latter of the two games mentioned got repetitive, boring and slurged on puzzles that detracted from the storyline and gaming experience. In additon, dirtying up the internet? hmm well i think if we can scroll through our comments we would both have our share of worthy, and unworthy posts here on UCP. HL2 can go eat on of my freshly laid turds, it lacks the diversity and fun factor that halo2 has.

- The line for the PS3

HL2 can go eat on of my freshly laid turds, it lacks the diversity and fun factor that halo2 has.

...I'm not even going to bother arguing anymore. Apparently, I don't need to prove how dumb you are

Thread Information